1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes is back, this time with 790

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jimmy Chitwood, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Except that Stern is actually talented.

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I have more important things to do

3. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Remember those Rockets central radio host like Wexler? I just got into to listening to sports radio around the time he left but it was so great to have a knowledgeable Rockets fan having a show while everyone else was Texans 24/7.

4. Nero

Nero Member

So what is going to be on 790 this week during the afternoons?

5. jae713

jae713 Member

Charlie is gone? WTF. I spend the majority of my day driving and I looked forward to Charlie's show?

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Dark dark times on the drive home. I guess we can kiss goodbye Palilo's interview with the Rockets Head Coach now that the lovechild of Skip Bayless and Charles Barkley is on the 790 team, your home of the Houston Rockets. Good God, why Lord WHYYY!??

Seriously this guy was the most negative local sports radio relentless hater on the Rockets until he left for Philly. And when he left he continued to show his true colors regarding the Rockets.

Here's a refresher course of why everyone was so happy when that troll left town:

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/josh-innes-sr610am-clutchfans-hate-me.212487/

Daryl Morey annoyed during SR610 interview.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/daryl-morey-annoyed-during-sr610-interview.223843/

The Interview: https://cbshouston.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/daryl-morey.mp3

Even After Adding Harden & Dwight, Daryl Morey Can't Earn Josh Innes' Approval
    http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/7...arden-dwight-daryl-morey-cant-earn-josh-innes

BigMaloe and OmegaSupreme like this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sleep radio with Chris Gordy's boring, monotonous sleep inducing voice. Keep that Coffee ready

8. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Sad day for 790. Doesn't make sense to let go of Charlie P, at least move him or pair him up with someone else.

Innes was a joke on 610, not even getting along with his own co hosts. Apparently, he had the same shtick in Philly.

9. edc

edc Contributing Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

They think you will listen BECAUSE you hate him. And they weren't winning with integrity.
    This has to stop.... don't tune him in even out of curiosity.

Or call in and ask him real sprts questions like explaining the OBS, it's significance, how the Astro's rank and can get better,

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Makes my choices easier in the afternoon in the off chance I'm driving home then. I work from home so I'm rarely in the car after 3...but if I am, it'll be on 610. Couldn't stand Innes then and have always been a CP fan. Outside of Rockets and Astros games, I likely won't be listening to 790 at all.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

^ Exactly. Like "Private Parts," when a station manager is reading the ratings report about how people who hate Howard Stern listen to him more than those who like him. The same answer from both sides: "I can't wait to hear what he says next."

I wasn't a big fan of Charlie Palillo; I read a post from some other site when he was let go, someone tired of his "negative realist" thing. That fairly sums it up for me. The "negative realist" would grate on my nerves. I didn't want a suckup. Just not someone who saw the dark side of every move the local sports teams made.

But I would take Palillo a million times over before Josh Innes. Proof positive that all you need in this world are guts. Or a set of big brass ones. Not caring what others think of you. Innes is horrific and I'll never forget how he jumped Daryl Morey the week that the Rockets left 610 for 790; NOT because Innes would miss them, mind you, but because Morey chided the softball questions he'd received so far in the interview and Innes went full a-hole flamethrower on him.

By the end of his time with 610, Innes and his former on-air cohort were barely tolerating each other.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

SiriusXm radio is relatively cheap. I know not everyone has $30, or $100 (depending on deal, package) laying around, but its all I listen to sportswise nowadays.

Besides the larger national channels - ESPN, MadDog Sports, Bleacher Report - there are also dedicated channels. So an NBA channel, NFL, SEC, etc.

It doesn't give you that all local all the time feel, but I think its better because of that.

There are still shows and hosts I don't care for on the big boys, and still discussions that can lean a little too much BIG market, GREAT team, NorthEast, etc. but on the whole lots of options to decide what you like when.

Plus with the app I listen while working, exercising, etc.

I know it sounds like an informercial! Sorry. There are complaints. The biggest of which would be that I need Spotify and SiriusXM to merge, that way it can all be together.

Houstunna likes this.
  14. The Law

The Law Member

If you are going to ask him a baseball related stat question, I would start out by asking about OPS instead of OBS.

And you answer would probably be statistically accurate considering if there is any sport he knows more than others it's baseball.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We have to pressure the Rockets and Astros. Especially the Rockets because it's primarily a black sport and this disgusting mouth breather is on the "home" of the Rockets and Astros. They have the clout to force 790 to do their will. Especially with Les, he has fired people for less "PC" things. Do we have any proof that this loudmouth ahole mouth breather ever hurt or joked about hurting animals?

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

790 should rebrand from "Home of the Houston Rockets" to "Home of the Racist Rejects."

ipaman likes this.
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Dear shill,

Doesn't he mostly only know some reds trivia from the 70's? I seem to remember that. As his personal agent, could you tell me what is his current BMI and BP? Curious how much longer he will live

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Charlie Pillow is my favorite, but I rarely listen to sports radio tbh

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tell you buddy that I said he sucks. I told him that a few years ago at the Rockets game too if that will refresh his memory.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

Yeah but homers don't like him because he said Curry was a deserving MVP when beat out Harden or when he mentions Rockets 17 years before getting to the conference finals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.