1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Hamilton Free Agency (UPDATE: Signs with Angels)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CometsWin, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Major

Major Member

I wouldn't touch Hamilton for a long-term deal, but Nolan Ryan's comments are pretty crappy.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So Nolan Ryan is mad that Hamilton didn't wait to stop doing something that can kill him until the offseason?

Yikes. Tobacco is terrible and chewing it is so horrible for you. Ryan is a donkey for calling him out on this. I've never heard an owner actually say that his team's success is more important to him than the health of his players.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not sure there's another guy in sports like Nolan for me. Really liked that guy...now I absolutely can't stand him.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Brewers Eyeing Josh Hamilton

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/343757-brewers-eyeing-josh-hamilton?xid=cnnbin

08:21 AM ET 10.26 | Milwaukee hasn't been shy about making plays for big-name players in recent years, and the franchise may be ready to pitch to another. [The Brewers] are seriously considering a run at superstar free-agent outfielder Josh Hamilton, according to people familiar with their thinking. The Brewers believe Milwaukee is a viable market for Hamilton, and it doesn't hurt that their hitting coach is Johnny Narron, who is very close to Hamilton from their days together in Cincinnati and Texas. Narron was Hamilton's original "life coach" with the Reds and Rangers. In Texas he generally thrived and is credited for having only two relapses. Brewers owner Mark Attanasio declined comment on a possible try for Hamilton.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Something seems wrong about him playing for a team called the Brewers.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

They could use him thats the break we need.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The astros should offer him 2 years 50 million. Not a crippling contract and I mean we are fielding a triple A team out there. We need someone.

8. MadMax

i'd rather them put $50 million in 50 $1 million contracts to prospects at this point than to sign Josh Hamilton.

but doesn't matter anyway, because someone will offer him a stupid 5 year deal, and he'll play about 2.5 years worth of games under it.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You can't spend that $50M on prospects now. Draft & International spending pools.

10. MadMax

I understand...just making the point. I'd spend that money virtually any other way than simply adding Josh Hamilton.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mariners, Orioles look like players in the Josh Hamilton sweepstakes

12. Buck Turgidson

Nolan was historically just in the background, an icon, so we just thought of him as "good ol' Nolie". He was always an egotistical *******, but he was OUR egotistical *******; now he's in the forefront, getting quoted in the paper all the time and it's there for all to see. This isn't new behavior, many of his outside business cohorts don't speak glowingly of him at all.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hamilton to the Angels!:eek: (5 years)

#33 J.R., Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  14. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Trout Pujlos Hamilton :eek:

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Hopefully the Angels will be saddled with those bad deals.

Of course, Trout hits FA the year Hamilton's deal expires. That was smart of them.

16. conquistador#11

good thing we're not in the AL.....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

17. Nook

Nook Member

5 years and 125 million

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Crazy amount of money and years, Angels becoming the Yankees of the west....

19. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

**** the AL west

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

angels and dodgers....tv contracts have gotten out of control for baseball. which is odd..weren't there articles as recently as a few years ago about how less people were watching baseball?