1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill's a stud!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I'm trying to hold back my excitement about Jordan Hill, but it's getting more difficult. He's gotten good minutes lately and has put them to good use. He's stolen minutes from Jeffries and Hayes primarily since Andersen has been out (and brings something different to the table anyway), and I love seeing young players develop.

New York Knicks fans are pissed, too: http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=993748

Apparently D'Antoni wanted him to be an outside-in player instead of an inside-out player, so Knicks fans really had no clue the guy could play around the rim. Their reactions are amusing and the whole thread is a good read -- they really start complaining about dealing Hill after the Wizards game last night.

Jordan Hill can bring everything Carl Landry did to the table and more, just isn't there yet from a work ethic and maturity stand point. He has a good shooting touch. He can rebound like hell (probably better than Carl at that already). He can block/change shots. His post game needs a bit of work compared to Carl, and I hate comparing the two, but Hill is lookin' really good. Bosh comparisons are still ludicrous, though.

He won't be Yao Ming's back-up, though, he'll probably be Scola's. We might see some Scola/Hill combos in the future, but I think Hill will be a PF not a C.

Another good thing about showing his potential and increasing his value is that he simply gives us another key to use in a potential sign-and-trade.

2. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

But the stamp that sent the trade out the door, the pin wheel, the very entity that got Morey to agree was hill he made big pushes for him.

3. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I agree, we definitely need to see what Hill can bring to the table. I'm hoping they would let him replace Chuck Hayes in the starting line-up. If Hill is the real deal, I could see us focusing more on upgrading at other positions. We could also draft the best player available and not out of need. Morey may decide not to go after the max free-agent, at least we wouldn't have to break up the current roster.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Ugh. The misconceptions continue. Morey will do everything he can to get a max free agent via S&T, but it won't always be successful (in fact, it's very unlikely). This does not mean he didn't try.

5. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I'm sure he will try, but at the expense of losing Battier, Scola and or Brooks, he may go a different direction. The play of Hill will definitely have a bearing on the whole situation or at least influence which free agent Morey will covet.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

The funny thing is that NY rated Hill as the 2nd best player in the draft :eek:
    And yet so easy how they gave him up..

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How do you know that they rated him #2?

If that really is the case maybe they need isaah back.

8. LifeisButaDream

2 best big man

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Donnie Walsh has a fantastic track record...

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The Knicks have Lebron/Dwade Tunnel vision and Hill was collateral damage.

Lucky for us. I really hope Hill gets 20+ min a game for the rest of the year.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We have to give it up to Walsh though. The guy just flat out has balls. He took over the Knicks with the plan and actually followed through to the end with it.

12. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

u and many uniformed fans are shocked but not me, i seen alota highlights of this guy and this is EXACTLY wat he did at Arizona, now its finally starting to translate in the NBA hes untouchable, a definite building block and future conerstone of the team

13. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

true, foolish, but true

its enabled us to get a future conerstone player.. thanx for following thru to the bitter end Walsh :grin:

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

We don't need another power forward, we already have hill who will replace landry, Scola, Andersen, and we'll have Yao and ethier or both Hayes and Camby. I say we trade our draft pick

15. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

uneducated hater

16. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

he has a good post game, a nice little right jump hook in the paint, he put the move on mcgee last nite.. he also knocked down a few mid-range jumpers, he has a nice touch and hes a great FT shooter for a big man AND he runs the floor tremendously, a very active big body and hes gona fill out even more..

his dunks get noticed more than all the less stylistic fundamental things he can do but if u were paying attention u wouldve noticed all that, not jus his highlight plays

17. MD_in_Training

At 6'10 and athletic, I expected him to be more of a shotblocker than he seems to be.

18. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

hater, u one of those guys that hate cuz u kno nothin then become the leader of the bandwagon when u see a finished product :rolleyes:

19. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Athletic in that he has nice foot work and gets up and down the floor quickly, but he is not an explosive leaper.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

lol wut