1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill's a stud!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Mar 9, 2010.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/llR4JBw29Lc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/llR4JBw29Lc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Haters want to hate....:grin:

Jordan Hill for HOF class of 2025!!!:grin:

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, but with that quote Hill doesn't say. "He works harder than me."

He seems to just be complementing that he's getting his PT because he is a hardworker. What else was Hill supposed to say? "Man I work harder than him, I should get those minutes."

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

this freaking song has been stuck in my head all day for some reason.

4. towW

towW Member

..but yeah no need to say anything like that.
    Some players work different in different situations. Seeing how New York is going into the gutter and losing a lot. It's hard to work for something when you can't even see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope Cbud keeps him accountable which I'm sure he is. This way we'll get the best out of JHill trade or no trade.

5. towW

towW Member

The Rockets were lucky to have Landry hopefully JHill pans out the same way.

sorry for spamming

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

"I am usually the first guy at the gym and the last to leave. I do what it takes to get better. I don't know why coach moved Landry ahead of me. Eventually, coach will see my work ethic and dedication."

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But, let's not read into that too much. He is a rookie with a HIGH ceiling, that is playing GREAT basketball...

ENJOY IT HOUSTON YEAH BABY!!!!

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well then why did you say earlier even Hill admitted he wasn't getting PT because Landry worked harder?

9. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I agree.

I've never understood why some coaches don't understand a budding player needs real game experience to blossom.

10. fumduck

fumduck Member

Mike D. did us a favor by benching him early in the season. Hopefully J Hill has a chip on his shoulder, and will continue working hard to keep playing. I think the time on the bench has made him appreciate the game a lot more and not let him be a spoiled player we often see today.

11. Houston22

Houston22 Member

He might be a next gem, but you guys are not high on him.. just high.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Bad habits. If you are working on a player with bad habits, he will do the bad habits in the game. The more you do bad habits, the harder it is to remove them. Granted, a player will get more acclimated to the NBA game in the game and will improve faster with game time, but you may get stuck with a player with bad habits.

You work on a guy in practice. He won't be getting up to game speed as quick, but once he gets it...he'll explode. You lose a little that first season to gain a higher ceiling for the rest of his career. The Rockets did this with Landry. The Rockets did this with Dorsey. The Rockets are doing this with Taylor. The Knicks did it with Hill. Some players are ready for the NBA like Budinger. Some aren't.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Looks like Hitler had a right to be upset about losing Jordan Hill after all.

1 person likes this.
  14. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I think it just exposes what a terrible organization the Knicks have. Why they decided to pair D'Antoi (and his system) with this team has always been puzzling to me. The Knicks need Larry Brown or a real teaching coach to bring along the talent that they have. We've brought this guy further along in a few weeks than they did in six months and training camp. Give him a summer to work with Carrol Dawson and Jack Sikma and the guy could pan out into something special.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't know who said it, but 'The Predator" sounds like a bad ass nickname. :cool:

16. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

We did it with Brooks too... he didn't play much at all the beginning of his Rookie season, he was even D-League for awhile.

17. putbrooksin

putbrooksin Member

No dout j hill has the skills. This is just another example of Lord Morey capitalizing on dumb moves by the knicks. They shouldnt have drafted hill with Lee as their star. This lack of playing time on a team as bad as the kn icks greatly reduced hills value and morey pounced. hills style of play the past two games has reminded me of landrys rookie year before the injury and that has me excited!!! first post ;)

18. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

+rep for hilarity

19. towW

towW Member

agreed The Predator sounds very bad ass

20. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

The draft occurs before summer league, so that can't happen. The Rockets need to evaluate Hill for the remainder of the season to determine what the have in Hill and if they want to use the draft or trade to acquire another PF. It'd be silly to make any final conclusions at this point.

That said, I'm hoping that Hill can become a sold rotation player, good for blocks, rebounds, and defense with some offense. If that happens, we can to use resources to improve the backcourt and/or get a project big man.