1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill's a stud!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Mar 9, 2010.

1. LifeisButaDream

Hill/Monroe front line looks good to me. :grin:

2. vince

vince Member

I like Jordan Hill's ability. I like the rotation already of Yao, Scola, and Hill at the front court - with Hayes and Anderson coming in for either shooting or added defense.

Ming / Anderson / Hayes
    Scola / Hill
    Battier / Ariza
    Martin / Budinger / Taylor
    Brooks / Lowry

What a good talented line up!!!! :grin:

3. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Hmm if Hill gains some value down the rode (say 10-8 average) and we can use Hill to obtain more proven vets: do we do it?

4. koopa

koopa Member

jordan hill has impressed me..we gotta thank DA for gettin injured and gettin hill out of the doghouse!

5. LifeisButaDream

HELL NO :mad:

6. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Carl wasn't brought along. His game was already complete as is today when he came in the league as a 24 year old rookie.

So in other words, Carl didn't really expand his game all that much, it's just that Yao's absence gave him more minutes on the court. Now that he's a starter and the only post player with the Kings, he gets to play 40+ minutes, good for Carl. Rockets got Hill, so good for Rockets too. This was a win-win trade imo.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hill is a good reason to maybe not have to draft a Monroe or a Sanders. But if we are aiming for a run at a ring, we still have to get another All star PF/C to have alongside Yao.

8. crocktees

crocktees Member

Haven't had a chance to watch the game, will watch the NBA replay in a few hours but I caught the Wizards broadcast on sirius. How refreshing is it to hear an opposing commentator mention how a Rockets player changed the game on the defensive end and on the boards. It's been a while. Looking forward to more minutes for Hill and see how he progresses. The Wizards are pretty awful, but Hill contributing even a a little bit will be huge for the rest of the season.

9. nebula955

nebula955 Member

not true. carl's game is markedly different since his rookie season. he's much much better at shooting from decent range and ballhandling. his post moves are also more polished now rather than just "grab a rebound, spin, dunk".

10. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Wow, I'm elated at all the positive response and glad that it's not just me coming out of the wood work. Yes, you are in a sig! I say in the rough because as has been mentioned, though Morey insisted on getting this guy, we pretty much likely only got him because of New York's unique mindset. I do like the idea of getting Monroe or any other contributing rookie in this year's upcoming draft. I'm glad that we all won this year, the team was competitive enough to keep us happy for the most part and we'll get a lottery player (or two with Jordan Hill!) over the course of this retooling. Let's see what next year brings if Yao can stay healthy!

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Morey will choose the best player. Remember the 2007 draft? The Rockets had Alston, Mike James, Head, and Lucas. People were scratching their heads on why Morey drafted a 5th player(Brooks) under 6'3". Some sports analysts thought it might have been for a trade.

12. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

lol that was pretty funny

13. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

He is doing his job while at there, but I would like to see some plays designed for him. I know he has received a pass for a strong finish, but I want to see him do some one on one post moves. I understand that they will have to work that in slowly, but I still want to see it. He still is giving us strong minutes and he plays some Defense which is a good thing.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

I thought you were gonna say "is there video of him passing"

15. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I really like it that he finally got some playing time & is doing a fine job! I really like this kid, I think he will be a NICE player in this league! I don't really understand some of the negative stuff some of these so called Rox's fans here! GIVE THE ROOKIE A CHANCE! I always like this trade for broke back T Mac & I don't think he's a "throw in"! I don't think Morey is that dumb, & I'm sure he did his homework on this kid! ;)

16. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

That's because back then we ran no plays for him with Yao and Mac in the line up, and as such those scrap dunks were all he was getting, according to himself earlier this season. He was shooting FT's as well as today and also the occasional midrange jumpers.

Remember how Carl played the Jazz in the playoffs his rookie year after Yao went out right in the middle of the historic 22 game win streak? It was the same game he's playing today with the Kings because with Yao out, he became an option, not because he improved his game significantly.

Jordan Hill, on the other hand, is 2 years younger as a rookie and has the size that Carl lacks, and thus has got a much higher ceiling once he becomes a finished product and gets plays run for him. Not to mention even Hill's hair hangs in the air like Scola's, lol.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It is interesting that the Rockets went into last year's draft without a pick, and now they've acquired:

Jordan Hill
    Jermaine Taylor
    Chase Budinger
    Sergio Llull

Credit to Les and the Rockets front office for being so active in trying to upgrade our talent.

18. kayc

kayc Member

All i know is the Rocks dont play til Saturday so im sure they will practice a lot with Hill, showing him where to post up so players can give him the ball, run the pick n roll, etc..the guys get a nice little break so with ariza n kyle back they get to practice with everyone!!! My wish is that they Rockets find some hidden spark within all the players and go on a winning streak alllll the way into the playoffs :) Who Knows?? But yea I really like J's game. Only room for improvement.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He lacks that Landry work ethic.

20. LifeisButaDream

You must love eating crow :confused: