1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill's a stud!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Mar 9, 2010.

1. chadyang

chadyang Member

Uhhh.. don't get too excited :)

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Jordan Hill = Jordan + Hill

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I like what I'm seeing so far. We really haven't seen if he has any offensive skills yet. I think just about all his baskets have been dunks and layups. If he has some kind of a post up game, or can knock down a shot from 10-15 feet, this guy could be a nice player. I look forward to seeing what he does the rest of the year. At this point, I would rather see Hill on the floor more than Anderson. We already know what Anderson can and cannot do.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If he can offer a consistent 10 points 6-7 boards as a rookie then you have to be happy. Give him some time to develop, work on some post moves. Bring him along slow like Landry.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Tmac for Hill, Jeffries, and 2 first rounders.

6. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

It was a 3 team trade, but if that's how you want to look at it to help your simple mind out, sure.

7. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

Consistent performance comes from consistent PT. so...

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

hes ok i guess..

play a 20 more games and we can make some conclusive conclusions

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Production aside, I'd still rather see Hill play over Andersen. Watching Hill produce only makes that decision easier in my book.

10. gambingo

gambingo Member

is there video of him in today's game?

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That was the simplified end result. Here was how the entire traded ended up going down...

- Trade discussion between Knicks and Rox stalled with Rox wanting more and Knicks trying to hardball the Rox.
    - Rox opened discussion with Kings who at that point decided Evans was their guy and looked to trade Martin at the final hours.
    - Rox and Kings agreed to trade Martin for T-Mac and Landry with fillers to make salaries match. Forgot the exact details of the agreed trade.
    - Knicks who desperately needed T-Mac's EC for their great LBJ plan of 2010 realized that the ball was no longer in their court and either they jump in or get screwed over entirely.
    - Kings and Rox "invited" the now pathetically desperate Knicks to help make salaries match.
    - Trade details are finalized; Kings get Landry and Dorsey (the front court help they desperately needed), Knicks get T-Mac and Sergio Garcia (a promising young PG and a huge EC), and Rockets get Martin, Hill, Jeffries, Hilton, (a scoring wing to complement Yao and some atheltic size) and picks that may become high yield later on.

History will tell how great this trade actually is, but even now this trade is already fairly favorable for the Rockets. We get a proven and efficient scorer in Martin whose past injuries could be described as flukes and we finally have a respectably sized front court. Jordan Hill was already a valuable commodity as a 6-10 PF with near unlimited potential and was a projected lottery pick. Now Hill is showing everyone what he could have always done with a bit more PT. Jeffries only knock is that he is currently earning twice as much as he should be, but he is another defensive presence with height inside.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

that was pretty much what happened when the dust settled.. it was THAT simple

Kmart, Armstrong for Landry Dorsey

Tmac for picks Jeff and Hill

Sergio to NY for Hughes

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Agreed I was really happy to see Hill get more PT than Jeffries. Hope it continues.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hill plays with a lot of effort, and I thought he was really in the right spots tonight on defense and I think he will start to block shots consistently soon. I would like to see more of his post game, but he is looking better all the time.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's entirely possible.

If Hill has a breakout 25+ point and 10+ rebound game, it could be enough for the Rockets to take him off the trade table (since most people think he's just trade bait.)

I just hope he keeps getting the chance, it's nice to see the past 2 games he's been the first big off the bench. Hope that doesn't change...actually I hope he just becomes the starting Center for this team. Might as well, he's been playing more than Chuck.

16. blackistan

blackistan Member

Goin a bit too far

17. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

What's gonna happen when he plays bad? Is everyone gonna say he is a scrub?

18. LifeisButaDream

Whats wrong tired of eating crow. :grin:

19. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Wait I'm confused:

[​IMG]

=

Sexy Man

OR

Stud (like Poker)

OR

[​IMG]

20. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I think Morey will draft the best player available, even if we're already deep at the position. He doesn't seem to have a problem picking up multiple players at the same position as long as they have skillsets that fit the team. Remember three years ago when we entered the season with Skip-to-my-Lou, Mike James, Stevie Franchise, and some waterbug of a draft pick from Oregon? I think Morey would be happy letting Hill and a promising draft pick battle it out for minutes off the bench at the 4/5.