1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall "liked" proposed article trade recently

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ApacheWarrior, Jul 14, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Seems John Wall liked a recent article proposed trade which would send
    Wall from Houston to the Clippers.

https://thespun.com/nba/houston-roc...mor-los-angeles-clippers-rockets-twitter-like

In the deal the Rockets would receive M Morris/Beverley/Rondo/and Luke Kennard while the
    Clippers receive Wall plus the Milwaukee 2023 first round pick.

Whether the draft pick is Cade/Mobley/Green or Suggs, apparently John Wall is sending hints
    as to what is on his mind; getting out of Houston.

I can see why the Rockets may want Cade Cunningham as a way of offsetting the
    contracts of Eric Gordon and Wall as Cunningham can be featured at small forward
    until the Wall/Eric Gordon deals realistically are ready to come off the books;
    But Houston, we may have a problem!!

Which is why I say go ahead and draft Jalen Green. Wall might not be in a "play right,"
    state of mind for the Rockets even if we draft Cade Cunningham or Evan Mobley.
    Get ready to play more Kevin Porter jr at point guard.

banzai likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No way we give a 1st round pick for this trade. We would still have 3 more years of Morris/Kennard with his trade which is about $32M/year. Certainly the contracts may be easier to get rid off, so not a terrible option.

#2 ElPigto, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The only way he'll ever be in a Clippers uniform and team up with Paul George and Kawhi Leonard is to accept a buyout at a grossly reduced amount.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I could see them adding a first because the need to get off Wall could also include just not having him around.

I mean... he "CAN" be a solid veteran teacher and leader, but i don't think that's what he wants to be on a crap team at this point in his career and i don't blame him really. And even if he has his good guy persona on all year, he still doesn't seem to mesh well on the court with guys like KPJ... Cade or Green would need usage, etc.

Whereas the other guys being received are more role player types that would more likely benefit the youngins.

Make it something like the worst pick the Rockets have in year x

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. JD88

JD88 Member

Morris doesn't seem like the kind of teammate I want young players around.

Deckard, mikol13, jerryclark and 12 others like this.
  6. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

How about....

Wall and the #24 pick for Rondo, Beverly, Kennard and Ibaka?

I don’t want any part of that Morris contract.

Rockets can buyout 3 out of the 4 players as soon as they land in Houston if they chose to do so. Or, they can try to re-route them to a playoff team and keep their #24 pick. Maybe NOP would like Rondo, Beverly, Ibaka and House for the #10 pick. Or, the Knicks could be willing to give up #19 or #21 for some of those players.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i liked it as well.

thank you tank commander for your loyal service. it'll be so weird seeing wall in another team's uniform after going thru so much together.

Baqui99, calurker, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing I ask myself, how desperate will the Clippers be. You know Kawhi's tendencies of missing a lot more time then typically needed to rehab an injury. He's for the very least going to be out through December, possibly longer. Is it really worth it to bring John Wall in next season if they aren't really looking at contending. Losing Kennard/Morris/Beverley is a lot of production for the regular season out the window to only be replaced by Wall and whatever tax MLE option player may be available.

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

John Wall still believes "I am a Franchise Player". Thinks Terminating his Player Option isn't a Option.

D-rock likes this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Given that the YMCA has posted WANTED posters of him at every location and banned him for life, yeah.

And guys......."The Spun"? Makes Bleacher Report sound like 60 Minutes.

mikenm268, 34to11 and D-rock like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would do it. A late first is worth not having him around, especially in a rebuilding phase. His attitude seems toxic, we have a lot of young guys.

Can let those guys expire and wait for contenders to make offers for them. We'll get a late pick or two back, I'm sure.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Worst trade proposal ever.

ApacheWarrior and D-rock like this.
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'd do it IF you replace with Bucks future pick with this year's 23 or 24. Some decent, usable assets in that trade. Let's say we go with Green in the draft...

KPJ / Beverly
    Green / Kennard
    Tate / House
    Morris / KMJ
    Wood

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

How a about wall and for their pick this year and their 2nd the following year and they keep those players don't want any of them at this point in there careers.

15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You have to include them to match salaries.

burlesk and Dobbizzle like this.
  16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

kawhi's out for the year. will be interesting to see what the clippers do.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

So minus the two untouchables (Kawhi/PG) someone took the only 6 or 7 currently eligible trade pieces LA has and came up with this deal. Got it.

While I hate Walls contract do I really want Morris at 4 years 15mil per? And as @JD88 pointed out, not sure I want Morris around the young guys either.

Need a third team to take one of the PGs (Bev/Rondo) and someone else can take Morris. Maybe we package Ego into the deal somewhere too.

Someone with time can figure out who the third team is and what we get back.

JD88 likes this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He needs to see how many of us liked that.

19. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I would take Beverly and Ibaka for Wall.

Caesar likes this.
  20. edwardc

edwardc Member

Wouldn't be easier just to pick up a year of wall's salary to offset the difference.

ApacheWarrior and glimmertwins like this.