1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall- Career Prediction

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nachbarFTW, Oct 24, 2010.

?

Highest career accomplishment of John Wall?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2010.
  1. HOFer, multiple MVPs, 3+ Championships

16 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. 1+ MVP, 1-2 Championships

42 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. Deep playoff player, 1 MVP

49 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Career All-star

121 vote(s)
    48.4%
  5. Solid Point Guard on winning team

22 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Watching this kid in the preseason, its easy to see him hoisting the Rookie of the Year trophy. I can't remember seeing such a strong combination of athleticism and court awareness in a point guard. This being said, what will be the highest career accomplishment of John Wall 12-13 years down the road?

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Wall will make some All-Star appearances, but Blake Griffin will win ROY, in my opinion.

3. sw847

sw847 Member

i am going to go with evential mvp. In terms of championships, it will depend on what team he is playing for. I can't see the wizards winning a championship anytime soon

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

HOF? Too early...
    MVP winner? Still too early...
    All-star? At this rate, yes, he'll be a multiple all-star..

5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Wall is a beast, but Blake griffin is a monster! he wins ROY.

MVP is possible for jwall, can't really predict championships though.

6. Chamillionaire

i think he'll have a career similar to jason kidd.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

He's got to work to do before he's a allstar player.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yes i agree he has to do some work to become a better player.

:eek:

9. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

If Wall can turn the "Happiest Player" in the League into a promising role player, by promising I mean a 15-8 type player, he will nail the ROY trophy for sure.

He needs his teammates to perform well in order to reflect his value on the court. It seems that Agent 0 (now Agent 9) is his only reliable teammate on the court but unluckily, this teammate is mentally-'disturbed'.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think Wall is the best player drafted in this class but I don't see him getting ROY if Griffin can stay healthy.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

In terms of achievements, just throwing a name out there- Steve Francis.

I see him as having inconsistent focus, the tools are all there, but as is, he will need some mental adjustment in order to come close to reaching his potential. He's no Blake Griffin or even Tyreke Evans in terms of focus. He will make the highlight reels, but also an alarming number of mistakes and possibly difficult to coach.

12. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

He'll be mighty lucky if he even reaches Stevie status.

John Wall and Derrick Rose are the same kind of player to me. Great players but not leaders. Good #2 or #3 player on the team.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Where are you getting this f rom?

It's funny that you even mention Tyreke Evans when Evans is the one who really needs to adjust his game or his team will never have any team success.

I don't know why you would think Wall could be difficult to coach.

14. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

The rest of the Wizard's roster disagrees, he is going to share the title of captain with Kirk Hinrich

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

This post is full of whack. Wall is focused. He has no tattoos.

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I was referring to Tyreke's focus on the game when he's on the court, a relative lack of mental lapses, although admittedly I don't watch many Kings games, but that's what I saw from what I've seen, while you are presumably referring to his ballhogging tendencies/iso mindset, which is very different from what I referred to.

I have that prediction of Wall just from what I've seen of him, my personal scouting report and gut instinct.

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Tyreke Evans?? I seem to recall him focused more on his stats than helping his team win. In fact his whole rookie season revolved around that 20/5/5 stat.

18. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I hope your right, but when you have Baron Davis as your point guard and young talents that want to show their stuff it can be a little iffy while Wall will have the ball in his hands. And don't forget about D Cousins. I'm not saying he's gonna win it, but him and Griffin play the same position, so if the both average a double double, they can take votes from each other.

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

We'll just agree to disagree then. What does tattoos have anything to do with anything? His level of focus I would say is about Chase Budinger's level- good enough to be a star considering Wall's tools but not good enough to be a superstar. My off the top expounding on focus:

First tier (unsurpassed): Michael Jordan, Larry Bird

Second tier (very focused): Hakeem Olajuwon, Bill Russell, Chuck Hayes, Kobe Bryant

Third tier (a shade less focused): David Robinson, Wilt Chamberlain, Vince Carter

Fourth tier (average focus): Chris Webber, Courtney Lee, Amare Stoudemire

Fifth tier (characterized by constant mental lapses and minds not being on the game): Von Wafer, Adam Morrison, Yi Jianlian

These are just general levels to give you an idea of the kind of players that come to mind for me that illustrates this point. I would put Yao Ming at around a 3.5. Wall and Budinger would be around 3.

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Sorry, my own focus is not there tonight. I meant Yao would be around a 2.5 tier and Wall and Budinger would be 4th.