1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Fetterman makes his move, look out!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 8, 2021.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Whatever you say man, go ahead and run with it. You were right all along. Or perhaps you can read the numerous accounts and backlash.

but let’s go ahead and wait for a randomized controlled trial to answer the question

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They didn't realize how much they actually agree with Fetterman because we don't really get to know candidates and their actual beliefs. We see R & D and a bunch of generalities. It doesn't help that politicians then usually follow the party line because of the $$$ and primary risks. And sometimes party line just means being opposed to the other party.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I suppose. Politics as sport rots the brain.

Fetterman isn't above reproach, but all this jibberjabber about how he's a phony and a hypocrite rings pretty hollow without receipts.

rocketsjudoka and ElPigto like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I always believed he was kinda phony way before his "I'm not a progressive" statement.

He's a privileged man who never had to do something as basic as a job interview in his life hence why he can wear a hoodie everywhere. Poor people who want to advance and make it can't afford to walk around in hoodies. They gotta cosplay as people who can afford decent clothes because they got to do things like job interviews.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, so where’s the beef? I don’t follow him that closely but I don’t recall him being different.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again I think his position on Israel wasn't considered much before October because it wasn't much of an issue.

While he's said he's not a progressive overall his votes still seem closer to progressive positions than many other Senators.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I think everyone wants a secure border, congress should take the steps to come up with legislation that is bipartisan, the gop has had the majority for a few years, what have they done? They dont want to do anything because it's to good a sound bite............maybe one day congress will think about the people who put them there and not govern based on who wins, its not a D thing or a R thing, it should be about the American People.

FranchiseBlade and ROXRAN like this.
  9. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

In a new and prosperous America, every woke liberal should be recovered from a stroke. Not a joke!

tinman likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

11. Nook

Nook Member

The Chinese shouldn't own any farmland in the USA.

Huge amounts of land in California shouldn't be owned by Italians.

Non-US cititzens should not be able to purchase homes in the United States easily either.

Likewise - Americans should not be purchasing large amounts of land over-seas.

This is just basic stuff to me - and something that Democrats and many Republicans would agree with decades ago.

Also none of this is surprising to those that listened to Fetterman - he has always been this way, he has always been pro-Israel as well. He was never a Democrat stooge. He also has always been extreme pro-union and also pro-worker.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Huh?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Too late :p

Nook likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I think if the person lives here while they own the home or property, that is different.

I just don't think that people that don't live in a country should be able to buy homes or property for the purpose of investment.

It has a lot of negative consequences, and I would feel the same if Americans that do not live in another nation started buying up all of the property and homes elsewhere.

ROCKSS, mtbrays and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it shouldn't be controversial to try to prevent our cities from becoming Vancouver or Toronto.

Nook likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The woke felt betrayed cause Fetterman got a stroke not a woke

Woke actually damages your brain
    @ROXRAN
    @Salvy

basso likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Uhhhh...not just Americans, but people buy houses/property all over the world no matter where they're from.

You're not wrong, but how would you ever turn that clock back?

Nook likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

The easiest way is to tax the hell out of foreigners owning residential property.

Also there are other parts of the world that limit or restrict foreigners owning property.

The purpose is to prevent a situation like Vancouver where housing is nearly impossible because so much housing is owned by people that don’t even live in Canada.

Affordable housing is possibly the biggest crisis in the United States right now.

joshuaao likes this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Here's my hot take.

Housing is so scarce and expensive because it now serves people better as a store of value than as the utility/commodity that it actually is.

Fix money debasement and that particular aspect of the problem goes away.

Nook and astros123 like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Why can't I own an extra house in Latin America, or Europe, or wherever?

Other nations owning "food production" type land here in the US is a whole 'nuther deal.