1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Johnson is doing exactly what we want TMac to do

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cato13, Apr 28, 2008.

1. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

This guy is just killing the Celtics defense right now. They have no answer for him. He is putting them on his back. Who would have thought Atlanta would be in the series with the Celtics?

2. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

I know...he is playing lights out.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

thats ma boy.

love JJ he's been a fantasy league fav of mine for the past couple of years, and now he's doing business when it matters most.

4. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Yea he is looking like he's worth every penny of what they're paying him. Josh Smith is playing well too. They have a nice group of young active guys. Their crowd is going nuts right now too. I've never seen Phillips Arena that electric. All in all a very good game.

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Of course, he is killing the Celtics. Kevin Garnett is T-Mac's brother of destiny. They cannot escape their destiny. They will be forever destined to be eliminated in the first round. ;)

6. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I once played craps with that dude :cool:

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

i assume your being sarcastic and realise that KG got to the WC Finals with the Wolves with the team that included Sprewell and Cassell.

8. Tuan

Tuan Member

Is KG the most overrated player EVER?

9. ekim

ekim Member

No.

But this Boston team is the most overrated team ever.

10. Tuan

Tuan Member

I believe he certainly is one of the most over hyped player ever. He has advanced pass the 1st round ONCE. Can you remember any playoff games where the guy has completely dominated the game? I certainly cant. I would even go so far as to say that he is a lesser player than TMac. Other than being intense and pumping his chest, what is the difference between him and TMac? At least Tmac has taken over many playoffs game before, even though he lost them.

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It must have been a fluke.

12. pli777

pli777 Member

And yet at the end of the day only 1 thing matters, a W.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Nah. Let's keep it real.

A team would have to go 82-0 in the regular season and then get swept in the first round of playoffs to take that title away from last year's Dallas Mavericks team.

14. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Let's be fair to T-Mac.

If you replace T-Mac with Joe Johnson on the Rockets to play the Jazz, I bet Joe Johnson cant score like tonite's game. The Rockets are more likely to get sweep.

Sadly, the Hawks have better shooters/finishers than the depleted Rockets. The Celtics couldnt double hard on JJ. Most of the double teams came very late. Joe Johnson had more time and space to operate.

Moreover, if you pay attention to T-Mac's movements, T-Mac has been laboring to get pass defenders. T-Mac's speed may be hampered by his knee injury. The Jazz are also more physical defenders.

Yes, we want T-Mac to attack. But when T-Mac + 4 Ryan Bowens are on the floor, there wont be too much space to operate.

15. htownhustla

htownhustla Member

He dominated the 4th qtr. 20 POINTS. If tmac could just close out playoff games this year. The diff is that Joe johnson attacked and wasnt as tired since he alone did not have to carry the team. Hopefully when Yao comes back nxt yr, thats wha we see

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Lol! some of you clowns make me laugh.

Tmac is basically quadrupled team in the fourth quarters. They had Ray Allen guarding JJ one on one.

17. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

LOL you OWNED him.

18. ibm

ibm Member

don't make stuff up.

19. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

JJ was a beast out there today. he was getting double teamed out on the perimeter and still drove it right down the throat of the defense and scored in the lane... at will. very impressive

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LMAO!!!
    So in your opinion . . EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE HAS BETTER TALENT [outside of TMAC] . . THAN THE ROCKETS???

So . . With out TMAC . .. the rockets are WORSE than a 37 win Atlanta team???

Rocket River
    UN FREAKING BELEIVABLE
    These are official T-MAC ONLY FANS
    cause they will TRASH EVERY OTHER ROCKET JUST to take the HEAT off T-MAC