1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ watt injury

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Oct 27, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How did they waste Johnson's prime. Cause they didn't win a super bowl

You're not a stupid guy but this a super bowl is the standard mentality is so damn stupid.

There are 32 teams. Texans aren't 20 years old. Get off that dumb ish

Johnson is an easy hall of famer even spending his youth with Carr.

#41 pgabriel, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    UTSA2step likes this.
  2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Injury prone, yes. But I think you're wrong about his impact. He's not 2012-2014 Watt, but he's still elite and draw double teams constantly.

I mean the guy was all-pro first team last year.

There's going to be lots of talk about cutting him loose since the dead cap number is low. I think that would be incredibly dumb given that we're in a win now window and have little draft capital to improve the team. I think JJ will be open to restructure - give him a 2 year reasonable deal with most of the money up front, and heavy on games played incentives.

Also don't think he will retire over a pec. If it were another back injury or leg, maybe.

red5rocket, UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We're gonna give up a lot of points the rest of the season

4. Mr. Clutch

Not sure where you're getting that his explosion is gone

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This was the unfortunate possibility we didn't want to happen after letting Clowney go. We may be broken, but we are not down. We fought to the finish with the heart of champions. Let's show the London fans what we are made of next week! Best wishes to JJ in his recovery.

UTSA2step likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

Carlos Dunlap would also be a nice addidtion

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

They should be packing it in and tanking for high draft picks

Pringles likes this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

We're all going to miss JJ but looking at the big picture....The Texans are still in good shape, if they can swing a trade for Leonard Williams FOR A #4 THIS YR OR POSSIBLY A FURTURE PICK. Don't go crazy O'B.

Most of our injured players will be returning after the Bye-Week and If the Texans win on Sunday, we are in great shape. Also, Leonard Williams is still young, so is Gareon Conley. I never thought I would say this but I think it's wise of B O'B to bring in young guys who didn't succeed with the previous teams. They are rebuilding the Defense on the fly.

pgabriel likes this.
  9. blackistan

blackistan Member

The way this organization runs I won’t be surprised if they give him an extension

10. Mr. Clutch

The season is over.

They should focus on keeping guys healthy and building for the future

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

It would cost a lot but yeah go for it.

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

Not by a long shot! If you look at their injuries, only Watt is out for the year! With Robie, Joseph and Gipson due back either before or after the bye, along with Conley and Johnson, our Defensive backfield will be a lot better.

Our Offense can put up 30 points a game. I think we can make the playoffs and anything can happen.

I don't think we have enough for Miller. It's going to take a #1 and something else.

red5rocket and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

And this, right here, is the thing that hurts the most.

This was not a squad that was a piece or two from a Superbowl... and yet we let BOB put everything on the credit card in the hopes of saving a job that he has long since deserved to be fired from.

A sliver of me is hoping we will get lucky and catch a down year in the AFC and maybe make a Superbowl, but that's such a pipedream.

The next 2-3 years are the "window" (which sadly I'd say is more of a keyhole than a window), but holy hell years 4-7 are going to be absolutely brutal.

#53 DonnyMost, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He should retire - he's had a HOF career already, the only thing left is more injuries and CTE.

Pringles, mtbrays and DonnyMost like this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well, he only played in the playoffs twice (two years, 1-1 both times). At some point if you're going to use the phrase "wasted prime", you have to say did they consistently make the playoffs and how far did they go, right?

17. conquistador#11

I like the wheelin and dealin' sweats wearin' son of gun that is GM O'brian.
    Not having the 22nd pick in the first round in 2020 and another late first rounder in 2021 isn't going to destroy the franchise. Texans received a franchise left tackle, penalties aside. Those go in the top 5 and still take 2 years to develop.

What can set back this franchise is tea pot bill just giving away talent due to personal vendettas or not firing the lame offensive coordinator who thinks Tom Brady is a system. Our Gm has to cut ties with that loser, preferably a play caller with no ties to NE. I believe too much thinking is causing those self inflicting O line penalties and stalling the offense in the early quarters.

Now I want our GM to go after Derek Wolfe, 4th plus a 5th rounder should get it done.

Feel so bad for Watt since he's all about the H

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Seriously, they've pushed their draft chips in on a 9/10 win team.

It's just consistent short sighted tail chasing with this franchise.

desihooper and Mr. Clutch like this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

And this was completely predictable by any person with an average IQ.

In fact I think both Rick and Gaine were fired because they disagreed with this "strategy."

Nook likes this.