1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jets interested in Bush?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by stevel, Apr 17, 2006.

1. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

According to eastcoastsportsnews.com, the NYJs are supposedly interested in possibly moving up to take Bush, here's the link, read the blurb for 4/14:

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

Since the Jets are switching to a 3-4, would you guys have any interest in trading our 1st for their 1st and the 29th plus Vilma?

2. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure all teams outside of the chargers(LT), seahawks(alexander), and possibly KC(Larry Johnson) are seriously interested in Bush.

But no, I wouldn't do that trade you are proposing.

3. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

The Texans should just take Bush and be done with it. I am intrigued with the offensive with A. Johnson, Moulds, Putzier, D. Davis and R. Bush. Both Davis and Bush could be used out of the backfield as a third receiver in motion.

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

The Jets aren't going to trade Vilma, forget it. I've seen #4, #29 and their second round pick for #1.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow, that would help fill a lot of holes......

DD

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You wouldn't trade the #1 for #4 + #29 + Vilma (Best LB in the NFL)?

Like 007 posted, the Jets aren't going to trade Vilma, but a package of the
    #4 + #29 + #35 picks is pretty good IMO, especially when you add in the #33 we have.

With these picks, you could get a combo of #4 (Mario, VY, D'Brick) + #29 (Jonathan Joseph, Lawson, Carpenter, Maroney, White) + #35 (Mangold, Moss, D'Qwell Jackson).

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

You left out the 33 you had just mentioned..so relaly that's 2 players of the last group you mentioned.

It'd be a hell of an offer to consider...and it makes sense. But after all this I have my heart set on Bush and that sickness..and the thought of the offense that could be. It's hard to fathom anything outside of a sure thing (i.e. Vilma) that would make me change my mind. Even then, it'd be a mind changing where I'd hafta do it, but still wouldn't really want to

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Since Bush's people said he would work out for the Jets "just in case," every paper in NYC and on the east coast has been speculating about the Jets trading with the Texans to get to number 1, but there is no way the Texans trade out of number 1 unless it is a MAJOR deal and the Jets aren't offering that.

The rumors started when one of the NYC papers combined Bush's visit with Casserly saying "we are looking at our options" in terms of a trade. Combine that into "the Jets are trading for Reggie Bush" and you sell papers.

In addition, if you go by the draft ranking system that awards points to picks (and most teams do), even if the Jets gave us their two first round picks AND their second round pick, it wouldn't be enough to equal the number one in terms of point values. They would still have to give up a good player or an additional pick and I can't see them doing that.

9. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

The only trade offer I would accept is the jets entire first day draft and their number 1 next year. For this year we would then have 2 number 1's and draft ferguson, 2 2nd rounders, and 3 3rd rounders. That's 7 possible starters/ 2nd stringers plus bargaining power for next year's draft to get adrian peterson who imo is as good if not better than reggie bush.

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Now that would be tempting.

I'd hit it.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the Jets make a good offer, trading to the #4 spot is the best thing we could do, in my opinion. At that spot, assuming Jets take Bush and Titans take one of either Young or Leinart, then we are guaranteed to have either Williams or D'Brick available at our spot...both guys that would seriously help this team...plus whatever else we get in trade. Sure, I'm getting more and more excited about Bush on this team...but I think I could get just as excited about Super Mario or D'Brick.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Pooper.

That trade would be great for us. As much as I would love to have Bush, having picks 4, 29, 33, 35, and the first 2 picks of the 3rd round...thats just a perfect recipe to get this team some quality players on both sides of the ball.

13. Major

Major Member

If this offer is on the table, you take it in a heartbeat, in my opinion. You get basically two bottom 1st / top 2nd round picks to drop <I>3 spots</I> in the draft. For a team that has holes everywhere, that's a major step forward. You take your defensive end or offensive tackle and start rebuilding your line, and you get two other quality players to fill major holes without having to spending ridiculous amounts in free agency, and without having the mess of a huge level of salary tied up in running backs.

14. JamesC

JamesC Member

I'd be let down if we came away with one of those two. I'm not taking anything away from them as football players, but like I've said before its Bush, Young or bust in my opinion. If they did make a trade they'd have to get Vilma or I wouldnt do it.

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I don't see how you can turn this trade proposal down seeing as though Houston needs help everywhere. I think a swap for the #4, #29, and #35 could certainly fill some huge gaps. Not to mention, Bob McNair favors Vince Young, and he'd most likely get his guy at #4.

#4. Vince Young, QB OR D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT
    #29. Ashton Youboty, CB
    #35. Tamba Hali, DE

Not to mention, the Texans already have #33, which could be used on OT, Eric Winston. Of course, this is all wishful thinking as Casserly would find some scrub from Midwest Applachian Tech that he proclaims the next Steal of the Century.

16. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

So is Vince Young going to be available at #4? If yes, I'd do it.

Sorry I am still a Vince Young believer.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The value chart I got has the value difference being roughly off by 0.3%. Recent Texan trade history doesn't show any more balanced trades. The TJ trade was about a plus 1-2% Texan advantage depending on how you treat inflation. The Babin trade was about a 10% advantage towards the Oilers.

18. rezdawg

Okay, now I would definitely do this deal after I looked at what we can get. I'd do something like this...

#4 D'Brick (OT)
    #29 Manny Lawson (OLB)
    #31 Ashton Youboty (CB)
    #33 D'Qwell Jackson or Abdul Hodge (MLB)
    #35 Davin Joseph or Deuce Lutui (OG)
    #65 Mathias Kiwanuka (DE)
    #66 Ko Simpson (FS)

Thats just nothing but a sh!tload of talent there. We make our OLine much, much better with the best tackle in the draft and the 2nd best OG in the draft. We compliment Dunta Robinson with Ashton Youboty. We get 2 solid linebackers. A defensive end that absolutely wreaks havoc during a pass rush. Also toss in the 2nd best safety in the draft class behind Michael Huff.

Wow, im drooling now. Thats unreal. :eek:

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Agreed, that's a badass draft. And each year, the day after the draft we all look at what we COULD HAVE drafted and what we ACTUALLY drafted, we're left scratching our heads. So, expect at least half, if not 3/4ths of those picks to be wasted on garbage.

20. rezdawg

True, I would be much more confident if Charlie wasnt back there thinking of a Div III player that recorded 18 sacks in 10 games.

However, the potential to do great things with those picks is too good to pass up. I would have to pull the trigger on that type of deal, if presented with it.