1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin says he's OK with being Rockets' 6th Man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

Of course every player would want to start, but giving honor to our current situation me being a offensive spark coming off the bench and a primary ball handler with the second unit, me coach and Beverley have all talked so at the end of the day we are just trying to do what’s right for the team - Jeremy Lin 10/28/13
    VIDEO LINK http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2013/10/28/ZOOM0001MOV-3022766/

6th man Confirmed
    First official time we can confirm it being a 6th man role (not just from people on CF) Good news for rockets fans, Lin fans & the team in general because not only are we deep this year but also we have a 6th man who has proven he can score and run an offense as a starter. This is a big luxury for the team to have this year!! It’s good that Lin accepts his role and has no complaints but I wouldn’t expect anything else coming Lin due to his character.

Team benefits
    Last year we had Delfino as our 6th man which he was only a three point shooter. This is an upgrade because not only can our 6th man score, attack the rim, increase fast break points, but he can also make other players better around him with his playmaking abilities. This may be just what the team needs to take them to that next level. Hopefully casspi can continue to fill the delfino role so its basically a ½ punch coming off the bench and we still have a rim protector and rebounder with Asik on the court!!! This will be a great season !!!

Apology
    I know it’s a lot of lin threads but most have been Bev vs Lin & Harden/Lin VS Harden/Bev, and different fans opinions and arguments. Some viewed it as a demotion, some 6th man, some felt like one player was better than the other so they should start. I made this one for CF to finally have a legitimate understanding of the coaching staff's expectations of LIN going forward into the and Rocket's 2013-2014 season. You can go to rockets.com and see Bev's interview where he stresses a defensive pressence on the court as his role.

Rocket's Proven 6th man :cool:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ts34fXuXzKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. pearlon

pearlon Member

As a Rockets fan and Lin fan, I like it. He can be to the Rockets what Ginobili was to the Spurs a few years ago.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Not really surprised

4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Having Beverley starting gives us the best chance to win.

Bevs defense against top scoring point guards is going to be crucial to our success.

Lin can't guard the Rose or Lilliard type PGs

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Now Lin can play the Harden/Manu role

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

J Lin will be in contention for 6th Man of the Year. I'm really looking forward to this season.

7. Mprice

Mprice Member

Not surprised, suits us best as well.

8. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Typical Lin, acts like a b**** and just takes it. Even worse hes like even suggesting it? U want to be team player, but Lin is almost too much not trying to get his.... He has a lack of swagger, and both his personality and his play on the court have caused this demotion even when he is quietly obviously a more talented basketball player than Beverley. And lol at acting like its just an accepted fact of life that it's the best move from a team standpoint. Patently untrue

9. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Neither can Beverley.

With that said, I'm fine with Lin as the 6th man.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

86 page thread coming. I think it's best for the team and Jeremy. He can dominate the ball with the 2nd team and Bev can let Harden dominate the ball on the 1st team while providing great defense and solid spot up shooting. I look for Lin to have some huge games going against second teamers and having free reign to dominate the ball and do his thing.

11. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Not confirmed. IBTL.
    [rquoter]McHale said he isn’t sure who will start in the season opener and he won’t make the final decision until that day.[/rquoter]

12. smr6

smr6 Member

Makes me feel even more confident about our bench. We had plenty of shooters on the bench, but no one who could really be a playmaker. Lin provides that better than Beverley. Beverley contributes defense and some spot up shooting, but I wasn't ever excited by his prospects with the ball in his hand.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Exactly, I think he can average numbers similar to what he put up last season except he'll do it more efficiently & in less minutes, and with higher defensive intensity.

13/6/3 off the bench is really good, and not many teams have the luxury of that kind of player as a 6th man.

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

McHale can't find ways to utilize Lin and Harden well together.
    Huge test for Bev to stand up to his name on that defense now.

15. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

Lin would light up the whole season and get traded as the new Harden in a different team. hahahahha

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Was coming to post in before some Lin fans meltdown... Too late

17. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Come on, bitter much?:rolleyes:

18. Play07

Play07 Member

LIN is basically the Back up SG and PG forgot to put that in the thread. So he will get minutes

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL. He is such a troll... always trolling LOFs. Sometimes I feel like he is surfing the forums and gets a kick out of the reactions by his trollin' actions.

[​IMG]

#19 Zboy, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like first team is all out defense, second team is all out offense with exceptions of course.