1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Joke's on us; we need him to be great to have a shot at the WCF.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Jeremy needs to find his confidence and hang on to it with both hands. He can be a tremendous help to this team if he plays with confidence. Those who want to blame the coaching staff, or other players for Jeremy's problems on the court are simply trying to find excuses. It's on Jeremy. He has to step up and play with that intelligence we know he has. The coaching staff wants to win. The players want to win. If Jeremy wants minutes, he has to be an asset when he's on the court, and he frequently isn't, not consistently.

Jeremy needs to step up and embrace his role. I'm rooting for him. I'll be glad when I don't have to yell at my TV because he made another "tour" under the basket and stepped out of bounds because, heck, there are some big dudes down there around the hoop, and not a lot of space to operate. I can't believe that the coaching staff wants him to do that. Drive and dish? Drive and score? Hell yes, but please stop the out of control voyages through the paint.

Jeremy Lin isn't a joke, but some of his "fans" and those who seem to live to criticize him ARE a joke. A bad joke, and I wish to god that they'd either shut up about him if they can't talk basketball, or get the heck out of Dodge. The GARM is about Rockets basketball, not a forum about the glories and peccadilloes of one Jeremy Lin, Houston Rocket point guard.

#5182 Deckard, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. davek

davek Member

Thanks for taking your time to express your opinion. :)
    So far IMO, JLin did an amazing job filling the 6th man role and starter role when was called upon. If the word, "EXTREMELY" or "AMAZING" bothers people in this forum...that's just sad from a fan perspective.

Feels like everyone in this forum is so focus on what he has done lately instead of what he has accomplished so far. :confused:

When he makes a bone headed play it gets magnified and becomes the focus of the game here. Yet when I watch the games I see that he helps preserve or extend the lead despite those bone headed plays majority of the time.

What bothers me the most about team is the way we keep losing large leads. I's definitely not the JLin line, IMO.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Eh...

1) His name is Beverley, not Beverly. Just like it's not Jerry Lin.

2) Beverley's strength isn't his offense. He's here for his energy, his defense, and to hit the open shot if it's there. Lin's strength IS his offense. He IS here to score points, in bunches. LOTS of them. When he doesn't do that, he's mostly worthless.

3) Salaries. Lin makes TEN TIMES what Beverley makes.

Patrick Beverley - $788,872
    Jeremy Lin - $8,374,646

Why would the minimum wage point guard receive the same criticism as the guy who makes TEN TIMES more than him? Seriously?

Did you hate to bring race into it when the Rockets gave Jeremy Lin $25 million?

1 person likes this.
  6. Jimmy Chitwood

This guy gets it

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

For those of you saying that take your beef with Lin fans who post the most despicable stuff elsewhere, you do realize that most of those same LOF's post here too but with a slightly toned down agenda.

And you cannot really follow a Jonathan Feigen or Jason Friedman twitter without the hordes of LOF's bashing them along with the entire Rockets organization - coaches, Harden, Bev, Morey, Clutchfans etc with all sorts of baseless conspiracy theories.

Now, I'm not advocating posting anti-Lin stuff just to get back at the LOF's or to rile them up but fact is this is always at the back of people's mind. They're actually disrespecting true members of our Rockets family in Feigen, Friedman etc.

Back to the topic - Lin is far from being a joke. Like I have always said he is a middling average to slightly below average PG in this league and has a lot to contribute to the Rockets off the bench provided he can be aggressive and stay mentally strong.

8. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

You just got troll baited :grin:

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stopped reading right there.

Jeff Green got pwned. Beverly can still do a lot of positive things on the court when his shot is not falling. You can't say the same about Lin esp when he's careless AF with the ball.

10. Exel

Exel Member

He played well during the win streak and is now playing poorly on this road trip. He'll turn it around sooner then later. With Hamilton playing the sg now for the second unit, hopefully he'll be more aggressive as the pg.

11. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

What's funny any those Lin fans on Twitter is their use of the players actual tags. I hope they realize they're hurting Lin if anything by doing that. Players read their timeline as you can tell by occasional responses to fans and RTs. Constantly attacking Rockets players and coaches with disgusting BS on behalf of Lin while tagging the players actual accounts on twitter is not smart. The players shouldn't blame Lin obviously, but I can imagine its hard to not at least get annoyed. These aren't fans upset at you after a bad game, but constant personal attacks in the name of defending their favorite player. I know Beverly has responded to one blaming him for Lins issues before deleting it. I can't imagine this hasn't been discussed in the Rockets locker room.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Great point made by an earlier poster, if Jlin's offensive game is off then he's absolutely no good to us. His defense is below par and sticks to screens like a refrigerator magnet. Rebounding is spotty. Turnovers are becoming annoying to say the least because they are unforced errors. Bounce passes across court, throwing bounce passes to Asik, jumping in the air to pass when not necessary.

LOF's please stop comparing Beverely to Jlin on the offensive end only, please add in all the other aspects of basketball (defense and rebounding, which win championships).

13. JeffGreen

JeffGreen Member

Beverly plays as defense as good as Harden lol. There are numerous example of PG getting shut down by Lin but go off when Beverly is guarding, this guy explains it all
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DmhiflKLgJ0?list=UU3moC83X04AoTPlIBVdXsCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Pestering defense' gives the perception of good defense but does not equate to good or even smart defense.

Lin's salary in comparison to Beverly reflect his value to the team. However, McFail does not believing that right now. All due to the few bad games he had while he was injured in the playoff last year. Lin started all games last season to led the team to 45 wins. What has Bev done?

Beverly would not be a starter on any other team if he was traded. Lin would be a starter on at least 20 teams in the league.

14. FeaR

FeaR Member

Hilarious :eek: , i can't stop laughing ... obvious trolling at his best

15. JeffGreen

JeffGreen Member

Watch the video I posted above, go to the 3 minute mark, Bev plays good defense is entirely a Myth.

16. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Are you serious, JLin shuts down a PG? Utterly HILARIOUS, sorry bro but just give up. Please tell me you are trolling, cause if you aren't then you really know little to nothing about sports or basketball in general. :rolleyes:

17. chandlerbang21

Lins so good that Mchale benched for most of second half. Atleast he got some garbage time PT

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Jesus christ are you delusional. Thanks for the humor btw.

19. JeffGreen

JeffGreen Member

I have watched every Rockets games this season can can objectively tell you that Beverly does not play better defense than Lin. Lin is 10 times the offensive player Beverly is and that's what it boils down to.

You argument lies entirely on the fact that Beverly only makes one-tenth of what Lin makes, and therefore he is allowed to play horribly.

20. davek

davek Member

Actually around the time the video was made JLin was shutting down not a PG but a few PGs. He literately was shutting them down big time, which was amazing to see!

They love to use the word energy guy for bev only because they can't statistically prove he's better than JLin. Not to take anything away from Bev...as I do love the bev and Lin line.