1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. davek

davek Member

OMG, can't believe you guys are rox fans. I consider myself a LOF but at least I'm not delusional.

He is playing 6th man role and doing it EXTREMELY well. Instead of rooting for him to be the 6th man of the year...you guys rather bash him for his recent off games with limited amount of min.

Even with the huge ass lead to one of the worst team yesterday, you guys wanted Lin to light it up?...add max pain to the Kings?? Seriously?? Have some humility.

If it was a relevant opponent that at least I'll understand...but c'mon now.

Tonight is a worthy opponent how about we root for him and hope mchale gives him the amount of min he needs and deserves.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Never seen somebody contradict themselves THAT fast in a post.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's playing the 6th man role EXTREMELY well? I thought you weren't delusional?

4. DreamEarlNolan

I feel the same way as you. The first month or so of the season Lin was one of the Rockets most consistent players. He was the teams best three point threat at that time, his left hand had greatly improved and he looked like he had turned a corner from last year. Since returning from early season injuries he isn't the same player. It's obvious he is healthy so that isn't the problem. Like many have said it seems to be his confidence.

5. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Every problem I have with Lin fans (not all, just some) can be pointed to the replies that Feigan got on his tweet last night about D-Mo getting upset with Lin. There were 3 of 4 guys who actually were telling everybody don't listen to Feigan because he was pushing anti-Lin propaganda just like Mchale, Morey, Harden, Howard. Everybody is against Lin. It's ridiculous that people actually think like this.

Now for basketball talk, he's in a rut, but we've seen this before, and hopefully he'll pull himself out. We absolutely will need him in the playoffs, so he better put on his big boy pants soon.

6. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

He's playing "EXTREMELY" well? And he played poorly against the Kings out of mercy and humility?
    What about the Suns? What's the excuse there? Hard to consider him playing well at all, while shooting under 40% the last 8 or so games, never mind "EXTREMELY." I hope Lin but Kevin McHale should regulate minutes based on play and need not what Lin's delusional fans think he deserves.

#5166 TheGM, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This post is so full of stupid. Lin has been playing like EXTREME ****. He looks completely lost out there. He should be sitting on the bench for that lackadaisical type of play.

8. davek

davek Member

To the beginning of the season to now yes he has done, "EXTREMELY" well.
    Do you not agree? If not I like to hear why? :)

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Having a few great performances and having 3X as many sh$%y ones doesn't qualify as "EXTREMELY" good for his role IMO.

What would make him EXTREMELY good for this 6th man role is reliability coming off the bench to at the very least not hurt the team with massive amounts of turnovers in a short period of time, and boneheaded plays.

Lin is EXTREMELY good at making things happen i'll give you that, but its always for better or for worse, and the reliability just isn't there which IMO is better in the long run than inconsistent play.

However there are a few games early in the season that the Rockets DO NOT win without Jeremy Lin.... I'll give you that as well. But the guy has played heavy minutes in nearly 200 NBA games by now, and with that many minutes logged you'd think the Rockets would have a little better idea if they can rely on him or not to produce consistently, and not come in and turn the game around in the wrong direction.

10. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

My first JLin post.

Thus far, being technically of Asian origin (actually South Asian) myself, I would be dishonest if I said that I did not give JLin the benefit of the doubt. I don't mind him missing shots--he is definitely a better shooter (eye test only) than our old “punching bag” (aka Rafer Alston) and he is extremely good at driving to the basket for layups.

However, I am at my wits end with Lin’s “YMCA level” point guard passing skills. At first, I was a bit frustrated with McHale for letting Harden bring up the ball, since I believe Lin needed the ball in his hands to be successful. However, now I am thinking the ball was taken out of his hands intentionally because he is a turnover machine! (I even saw Caspi scratching his head after one yesterday.)

I believe coach is trying to maximize his effectiveness by minimizing the time the ball stays in his hands.

My advice to Lin: Desperate times calls for desperate measures; therefore, it’s high time that you hire Austin Powers to locate your missing Mojo.

Lin is a great underdog story and I really, really want him to be successful!

11. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

Jeremy is just too damn Linconsistent. I can't believe we shelled out so much money for this fool. Lin will be playing in China in a few years.

1 person likes this.
  12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Jeremy Lin has regressed as a player. Why are we even arguing this anymore?

1 person likes this.
  13. Throttle

Throttle Member

Coz no other player in rox generates this much controversy & attention. Imagine a thread abt casspi or garcia sucking... it wouldnt go too far...

14. JeffGreen

JeffGreen Member

# of times Bev shot 40% or worse: 19 out 35 games
    # of times Lin shot 40% or worse: 15 out 47 games

Why the double standard? Why does Beverly gets a pass every time he shot 1 for 11 (that happened twice) Lin never shot worse than 1 for 6.

Hate to bring race out but It very obvious Bev gets benefit of doubt because of his skin color, kind of like how Asians get benefit of doubt when they do bad on one exam.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yep LOFs should GTFO clutchfans

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

For someone with his intellectual, he has a tough time translating that to the basketball court. He has trouble making the correct decisions, especially when the Rockets are pushing the ball & in crucial points of the game. He seems to want to make the spectacular pass & not the sure pass. I understand why McHale doesn't like playing him in the 4th quarter.

18. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Lin regressed significantly after the ASB. He must have wanted a trade really bad. The way he is playing right now is so ridiculous as if he has already checked out. His body language says it all

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not delusional? I'd say this post says otherwise

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I feel it is more on his attitude. Everyone saw he played well, and what did he get? He got moved OUT of starting line up. If I'm Lin, I would doubt really what this organization is doing. Does it matter if I play well or not? I play well, I get treated worse. I'm just glad Lin hasn't quit on the team yet like Asik did.

You guys should really compare this to Asik case. Asik quit on team and didn't play for 2 months and now he's come back and we're just so glad he finally plays. Imagine if Lin did the same thing, what would you be doing now? Probably thanking God Lin is being a professional and joining us for this championship run?

Am I the only one seeing Lin's frustrated? I think the benching really hurt his confidence and lead to a frustrating attitude. On one side, he wants to play for this team, on the other side, he's frustrated how he's being treated. Many people are blinded by Lin's Christian nature and forgetting he's actually really cocky. Just because he doesn't speak and act on it (like Asik) doesn't mean he's not bothered by it. And it really hurts his game when these things get to his head. I hope he buys in like Asik is showing (at least from the look of it), accepting his role and help us without having these mental issues.

#5180 AvgJoe, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014