1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think Lin may be looking at a likely 2yr/$8mil type deal in 2015. There's basically no market for PGs in the NBA. Most of the decent PGs currently are still in their primes. Add a few draft picks this year and next, and I sincerely doubt Lin gets a lot of buzz based on just production. I easily see teams prefer the Nate Robinson/Aaron Brooks type for minimum than Lin at 5-6mil.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

If game threads aren't suppose to have fans react to individual plays through pure emotion, what do you think it's for? Long dissertations filled with logic and long term thinking?

Ever checked out a game thread from before Lin's time in Houston?

3. Clarinetmonster

It occurred to me that the last time we saw this type of body language/play from Lin was right after PBev got back from his hand injury and Lin was put back on the bench. I think there is merit to the theory that he's feeling kinda hurt/unwanted right now after his team tried so hard to get rid of him. He'll eventually get over it and realize that although he may not have been wanted, he is needed.

4. lfw

lfw Rookie

4 pages today with a 30 point lead. lol

5. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Are you really going to say it with a straight face, there was EVER a single Rockets player (mind you) bashed this hard by Rockets fans in almost all threads, or even just half of that scale?

Clutch provides us with great search tool on his site. I would like to see a reference.

Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.
  6. jonstarks

jonstarks Member

I'd really like to see this stat with avg mins per/g and avg FGA per/g
    I feel like hes inconsistent cause he never gets a set role...1 week hes a starting PG, next week he's a starting 2 guard... next week he's getting less <25 mins off the bench as a swapping PG/SG.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Think about what you are complaining about here.

This site has around 50,000 members, of which 1000 are probably on at any given time.
    When a player makes a mistake, many members who are reading the game thread will want to comment. That only 15 or 20 comments on it out of the hundreds potentially in that thread means that only the most vocal out of this hundreds posted the things you don't like.

I do not think that having that many is out of line. In any given game thread prior to Lin, when a player made a boneheaded turnover, there would EASILY be many more negative comments posted. Lin is not special here...he screws up, he gets criticized...that is just how it works in online fan communities.

The quicker y'all get that thru your heads, the better for your sanity.

1 person likes this.
  8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I don’t actually think all Lin fans are disgusting, but maybe the poster I responded to shouldn't make sarcastic blanket statements about all of Clutchfans either when they have so many bad apples among themselves. Just tired of reading the same old crap about what a black sheep Jeremy is with our fan base every time someone criticizes him for his poor play. All real Rockets fans are rooting for Jeremy and it's just annoying how overly defensive LOF’s get about us simply expecting him to play better. We expect every Rocket to play better if they happen to be stinking it up, and the same goes for every fan base out there that wants to see their team succeed.

#5108 redhotrox, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  9. archinkent

archinkent Member

What about those troll baiting posts like the peanut oil post by XIrocket? Is that acceptable?

10. real_egal

A simple link would be so much more convincing:)

Let's be honest here - Lin is special, he's so special that even Clutch officially used the term LOF.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Rafer?
    JHo?
    Head?
    ANY of our stiff during the T-Mac/Yao era really?

The only reason there are less posts because you don't have quantity when everyone's in agreement.

Random Thread: "Rafer sucks!"
    Everyone else: "Indeed! When can we get a better PG?"

Take your own advice. When was the last time a fan actually blasted JVG or Adelman for "not using Rafer Alston correctly" or killing T-Ma for "not sharing the ball and allowing Rafer a chance to succeed" after a bad Rafer game?

12. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

If he couldn't get over this and focus on the game, then he is mentally weak.

I don't like his gestures on the bench nor on the court. He seemed uninterested at all.

I remember he once said that he would go the video sessions with coaches after each game (even during half time break) to find out the flaws of his game, that's from an interview in his Knicks days. I wonder if Rockets F.O. would do the same to their players or not but I think he needs a wake up call, the sooner the better.

13. archinkent

archinkent Member

lol Rafer did actually sucked though. Nothing worse than a chucker who can't shoot.

14. real_egal

Now you are "justifying" the over-excessive bashing, instead of proving your point of non-existing over-excessive bashing.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Um. Wut.

Probably because the topic is about Jeremy Lin :confused:

16. Clarinetmonster

Lin is pretty special - he's basically a trailblazer (not POR) in this sport as an Asian-American, and thus receives an inordinate amount of attention from both fans and critics. Just the way it is and will continue to be.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Luther Head. A 2 guard that we often used at the 1 who was worse at dribbling than even Lin. The expression went 'so easy even Luther Head can do it'

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=147687
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=147931
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=158914
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=158435

#5117 tallanvor, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Remember how much people loved Garcia last season and early on this season?

Now nobody even wants him on the court anymore.

You perform poorly, and people criticize you, some even go overboard.

That's the internet. Case in point, read any of the game threads early on in the season when Harden was struggling.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Go find it.

Don't bother, you won't.

We take care of things. You don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Don't play stupid. You were here last time a *OF term was used here. You were one.

You know damn good and well what is happening here.