1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. arjun

arjun Member

I think it's clear we can't count on Jeremy Lin being our 6th man. Your 6th man should be one of the most consistent players, his job is to come in, change the pace and score.

Lin shows signs of doing that at times, but then plays like a scrub for weeks at a time.

He is not a Crawford, Ginobili, type of 6th man.

2. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Eye test? Learn some stats. He is below average now but worse than d league guys?

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Lin's been very up and down this yr. When he's hot, he's hot. When he's not, well...

Started the season great, then got injured, came back and sucked, then started rocking it hard again, now lately a bit more sucking. I mean, we sort of should expect this by now -- kneejerk reaction threads are so pointless...

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dude is not playing with any confidence or aggressiveness.

5. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

6th man means you are inconsistent that's why you are on the bench so that your inconsistency won't drag down the whole team. So no, 6th man should not be one of the most consistent player.

Jeremy Lin has been a huge disappointment. His mentality might not be suited for NBA

6. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

How is this thread still alive? Lin contributed a lot to this team last year and this year. A string of bad games and Bev actually scoring decent and suddenly the haters come out like clockwork.

[​IMG]

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

hmmm someone couldn't sleep last night? Hope didn't take you long to dig this old one up...

8. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

yes. because no players has ever gone through cold stretches before. kneejerk reaction anyone?

9. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The Rockets had been around the 9th seed for three years with both Dragic (two years) and Lowry on the team. They were not as good as they are now.

The FO had to make a decision between blowing out the team and gradually changing the roster, and trusting Morey, they decided to start afresh with just a few promising rookies.

And lol they were able to give us a new and young team that have brought us so much happy surprises and excitement in the first year, and now even WCF aspirations in the second year after they decided to let Dragic, Lowry and almost every one else go.

As a Rockets fan, I like what I am seeing right now much much better than three years ago.

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yes McHale started a guy because of his defense, and no he actually can score a few points and dish out a few assists, not to mention grab a few boards too.

11. rocketblood713

Did Lin play that bad i didnt even notice I was too sloppy last night only thing I remeber was Rockets making a run at the end PB's clutch 3

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Disagree somewhat. The reason he is a 6th man is that he's very inconsistent. He's going to have really good stretches and really bad ones. Once you ignore the LOFs telling you he's a possible "HOF'er" and the other side telling you he doesn't belong in the NBA you see him for what he is; a combo guard who is solid coming off the bench.

I agree with this. The ceiling people project isn;t there outside of him becoming a better shooter. He isnt as talented as those two but he can still help the team

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Linconsistency? I like Lin, but sometimes he looks like Tony Parker, and other times he looks like Rafer without the left hand.

14. Clarinetmonster

I was trying to figure out why this particular game has caused such a stir in the GARM and brought out all the hate - then I looked at Lin's game logs. This is only the second time this season Lin has failed to break double digits in 3 consecutive games - the other time was right off injury I believe. Cmon Jeremy, get out of this funk!

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

What's your definition of "alot"?

16. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

lol @ this thread being bumped.

i think its just kinda funny the LOFs were betting their ass and dog that this was going to be his breakout season.

i mean i hope he does well for the sake of the team and can def help us out in the playoffs, i just hope in the offseason we do everything we can to ship him off to another team.

17. jdhu

jdhu Member

Agreed. Maybe it's the short leash, not starting, who knows. He is not taking some of the open shots that are available to him.

He does make some nice, intelligent passes, but he is a decent shooter. If he has an open shot, he should take it.

18. Clarinetmonster

Maybe we should start a new thread called 'Knee Jerk Reactions are a Joke!'- I did not watch the game, but I was following the game thread for awhile and there was a period there where multiple people were saying things like Bev Sucks! or Bev is trash! Take Bev out of the Game! etc. when we lost the lead in the second half (these were not LOF's by the way) - and here we are trashing Lin the next day because he didn't shoot well and Beverley is the GOAT. Some of you guys take the knee jerk thing to a whole new level of crazy. Carry on.

19. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Lin has been bad the last couple of games and I wonder if the trade deadline activity had something to do with it. I think Zac Lowe had mentioned that Morey was on the phone the entire day of the deadline trying to trade him. That can't sit well with Lin. The last two games I thought he was overpassing and going for far too many "home run" type passes that ended in turnovers. It's almost like he's decided his scoring doesn't matter anymore.

In any event, he's a large expiring next year. I would assume we'd only trade him before the deadline next year for expiring money.

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

There is always a process needed for things to evolve. I'd bet Morey knew damn well that without Lin, Martin, Parsons and Asik in the preseason, Harden would not come to the Rockets since there were many other team's trying to get him.

And later without Harden, Lin, Parsons and Asik, plus the good winning record from the last season and championship potential, we would not have been able to convince Dwight Howard to come to Houston.

So let's not dismiss the contracts of Lin and Asik as bad ones yet, I'd bet Morey knew they would be good ones even if both of them stay until their expiration since both of them would continue to get better. For deeper analysis, there are already many threads on the GARM.

We would not have gotten this far in two years without both Lin and Asik. This was why I had believed that Morey would not trade them by the deadline. If he really wanted to trade them, he just needed to lower their prices. Yet he didn't. Does that tell us something?