1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He started the season GREAT. and Lately he has been looking like ASS, worse than a d-leaguer with the eye test.

I really hope he gets his **** together. He is being paid a butload of money to do something he loves.

2. Stats

Stats Member

Holy crap, when I left this thread was 5 pages...

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He has been so bad the last couple of games.

Those long-court passes he tries to make will be the death of me. You are not Magic. Just quit it.

4. pakattak

pakattak Member

I swear to ****ing GOD you people have the shortest memory.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lin is such a streaky player

this thread will get bumped forever because he goes on incredible god streaks and then shets the best for like 5 games in a row after that.

6. pakattak

pakattak Member

I know right? At least be glad the Rockets don't go as Lin goes. That's a deep team.

Also, STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT DRAGIC. It was a good decision to deny him the player option then, it's still a good decision now.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ok.

Hell no it wasn't a good idea. You can make the point that we should stop talking about it, but the whole point of hindsight being 20/20 is that the Dragic move is probably the biggest blunder Morey has made.

8. Baruch

Baruch Member

I'm actually expecting someone to come up with a creative excuse and bring up this thread once again whenever Lin has a bad game :grin:

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It was a debatable decision not to sign Goran - the only reason was to allow the team to tank and get a higher draft pick - because Goran would have kept them in mediocrity and around the 9th seed.

DD

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's kinda true

Although when we had Lin, Martin, Parsons and Asik in the preseason, I thought we would probably end up in the 9th seed anyway

11. Baruch

Baruch Member

Morrey knows it all :grin:

12. FeaR

FeaR Member

I was going to post the same ... I know we always try to push the tempo and score in the transition but those long passes are so risky.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not a joke but like I have always said an average to below average middling PG at best who is turnover prone, very inconsistent, has a low basketball IQ and seems to be mentally weak.

He still has a lot to offer as a bench player esp now that Brooks is gone but he needs to get into an aggressive mode.

14. davek

davek Member

Lin had an off night yesterday and ONLY played like 20 min. He somehow managed to get 6-7 assist if i recall. Thats not bad for someone who only played extreme limited min.
    If i remember correctly the lead was push when JLin was on the floor and somehow the team broke down when he sat down or when harden returned. Can't recall exactly...Now everyone busting his balls for the limited min he played?
    JLin is an over qualified 6th man...he's been able to push or maintain our lead. How many times did we lose large lead when he's benched or when harden comes back off the bench with or with him. I'm tired of seeing our large lead get busted with poor defense and iso plays.
    Was it exciting and intense to see us win in close games? Yes, but that shouldn't have happened in the 1st place. If Bev didn't hit that shot...I'm sure everyone will be ripping on Harden. JLin need to be given consistent min to close our games especially when we have large lead. As much as I love Harden he's only a liability when we're on top with a large lead.

15. Baruch

Baruch Member

I will hold my tongue and see if he explodes the moment he leaves Rockets :grin:

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

but thats hindsight - the Lin/Dragic deals were done before the Harden trade and of course the Howard signing

Morey was still looking for that foundation piece - as great as Goran is - he isnt that foundation piece and giving player option is not something Morey likes to do since it hurts the franchise if its not a clear cut foundation player than it needs to be for a small amount. Way too many times have teams become victims to player options when the player has either crapped out or injuries.

2015 was Goran's PO and thats the summer of some other really big FAs - Morey's goal of trying to get one of those players would have been greatly hindered if Goran did not play up to his contract and then how furious would the fans be if the reason why the Rockets didnt have the space to sign a stud FA like Kevin Love was because of the player option Goran had?

I am positive if it was a team option - Goran would have been resigned OR if the Harden trade happened prior to Goran's signing or Lin's signing -- he would have stayed even with the player option because at this point the focus has changed to win now - not to get the players to win and then win now.

It sucks it happen to go down in that manner but he have Harden we have Howard - Lin can be an excellent 6th man for this team if he wasnt so emotionally volatile.

His confidence is the biggest barometer of his play. Honestly after all the rumors of the trade and all and with the deadline passing I thought his confidence would be higher and he would play better but if anything its gone down - as if he wanted to be traded and is unhappy with his role in Houston.

If anything the table has flipped - after the deadline Asik has now come in and done his job and is trying to go about it the best way possible to set himself up for a deal over the summer - Lin not as much --- granted its only been 3 games but its beyond noticeable in those 3 games how bad he has played from the bad turnovers to just poor decision making. He isnt running the offense or looking to score and attack the way he was earlier in the season.

I mean the sign of a good player is the ability to adapt to various roles to help his team win - thats why Van Gundy said finding guys like Shane Battier who will go from being a SG to a PF is just as hard to find as your all-stars. I mean even Harden - the guy was a top 3 pick and was regulated to the bench his first 3 years in OKC - I am sure that did not sit well at all with him but he still played at a super high level and won the 6th man of the year award. I had hopes that Lin would have been in the conversation for that award this year but it appears that he wont be due to the inconsistencies in his performance.

1 person likes this.
  17. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Look here piss blowing whicever direction the wind blows, Lin is our 6th man. We just need him to spark us and he does that well. Is he streaky? does he make bad passes now and then? Yeah, that is why he is our 6th man and not our starter.

18. Baruch

Baruch Member

Too much sense for clutchfans to comprehend :grin:

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Wow this thread still exist lol

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I was afraid this was going to happen to Lin after the All-Star Break. He had it rolling big time in the games leading up to the break, and when a streaky player like Lin has to take some time off (as well as listen to every trade rumor under the sun), it affects his rhythm. I'm hoping that because the trade deadline has passed, and we are now in the home stretch, he will progress back to the form he was in before the ASG, and become the bench scorer we sorely lack for the playoffs.