1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jenna Busted AGAIN!!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mc mark, May 30, 2001.

1. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

i thought it was sheep
    baaaaaaaaah baaaaaaah baaaaaaaaaaaah

------------------
    i am my own worst enemy!

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Nobody said anything about being reputable, just funny!

I've always found him funny!

------------------
    Everything you do, effects everything that is.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If you had a tape like that, you wouldn't release it?

------------------

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Jenna Bush is stupid. You have to choose your drinking places more carefully when your a minor. Using someone elses ID is not wise.

Oh hell...what do I know? I had 3 MIPs between the ages of 18 and 21. I've been nabbed by TABC in the back yard of a party when it got raided. I got stopped in a car that pulled up to a party and my friends had beer(doesn't matter as everyone was ticketed). TABC again(bastards). I got busted in a park after hours with a stupid friend who I pleaded with not to go into the park. He did and we got busted.

But, never did I get cited twice within 2 weeks. She should be in jail. At this pace, she will have several more. She's in college and she wants to party. Understandable. But, pick your place and be careful. Notice how I never got busted at a bar or restaurant [​IMG].

She is under the watchful eye of the public when she is out. I think that restaraunt manager is a big a-hole for calling the cops. Just deny her service and let her go. He probably called the cops because he knew who she was. A pretty anal store employee if you ask me.

Surf

------------------

5. mc mark

It just gets better...

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THUS MAY 31, 2001 11:51:09 ET XXXXX

FRAT HOUSE TAPE: BUSH DAUGHTER 'FEELING NO PAIN'

Collegemates of Jenna Bush are claiming to have made a homevideo of the president's daughter in a drunken state -- and students are now threatening to publicly release the tape!

"It was a wild night, and she was feeling no pain," said a campus source.

Jenna Bush, 19, was unknowingly captured on tape last month during a rowdy party attended by students of the University of Texas, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"If the tape finds its way into the wrong hands, the White House is going to turn every shade of red," predicted one student who demanded anonymity. "Jenna should get the message, and get it fast, there are a few troublemakers on campus who are rooting for her to fall on her face. She is making it too easy for them."

Meanwhile, Secret Service agents guarding the first family have been ordered not to directly interfere with President Bush's daughters, according to insiders, unless their direct safety is at risk.

"Their father promised they could lead as much of a normal life as possible," a family source told the DRUDGE REPORT.

Agents had been waiting outside of an Austin Tex-Mex restaurant Tuesday night when Jenna allegedly tried to buy margaritas using a fake ID.

"The agents were driving," said the family source. "There was no drinking and driving concerns."

The run in with the law comes less than two weeks after Ms. Bush pleaded no contest to charges of underage drinking.

Now Bush may come within one strike of being sent to jail for six months under the three-strikes-and you're-out law that her father implemented as Texas governor.

------------------

6. mc mark

Politics: Texas law signed by Bush has daughters in trouble

By CONNIE MABIN, Associated Press

AUSTIN, Texas (June 1, 2001 07:16 a.m. EDT) - President Bush himself signed the Texas' zero-tolerance
    underage drinking law that now has his 19-year-old twin daughters in trouble.

Austin police on Thursday cited Jenna and Barbara Bush for violating state alcoholic beverage laws. It would be

Jenna's second offense, following a no contest plea two weeks earlier, and Barbara's first. Their father, then governor, signed the law in 1997 after the federal government threatened to withhold highway funding from states unless they adopted "zero-tolerance" underage drunken driving laws.

The 1997 law strengthened the state's alcohol code by creating a separate offense with stiff penalties for people under 21 caught with alcohol or trying to get it.

A first offense can mean a 30-day driver's license suspension, a $500 fine, alcohol awareness classes and community service. Jenna Bush was ordered to attend the classes and perform community service after pleading no contest two weeks ago to charges of underage drinking at a nightclub.

A second conviction can lead to a 90-day driver's license suspension, and a third conviction can result in six months in jail.

The law has resulted in a crackdown on underage drinking across the state, particularly near universities, said Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Sgt. Randy Motz.

Jenna Bush attends the University of Texas in Austin. Her sister was visiting from New Haven, Conn., where she attends Yale University.

Police didn't issue a citation when they talked to the twins Tuesday night after being called to a restaurant about reports of minors trying to buy alcohol.

Officials said they were told Jenna Bush had tried to order a margarita using someone else's identification. She wasn't served. But witnesses said Barbara Bush and a 19-year-old friend, Jesse Day-Wickham, were served margaritas.

Assistant Police Chief Jimmy Chapman said he did not know what Barbara Bush and Day-Wickham had used for identification. The ID Jenna Bush allegedly used was confiscated and charges could follow, he said.

Barbara Bush and Day-Wickman were cited Thursday for being minors in possession of alcohol, and Jenna was cited for attempting to buy alcohol with a false identification. The twins signed the citations at their lawyers' office Thursday.

"We treat it just like it was a 19-year-old with the last name of Smith," Chapman said. "We did what we do with everyone else."

Police wouldn't say where Secret Service agents were at the time. The Secret Service wouldn't comment. "Both daughters are private citizens and this is a private family matter," said Noelia Rodriguez, a spokeswoman for first lady Laura Bush.

The twins are scheduled to see their parents and grandparents this weekend at Camp David.

------------------

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

[/quote]A traffic ticket is the same level of offense as this fake ID charge, apparently).[/quote]

It wasn't a fake ID ...

[/quote]Officials said they were told Jenna Bush had tried to order a margarita using someone else's identification. [/quote]

I think these laws are silly. Im all for more strick laws regarding drunk driving, bu t these are teenagers, what do you expect?

------------------
    If Bill Gates had a dime for every time Windows crashed...
    Oh, Wait!! He Does!

8. Major

Major Member

I think these laws are silly. Im all for more strick laws regarding drunk driving, bu t these are teenagers, what do you expect?

Yeah, we should expect it and just look the way. Teach them that there are no consequences to trying to break the law. [​IMG]

------------------
    http://www.swirve.com ... more fun than a barrel full of monkeys and midgets.

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You have to read the Austin American Statesmen version.

They interviewed the manager that called 911. After serving alcohol to the table, the waiteress and the bartender noticed that one of them of the president's daughter. They notified the manager who asked to see Jenna's ID which turned to be a fake. She called 911. Police arrived just as they were leaving. The responding officer asked the manager something like 'what do you want me to do?' The manager was offended that the officer wanted her to turn the other way [​IMG]

------------------

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

How did the manager justify that it deserved 911 status (emergency response)? The police officer was probably peeved that it was dispatched as an emergency.

If police were dispatched to just 1/4 of the attempts to make an underage purchase of tobacco or alcoholic beverages, they would have very little time for anything else.

Mango

------------------
    Get it right or just don't do it!
    Resistance is futile....you will be assimilated.
    Start more Webber threads!

11. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Mango,

When we don't walk past 10 cop cars parked at movie sets...

When we don't get stopped by 15 cop cars in an illegal random drug search setup in the canyons...

When cops aren't out dedicated to harrassing little skateboarders...

Then we can worry about wasting a police officer's precious time. [​IMG]

(I personally wouldn't have called 911 if I were the manager, but I'm sure the manager has also gotten flack for serving kids under age before, and was anxious to call the cops on it)

------------------
    You're a fine woman, why don't you mock that draft up

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited June 01, 2001).]

12. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

The whole 911 thing is pretty ridiculous. Chuy's should be fined for abusing that service and not actually having an emergency.

THAT is ridiculous.

Tying up the 911 line when there are REAL emergencies out there.

The fact that she got busted doesn't bother me or that it was reported... It was the poor judgement used by the Chuy's management.

rH

------------------
    visit: The Psychedelic Groove House of Rockets Basketball Love!

13. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

yeah mango that cop sitting there at westheimer and shepard catching people for illegal left turns is important as well...

------------------
    "no matter how good she looks someone... somewhere..is tired of her sh*t"

14. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Those of you who are up in arms about the use of 911, a question:

How many of you have had to call the Austin Police before?

I had to, in 1996, when my car was towed after I'd accidentally parked it illegally at my apartment complex. I thought it was stolen (I had no idea I'd parked illegally and as such, didn't think it would have been towed).

I looked in the phone book, found the PD's number, and called...

...and was told to call 911.

Seriously. It wasn't an emergency-- but that didn't matter. I was told to call 911 to report the "theft".

I think the Chuy's manager is probably a mealy-mouthed Gore-supporting prick who saw an opportunity to try to embarass President Bush by narcing his daughters-- but he or she called 911 because that's what you are supposed to do.

15. Mango

Achebe,

I am not arguing the pros or cons of the Bush daughters and what they did. I am only discussing the 911 call and the law enforcement action.

I know somebody that works in dispatch in the Houston area and I get to hear about all of the 911 calls that aren't emergencies.

Some of the members of the Bush party were cited for being MIP. Were the members of the restaurant staff given citations for serving them? If not, why? The Chuy's on-premises permit is/was at risk in this affair and enough underage incidents looks bad to the TABC. An on-premises permit allows the establishment to serve alcohol for consumption there. An off-premises permit does not allow the consumption of alcohol in the store or even its parking lot and that is why stores will have it posted as such in the parking lot. The police will ask you to move elsewhere if they see you drinking in the parking lot of a store that has only an off-premises permit. Agree to move and the police don't bother you. If TABC was giving out tickets/citations to the Bush party, then they likely would have cited the restaurant and/or its staff. Did the manager take that into consideration?

As far as canyons and movie sets in Houston, can't say that I have seen much of that. [​IMG]

Mango

------------------

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

So who is to blame...the "mealy-mouthed Gore-supporting Chuy's manager-prick"...

Or Bush's daughters, obviously stupid enough to try to buy liquor underage despite every bar manager and liquor store owner in the country knowing exactly what they look like and how old they are.

Our "President" needs to give 'em a good whuppin or a tongue-lashing. You know...treat 'em like they were a Senator from Vermont or something. Bully 'em! Maybe they'll switch parties also! [​IMG]

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

17. Mango

Brian,

Fishing again?

Mango

------------------

18. Beto_Lluvioso

Beto_Lluvioso Member

Although I like President Bush and the job he is doing, and I think that J. Bush's problems should NOT be reported in the press...

if I were the manager at Chuy's, I would have dialed 911 as quickly as possible. In Texas, bartenders and bar managers are criminally liable if underage drinkers go out and kill themselves or others while driving drunk.

Picture this scenario- Jenna leaves Chuy's and kills a family of four because she has just downed 5 margaritas. The cops and the Bush family will need a scapegoat! Who better than the asst. manager at Chuy's who probably is making 25k a year working his/her way through graduate school?

Bravo to the Chuy's manager for being smart enough to cover his/her behind.

------------------
    I hate rice and beans!

19. Major

Major Member

Rocketman95, did you turn the other cheek or call the police when you saw a person obviously breaking the law by J-walking?

Did I miss something? Did someone jaywalk in your house, RM95??!?!

------------------
    http://www.swirve.com ... more fun than a barrel full of monkeys and midgets.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Pretty poor analogy.

Get this straight, I would turn anyone in for illegal activities if it is my responsibility and I can get in trouble for not doing it. If you can rack your brain for a situation I would be in where not reporting a jaywalker could result in my being fined or jailed, then let's hear it.

------------------
    www.swirve.com
    "Pre-born, you're fine, pre-school, you're f*****."-George Carlin