1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Bzdelik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Jan 7, 2018.

1. dwhite

dwhite Member

While I am sure that it is tough to be a defensive coordinator without the almighty Luc and no legitimate big man other than toothpick Capela....Bzdelik’s results thus far have been lackluster. Layup drills on a nightly basis to cruddy teams (usually coming off back to backs) is not inspiring for the upcoming playoffs. His NBA coaching record is 73-119 and his college record is 160-179. While he may be adaquate, we certainly do not have an elite coach who is transforming our defense to another level. Players look lost on switching assignments and there appears to be a general lack of effort (with the exception of CP3) from the players.

napalm06 and BigShasta like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

would love to replace him with fizdale, who would also serve as a prime recruiter for lebron

EightDoobies and Cstyle42 like this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That would be perfect

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I bet he would'nt mind being part of something special! I think he would enjoy being part of a downtown HTown parade!

Get'r done Marley!!!

napalm06, Jayzers_100 and kjayp like this.
  5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

@J.R.
    Jeff Biglydick

Pen15clubber and J.R. like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

If the defense isn't any good, it's his fault. - Mike Anthony :D

So Jeff Biglydik wasn't a problem earlier in the season (when the defense was good) but now he's problem?

Mike Anthony is your head coach. Temper your expectations!

Blame the players(lack of effort/communication as OP said), then Mike, then Jeff.

I'm not ready to throw Jeff under the bus yet (unless you throw Mike under the bus with him).

7. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

Top 5 defense with luc...wait till he gets back.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tired legs

D-rock and RyanB like this.
  9. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Absolutely agree! Fizdale likely wants more though. The offense is fine although needs more unpredictability. The defense is clearly the issue. Players some of the problem, attention to detail a much bigger issue.

10. dwhite

dwhite Member

Agree as well on Fizdale!!!

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Whatever @dwhite says I assume is the truf. Gospel on god dwhite my homie till I die

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So far? Lately, sure. But so far? For most of the season they've been a top 5 defensive team.

13. rocketseagles07

All facts... Jeff can talk till he’s blue in the face doesn’t mean the guys will execute. Thibs was a “defensive mastermind” until he had to babysit kat who can’t guard a pick and roll and Wiggins who decides when he gets to the arena whether he’s in the mood to defend or not

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Doing as good of a job as he can at the moment. Injuries have hurt our defence and not having a settled team is the result of it

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Better defensive minded players always helps. Add Liggins on 10 day and let's see if D improves.