1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Bzdelik Retiring

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Sep 16, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Honestly who cares, he's a assistant coach and he's gone. It's a star players league more than ever. Just ask Pop who by all accounts is one of the greatest yet he's been playoff fodder since Duncan and the rest aged or left. Even the greatest coaches can't get it done without star players so again who cares.

Also "not ideal" in quotes is exactly the type of out of context snippet the media strives for. That **** is so predictable and annoying. :rolleyes:

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah, when your team is no longer prioritizing defense, who cares right. losing the coach that put the system in place to turn the defense around and become elite is no big deal. the one that proved to generate the most success to become an actual nba champ. who cares

alethios and Nook like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I care, That's why I posted it. If you don't care, that is your right. But not everyone thinks like you. Feel free to move onto another thread.

donkeypunch and Ziggy like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I too care.

5. ipaman

that's funny, didn't know we won a chip with bzdelik. my bad. when's the parade?

i don't care that's why i posted. at best it's off-season fodder for hungry cowards. is that the dinner bell i hear... better get going to satisfy your hunger. me? no thanks, not hungry.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

At least we still have greasy Keith

Invisible Fan and hakeem94 like this.
  7. ipaman

Who is way more important than Bzdelik. Dude is viewed as a perk when it comes to FA.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what's funny is how you took it. my bad, didn't know you were that slow but then again "who cares"

Nook likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

if you are not hungry. Don't eat. If the subject does not appeal to you, then move along. Why take time to tell people you don't care and post things like "who cares."

People do. I, for one, do.

#249 Deuce, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  10. ipaman

just trying to help my fellow cf'ers get sports and entertainment woke. stay slept friends.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why don't you tell us the real reason you're taking this position so hard?
    A. You disliked Bzdelik so much that you now need to persuade others to also believe so
    B. Work is extremely boring today

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We don't need your help. Everyone can make their own decisions.

craguin likes this.
  13. ipaman

C. It's Friday and despite the weather forecast it should be a banging weekend. That said, I feel sorry for the cowards. They might not realize it but life is good even when you lose an elderly assistant coach.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sig worthy!

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Iko didn't know or say anything certain. Biglydick gave all the signs of returning, told him right after the Bahamas trip that he was excited about the season, and then he just quit at a wierd time.

Then the article flashes back to his rookie coaching year at Denver where he tried to coax Mello into being a better and more efficient player, showing him tape and giving out harsh yet constructive criticism to the rookie.

So the meat of the article is that could this really be a Carmelo Anthony thread? Jeff wasn't among the group that greeted him at the summer league.

Then the last paragraph says, that was a decade ago so who knows? Maybe it is family?

PS if you download the Athletic app, you get three free articles a month. They actually have a lot of articles but it might be gossipy like this for padding. Good luck to them for starting up something different from BSPN.

#255 Invisible Fan, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Deuce likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Just to add on; below was basically the meat of the article, the rest is just Iko speculating about a possible rift between Carmelo and Bzdelik from over a decade ago

GermanRoxFan and Deuce like this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We didn't prioritize defense because Bigly, we hired Bigly because we prioritized defense.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

i guess you missed the sarcasm

rockbox likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance