1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz forum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheReasonSF3, Feb 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Fear not....there's like 10 people logged in over there, three were Rockets fans.

I don't think we'll see much action over there. I wonder if the server hiccupped with that spike in bandwidth when DaDakota, BGM, and I were logged in!?

2. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. Their message board isn't anything like CC.net.

3. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

That's funny!!!! :D

4. HighPost

HighPost Member

All I can say is what team is going to the Playoffs for the 18th straight time? Hmmmm, Jazz.

What team will miss the playoffs this year, again? Hmmmm, the Rockets.

Hey the Jazz flop, but so does half the league, what's your point? I watched an old LA game the other day. Micheal Coopper was great at it. I think he was defensive player of the year too.

Maybe if some Rocket players flopped a little they would be in the playoffs also. Sac and Wolves have some great floppers and they are both in the playoffs.

I love it when Russell just falls to the ground and the ref calls a foul. At least I will be watching the Jazz in May and you guys wont be watching the Rockets in May.

Have fun talking about where you guys will be in the lottery.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like NUTTY and the 6 Jazzholes there continue to spout the same rhetoric, but what do you expect from a fan who tried to edit <b>someone else's post</b> here on the BBS, was given a "You do not have permission to access this page" message and has been screaming to anyone that will listen ever since that he was banned from clutchcity.net. LOL! That's intelligence for you. :)

HighPost -- ever ended a playoff season with a <b>win</b>?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

High Post,

The difference is that the Rockets are on the way up, and the Jazz are on the way down.

DD

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

HighPost:
    How do you know they're making the playoffs this year? And the reason why the Rockets aren't is because Francis has missed 20 games. With Francis the Rockets are better than the Jazz. The Jazz are only .5 games ahead of the Suns, who are the 8th seeds, and are only 1 game ahead of the Sonics who are 9th.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Not only is that one ugly message board, it is a pain in the ass to register. I better not start getting tons of junk mail!!

9. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. EZ Board is a pain.

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

11. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

LOL. :D It's okay. Don't cry. ;)

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Great post flopper. I think it's pretty damn funny that you can be proud of a team that plays a cheating style of basketball. Taking a charge and falling is one thing, but barely getting touched on the arm when a man goes by you and wildly falling out of control is simply absurd and totally pathetic basketball. The sun has been shining on your dogs ass for years, but face it, the sun is setting faster than a Jazz player can flop! BTW, get used to that spot in the standing because I guarantee the Jazz are going no higher and could very well fall out of the playoffs.

13. HighPost

HighPost Member

No one on this board made me cry. The Rockets team and Beniot made me cry. Utah had the second best record in the league that year but was a 3rd seed because SA had they best record and the Pac conf. got the second seed. Utah had home court against all teams but SA and Utah was owning SA that year. The only team that could have beat Utah that year was Houston and they did. So unless one of you guys suited up for that game, you did not make me cry. I could not watch the playoffs the rest of that year. I was very upset.

14. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Gawd, who the heck cries after thier team loses a basketball game? You cry when someone close to you dies...You cry when your children are born...You cry at your wedding (although not all guys cry for the same reason at their wedding)...You don't cry after a sporting event...

Bunch of pansies...

15. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

The Jazz are a team full of Reggie Millers!:D

16. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

sniff sniff :rolleyes:

I am sorry that you were very upset. The wittle Jazzy Wazzy didn't make it past Houston that year.

Give me your address and I'll mail you some tissue.

BTW: When I said "we" I meant the Houston Rockets. :p

17. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

HighPost. Can you just answer this one simple question? What do you think about the Jazz being the biggest cheating floppers in the NBA?

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

...and the refs falling for their thug tactics, not just every now and again, but for years?

Now your question is complete.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

HighPost:

Did you cry when Kenyon Martin took out Karl Mamoan earlier this year?

I will cry...tears of joy when he and Flopton retire without a ring!:D

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Well, I didn't necessarily want to be the 467th person to comment on this guy's post (and beat a dead horse), but I feel I need to (and follow the "DaDakota High Road" in my response...)

I am just absolutely astounded that a Jazz fan would:
    1) admit to his team's strategy of flopping
    2) treat it like it's no big deal
    3) actually enjoy the slowdown in the game created by flopping calls
    4) advocate that we should do the same
    5) perpetuate the notion that flopping = playoffs (as I posted in another thread, Sloan's crazy mantra is "Offense wins games, but flopping wins championships...")
    6) and circumvent the fact that flopping = bad for the NBA by pointing out that if other teams are doing it, it must be okay.

Hey! I guess they were right... You can learn a lot from a dummy!