1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jasons Deli Salad Bar

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Daddy Long Legs, Aug 14, 2017.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

No, but now that you mention it...

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Is it stealing though? I mean it says free ice cream!! and actually when i was younger probably around 12-13 me and my friends used to skate around and everyday we would do the same thing and go get free ice cream and none of the employees seemed to mind and I know they knew what we were doing.

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It's not even ice cream.

Nook likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I never said it was a bad idea.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I never understood why people would pay someone else to put cold cut sandwiches together when you could easily make it for a third of what you're paying.

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

• It's convenient.
    • Not everyone eats the entire loaf of bread, tomato, lettuce, etc. they'd have to buy from the grocery store to make a sandwich before the groceries go bad.
    • 90% of the products and services you purchase could be had for less if you'd make or do them yourself.
    • Free ice cream.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Sometimes, AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FER DAT!
    And super easy if they've got a drive through.

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Added to your list

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  9. Duncan McDonuts

A sandwich is literally the easiest thing to make. All you do is assemble ingredients together. IKEA furniture is harder to put together. You could make 3 sandwiches for the price of one, even if the ingredients spoil.

It takes as much time to make yourself than it does to order it from the deli. Convenience is a wash to me. Only pro I see is free ice cream/salad bar, and that's only from Jason's Deli.

10. Buck Turgidson

Take a quality deli reuben for example, will run you about $15-20 at any reputable deli. To make one at home you'd need: 1 lb of top shelf corned beef ($10+), 1 loaf of bakery rye ($4), 1 jar sauerkraut ($4), swiss cheese ($1). I'm not talking about Subway crap, but a good sammich is absolutely worth paying for.

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

It takes much more time to buy the ingredients and make the sandwich yourself than it does to order the sandwich from a shop.

Also, people don't necessarily plan out their lunches. Tomorrow, I may go for Chinese, which would be somewhat difficult to make myself. Or maybe I'll grab a sandwich.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Tried this today. I walked right into a local Jason's Deli and made a huge plate of salad with out paying. I really piled it on, all of the trimmings. I went to a table and sat down but I'm not much of a salad fan. So I just got up and walked out.

Rashmon likes this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

A lb of meat is about 3-4 sandwiches. $2.50/sandwich
    A loaf of bakery rye gives you 8 slices. $1.00/sandwich
    Jar of sauerkraut (yuck) can make 8 servings. $0.50/sandwich
    Swiss cheese. $0.25/sandwich
    $4.25 for a full sandwich vs $15-20.

Still looks like a win to me making it myself.
    Maybe an extra 10 minutes to grab the ingredients while I'm at the grocery store that I'm already at. Shorter if there's nobody at the deli line.

I don't plan my meals out, either. I usually grab enough sandwich ingredients to make about 3 a week. It usually takes a week or more for the fresher ingredients to spoil, so 3 meals out of a week gives enough meal flexibility with minimal preparation.

14. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

A real deli reuben should have about a pound of meat on it.

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Don't be uppity breh. It may be a win to you but not to others in every situation. No one is right or wrong in that debate.

What if you only want 1 sandwhich and not multiple sandwhiches? What if you have roomates and fridge space is limited? What if you don't have the time for grocery store shopping + preparation + clean up that night.

It makes no sense to buy in bulk if you only plan on having one sandwhich

Pics or it didnt happen :D

16. Duncan McDonuts

Now that, I'd pay $15-20 for. That's like two meals.

17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I just assumed the ice cream was free with a purchase of a meal

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

If you haven't had their Muffaletta, you're missing out. Best I've had and I've had them at Central Grocery & Frank's in the French Quarter. Easily is two meals for me (I get the half muffaletta for $7.99.)

[​IMG]

19. Asian Sensation

Of course Ikea furniture is harder to put together. They are a pain in the ass :mad:

20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

wow, you got some nerves... what else you be 'stealing" from eateries or restaurants?