1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Kidd

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Houston22, Apr 5, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Nash is the greatest, but Jason is right up there in getting out of teamates the best.
    Making VC and RJ getting along and also getting these numbers out of Krstic it's just WOW.
    This is the guy I would risk good money despite his injuries to lure him to my team. Is he a MAX player? I know clutch was playing wiht idea of bringing him to Rockets..

2. MiddleEarth

MiddleEarth Rookie

I always pick Kidd over Nash for a team. Kidd plays at both ends and is a rebounder and tough defender. Both of them are great leaders and run their teams' offense perfectly but Nash scores better than Kidd. Kidd is a perfect anchor for any team. Certainly Kidd was a max player. His close to triple double season and single-handedly brought the Nets to 2 finals were the reasons. Even after the surgery, he still worths the money.

Kristic is coming along becoz of his hard work with Bill Cartwright. It's a big plus for the Nets with Kristic's late good play. ECF Pistons vs Nets.

3. qwerty

qwerty Contributing Member

Why is there no Kidd for MVP talk? I don't think anyone expected these Nets to be anything more than an exciting run and gun team, but they have put together win streaks of 10 and 13 games this season and have looked really good recently, beating some very good teams convincingly.

For that matter, if Nash won the MVP last year, why did Kidd never win an MVP with those Nets teams that went to the NBA Finals?

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Hold on. Nash is the greatest? Kidd's was the top PG in the league for about 10 years. And while Nash has been unbelievable for the past two years, Kidd hasn't exactly been a slouch. He's still performing at an extremely high level, he's a big part of why the Nets are the hottest team in the league, and well worth the Max that he's getting. We're not getting him on the Rockets either. That boat has sailed.

5. MightyReds2020

Kidd should have won the MVP in 2002 but voters wanted Tim Duncan because they thought that was Tim's last chance to get a MVP while Kidd was still young.

Obviously, voters were wrong and Tim went on to win one more next season while Kidd could never reproduced his magic season although he did come close.

:mad:

Kidd is robbed, so Nash shouldn't get another one while Kidd is a better player for a lot longer. Life is so unfair...

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this year specifically, its hard to make a case for kidd with the way vince is playing. he's just as instrumental, unless you argue that kidd has revived carter's career.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kidd=UNCLUTCH
    big deal, the nets are on a nice win streak. wait til the playoffs, they will get trampled.

Nash > Kidd.

Kidd can't shoot. that's why they'll never win anything.
    I remember he scored ZERO points against the Pistons in a game 7 a few years back.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I still remember the zero points nash scored against kidd just last month.

nash has kidd on shooting, but that's it. kidd can still get to the rim, he rebounds and plays better defense. I like watching nash, and nash probably has a better argument for mvp, but kidd is a hofer.

9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Eastern Conference players haven't been allowed to get the award since Jordan left the second time.

Allen Iverson threatened David Stern at knifepoint to get his.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

that was the regular season. kidd couldnt hit squat when it counted.

11. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Well he did go to finals twice and they managed to win two games the 2nd time. Plus they did manage to go game 7 against Pistons, so that's not too bad. The thing is, Nets have RJ and VG. So it's not as big a problem, unlike Rockets, where nobody except Yao is consistent (Tmac is quite streaky too).

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kidd has been farther in the playoffs than Nash ever has twice.
    Nash is one of the worst defenders at PG, quite possibly worse than Reefer.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Eastern Conference.

The whole phoenix team plays bad defense.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

or for that matter, how come John Stockton never won an MVP when he was far and away better than both of those guys.

Incidentally, Kidd got robbed the first year he was with the Nets. I'll contend til' my dying day that Kidd should have been the MVP that year.

15. Williamson

What are you talking about? Duncan is significantly younger than Kidd.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

10 years? He was drafted in 94, so was he the league's best from 94-04? 95-05? or 96-06? I have a tough time buying any of those...it took him until 1999 to be put on any All-NBA team (he made first, with Phoenix). He had a 6-yr run there as first team all-NBA, and I'd agree he was the best. But he needed Stockton to retire and Payton to fall apart first. He was good on the court but a bad teammate in Dallas and then he was a regular season only guy in Phoenix. Until he took the Nets to the two Finals, he wasn't going to the hall.

Now, his career is ticking. He's riding on worn wheels, and has been declining recently. It's being covered up some because he's playing with the greatest wing combination on the planet. He's still got it, but there's no way he's worth half his contract in a couple years...

Evan

17. tinman

Supporting Member

i hate the jazz.. but stockton is better than kidd.
    kidd cant hit any jumpers in the clutch. plus he played in easy eastern conference.
    you guys obviously forgot the phoenix suns years with jason kidd.
    he couldnt do diddly against the west.

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

no doubt as good as Kidd and Nash are...Stockton and Magic are one step above. Stockton has the ridiculous shooting % for a guard over Kidd...and the defense over Nash.. You can say Kidd has rebounding over Stockton, but that doesn't put a PG over the top imo

19. MiddleEarth

MiddleEarth Rookie

It there are two equal teams except point guard and they have choices between Kidd and Nash, the team that gets Kidd will win over Nash's team. Kidd's defense will lock down Nash and render Nash ineffective in offense. Kidd will wear Nash down by posting Nash up on offensive end.

If Kidd doesnt scores, he still contributes in assists, rebounds, and defense. If Nash doesnt scores, he only contributes in assists. Kidd may not be the one that take the last shot, but he's always the anchor on both defense and offense.

When we talk about PGs now, it's Billups, Kidd and Nash. Billups was a bench player and journey man before he plays for Pistons and became Playoffs Final MVP. So, to talk down a player with his earlier career is a cheap shot.

20. Williamson

It isn't just Magic and Stockton either. Isiah Thomas was a better point guard than both of those guys and he's got the rings to show for it. (But man, he sure is a terrible GM!)

I think an argument can even be made that Gary Payton has had a stronger career than both Kidd and Nash. Basically, the level of talent in the NBA right now is pathetic if Nash is a two time MVP.