1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jason Kapono

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by NIKEstrad, May 8, 2000.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/college/cott00506cci.shtml

Kapono may be coming out. I personally like Kapono's game. He's 6'7'' swingman, who can shoot the lights out. Led a UCLA team that featured Jerome Moiso, JaRon Rush, and Dan Gadzuric in points with 16 a game, and is only a freshman. If we still had a good Hakeem and Charles, the Rockets would be drooling over him. Hit over 46% of three pointers and launched over 175. He wouldn't be worth a #9 pick, but he's a late first rounder. If a defensive center wasn't available at #24, he'd make a very intriguing choice.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

2. playahata

playahata Member

Goofy looking...but tremendous game. He can't shoot free throws, but he has all the rest of the offensive game. Don't really see him in Houston's future. I haven't heard anything relating to his draft stock however.

------------------

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Do we have #24? Is that a certainty?

------------------

4. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

As a long time UCLA fan and a LA resident, I can tell you its highly unlikely he'll come out. However, I can see him coming out for money early however if he waits, he'll do a lot better.

Anyways, on to his skills. This guy is as good as a scorer you going to get. When he's hot, you better get the ball out of his hands. He stretches the defense for you with his long range, but can also shoot you out of the game. The main knack on him is he really doesn't have much atheletic ability but has very high b-ball IQ. I'm not sure how well he'll work in NBA with the players also having b-ball IQ. His defense could use some work. He's a poor-man's Miller right now.

------------------
    Now that the NBA season is over, check out the premiere source for draft info.

Draftsource.net

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Guys from UCLA who can fill it up from outside scare me. Tracy Murray... Don McLean... *shudder*.

------------------
    ?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Doesn't he wear a headband?

------------------
    Get your proper swirve on...visit www.swirve.com (coming in late May, for now visit www.eesite.com)

[This message has been edited by Rocketman95 (edited May 09, 2000).]

7. Drag-On 88

Drag-On 88 Member

yeah, he does... i've known about him for awhile now 'cuz he went to my cousin's high school (Artesia) and my cousin was always telling me about him... i didn't watch many UCLA games this year, but he played real well in the games i did watch... however, i think he should stay and work on his game more if he wants to be a higher pick

------------------