1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James needs a "Robin".......Who should it be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 9, 2017.

1. basketballholic

Nicolo Melli hasnt played a single NBA game and he's better than Terrence. You don't judge one player better than the other because they've played more games in the NBA. Faulty logic.

LOL. You buying out all the glade air fresheners at Wal-Marts again to cover up those brain farts coming out your fingers?

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Josh Harrellson has been out of the league for 3 years and plays on such irrelevant teams that nobody even knows the numbers he is putting up.

You are the Josh Harrellson of Clutchfans. Irrelevant post one after the other that nobody remembers all the garbage you have posted in the last 3 years. LOLOL.

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

F*** that! We need another batman alongside Harden.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. basketballholic

And you're the Terrence Jones of posters. Empty posts. All hype, no substance. LOL

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We need to send you to some Chinese team basketball forum or whichever league Harrellson plays in. You can write your essays there. No one will understand anyway just like here. But I doubt you'll get the hint. LOL

Btw - You need to make better use of your retired life than chumpioning for Josh Harrellson or Spencer Dumbwiddie or convincing us that Rubio is the best out of that draft

6. basketballholic

You've wrote more on Terrence than I've wrote on Harrelson and Dinwiddie combined.

7. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Someone like Klay Thompson, unfortunately, would be the ideal Robin alongside Harden's Batman. A non-ball-dominant scorer who can also handle whichever guard or wing is the toughest defensive assignment. Well, I mean, I guess Kawhi Leonard is the super saiyan form of that (though San Antonio has made him more ball-dominant lately, since they need a go-to guy), but it's slightly more realistic to reel in someone of Thompson's caliber than someone of Leonard's.

Thompson himself is obviously not available, but that's the kind of second star Houston needs, IMO.

Corrosion and Chamillionaire like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Basketball holic should just calm the heck down. Terrence is a normal role player, no real need to hate or obsessively love.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Do I want to know why you know this?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Harden is a Robin thinks he's a Batman. He won't be happy when a real Batman comes along. Harden has the potential to be a Batman if he can put his head straight.

12. lastreg

lastreg Member

not sure why you guys are so high on him being alpha. I see the chance is very very low for us to get out of the west with him being alpha.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is probably when @Bobbythegreat comes in with a classic "wtf!? I think that was an inappropriate joke" like,

"The best way to get Harden to be Batman is to kill his parents."

Classic Bobby.

Os Trigonum and Bobbythegreat like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If only you hadn't beat me to it.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Strangely, Butler reps Conroe not Houston. I find that weird.

rockets13champs likes this.
  16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I REALLY think Gallo would fit like a glove here. Not to mention, our forward rotation is in biggest need of a boost

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Gotta be decreed by he'd the Bee-ard; and OK'd accordingly by said Camped Crusader II. Uh, and who be #3? OK, and #4? Love watching the Dubs/cry watching the Dubs/hate those $%^& Dubs...

Plowman likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, this won't happen anyway so...unless...
    [​IMG]

Chamillionaire likes this.
  19. Ranny

Ranny Member

I wouldn't say a "robin", I would say a Partner.

If you look at our toughest rivals we should realize that the expectations we put on Harden and the current Rockets are unfair and unrealistic. We had a very good team this season, but in the end it finished in the spot it deserved in the league.

- The warriors are a superteam of 4 all stars, 2 of them former league MVPs
    - The Cavs have Lebron, a Superhuman, and two all stars Irving and Love, both way better than any player in our team other than Harden.
    - The Spurs are also a superteam with current and former all stars like Leonard, Aldridge, Parker, Manu etc. and managed by arguably the best coach in history.

How on earth were we realistically supposed to make the finals?? or even consider that we could win it all?? The truth is that we were not supposed to, and as much as many of us, myself included, got very exited and hopeful that somehow the Rox could surprise the world and take the chip, it was an almost impossible endeavor to achieve.

IMO both Harden and D'Antoni did a fantastic job this season and made it as far as we were supposed to make it, if we could look at this truly objectively we should realize that we shouldn't be complaining. Harden is awesome and pairing him with a truly good partner and playing like we did this year we are not far from becoming a real threat in the league, BUT If the Rockets really want to challenge these 3 teams we need to somehow acquire a partner for Harden, someone who is at least somewhat close to his level to balance the "star gap" we have with the top teams, this is our only hope.

Harden+Griffin, Harden+George, Harden+Davis, Harden+Hayward and a few other combinations more, could be partnerships that together with the right supporting cast, and good coaching should make us true contenders. How do we make that happen? Well that's Morey's job, he has done great trades/signing in the past, lets hope he can do it again.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. Lightsnowaction

To be truthful, with how the NBA is today, you need more than just 2 superstars on our team to be true contenders. It will take great trades for 2 stars(who ask to be traded to Houston) and one signing this summer of Griffin or Hayward or CP3 to be in start the conversation.
    Lastly, as bad as this sounds, Harden may need to take less to resign and forget about the supermax.