1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

For his depression, yes
    For his team, no
    Rockets still have those picks.

#8701 DreamShook, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So do we hope Ben and the Nets succeed to make more ha ha’s on Harden or do we hope they fail so our draft picks improve?

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Hope for good basketball and a lot of drama on the court

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Asian Sensation

Want them to suck of course but I don’t think that’s gonna be the case.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Is this really a question?

What pleasure would anyone get to make ha ha's on Harden at the expense of the team they root for?

It's amazing ho Harden makes some feel some kind of way, now people are talking about rooting for the Net's to get at Harden when people were yelling at anybody pulling for Harden because it "hurt the rockets draft picks".

Don't know where you stand on all of this but I can't believe there is even a choice.

JayGoogle, BigShasta and clos4life like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've always believed that the blow over had been built up for a long time. Whatever Doc and Embiid said after the Atlanta series were just the final straw, not the real reason.

ElPigto likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IT was all bullsh!t
    Seriously. . .the same ones screaming that Harden is mentally soft and a quitter
    I slurping on the Ben 10 KoolAid right about now
    Love them some ben 10

Rocket River

jiggyfly, clos4life and Reeko like this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I feel like Philly fans booing him + his mentality as a basketball player wasn't enough to justify not being a part of the 76ers all season. There has to be something else in his life that's giving him grief.

Probably some extremely personal issue.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

When Simmons returns the Nets can field the highest drafted starting five in NBA history.

KD: 2007 (Round: 1 / Pick: 2)
    LaMarcus Aldridge: 2006 (Round: 1 / Pick: 2)
    Blake Griffin: 2009 (Round: 1 / Pick: 1)
    Kyrie Irving: 2011 (Round: 1 / Pick: 1)
    Ben Simmons: 2016 (Round: 1 / Pick: 1)

Amiga likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

Mental health, anxiety and so on is no joke. Once you get anxiety and depression the brain reacts by pumping you’re body full of chemicals that makes it hard to even get out of bed. For his sake I’m glad he got the help he needs

BigShasta likes this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If this was 2016 , it would be frightening

jiggyfly, Easy and red5rocket like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBA Believes New York City Should Reevaluate Vaccine Ordinance

Adam Silver was asked by ESPN's Mike Greenberg on the possible impact of vaccine mandates on the remainder of the season, particularly with how Kyrie Irving is not allowed to play in home games for the Brooklyn Nets.

"Honestly, I have no inside information," said Silver. "I'm here in New York where that ordinance is in place that has the direct impact on Kyrie."

Silver then spoke of the NBA's vaccinate rate before suggesting the New York ordinance is inconstant in how it is applied.

"This law in New York, the oddity of it to me is that is only applies to home players. If ultimately that rule is protecting people who are in the arena, it just doesn't make quite sense to me that an away player can play at Barclays, but the home player can't. To me, that's a reason they should look at that ordinance.

"Being here in the New York market, the feeling particularly in the last week, many of the masking restrictions are being lifted. You can just feel it in the city. There are more people in restaurants. There are more people out and about.

"While, again, my personal view is people should get vaccinated and boosted, I can imagine a scenario where Brooklyn as part of New York City, with a new mayor who wasn't in place, Eric Adams, when that ordinance was put in place. I can see him deciding to change along the way and say 'It's no longer necessary to have a mandatory vaccination requirement.' Particularly one that only affects home players."

While Silver expressed optimism of Adams changing his position, New York City fired 1,430 city workers for failing to comply with its vaccine mandate.

#8713 J.R., Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    Salvy, yoeddy and i3artow i3aller like this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

actually almost any law doesn't make sense when put under scrutiny...we are living in slavery

red5rocket and Salvy like this.
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Agreed.

JumpMan and hakeem94 like this.
  17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm here for the hakeem94 presidential run.

platform - there is no platform!

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Salvy

Salvy Member

If they cared about people they would shut basketball down completely in Brooklyn, these arenas get packed with people and there is no way to protect them. Shut the season down in Brooklyn for the chilren, they will have to inherit every remaining game as a loss thou and well the lottery pick does go to Houston but we must think about more important things like health.... Shut it down Brooklyn! Think about the people please...

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.