1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden being sued for mansion party

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 13, 2019.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

What a odd statement considering there was a Landrys and Landrys was a profitable business long before ever associating themselves with the Rockets. Landrys was a profitable business before Leslie Alexander ever even owned the Rockets.

dude just stop.

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

harden had a championship celebration party except there was not any championship to celebrate. Chef Harden trippin'

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

landry was about as popular as a fly-by-night Montrose area restaurant before the rockets promoted their business!

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. Realjad

They were still profitable

5. biff17

biff17 Member

How do you know he purchased those cars and not leased them or maybe just borrowed them from the dealer.

why are you counting another man's money?

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

not getting any of my money.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol you know how many brands, chains, and locations are under Landry's Inc

MorningZippo, Gray_Jay and Blurr#7 like this.
  8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Good...Harden needs to pay the man what he is owed...has all the money in the world and wants to get over on ppl. GTFO bearded one.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Hahaha you sound financially inept yourself. As in leasing these particular cars is a better financial decision. Loll worry about your own check to check life.

10. Realjad

To stay on the topic of your statement. You aren't the only person in the world.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone obviously doesn't understand leasing high end luxury cars can be a beneficial choice based on the situation. Luxury automobile brands make the best lease values, dollar for dollar, than other brands due to high lease-end residual values relative to MSRP

People who lease high end cars like the convenience of a fast/easy transaction, want to switch cars every two or three years or even sooner, like having no maintenance and repair headaches, and like avoiding disposing of used cars. They also like the option of minimizing cash outlay. Being money-wise is a typical characteristic of high-end car leasers. They are not trying to save a few bucks. they have the cash to buy whatever car they want. They simply know that it’s not smart to put money into depreciating assets when that money could be used for more productive purposes.

12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Carl Landry might have given landry's greater name recognition in addition to the free publicity given to the chain by the Rockets.

landry's doesn't touch my personal cooking. Not my style unless a company footed the bill kinda like with the landry gift cards. I wouldn't refuse a landry gift card.

13. biff17

biff17 Member

What?

You have no idea what you are talking about if he leased a car he would not be a liable for the numbers you pulled out of your ass.

i am not the one concerned about another person's financials that you have no idea about.

14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I understand plenty, and have over a decade of experience in private equity, investment banking, corporate debt, and have a solid grasp of tax planning as the PE shop I was at also had a tax planning arm. I have negotiated high end car leases as a favor to some high net worth individuals who are close friends. I literally could write a book on this stuff and know exactly what the benefits are, but this is a bball forum and will definitely not be interesting to anyone on here, and you seem like you already know everything.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

if any of this were true, no way would anyone just disregard leasing a high end vehicle so easily as a legitimate option. but people will portray themselves in anyway to save face

MorningZippo and biff17 like this.
  16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Lmao dude, if I were going to lie about my profession I would have picked something much more interesting than one of the most miserable professions on the planet.

17. SORF

SORF Member

I doubt Harden or PJ purchased the Rolls Royce vehicles...Tillman owns the RR & Bugatti dealership. Maybe the 2 RRs are "company leased" vehicles.

biff17 and Realjad like this.
  18. biff17

biff17 Member

Interesting.

Did not know that and it makes complete sense.

19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member