1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden at 28 is better than Michael Jordan at 28

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 8, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is spot on.

How's this not different from LOFs saying that Lin was better than Harden based on "LINSANITY"??

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I considered that -- but "better passer" is debatable and really a matter of opinion, and I was limiting myself to statements I consider more objective.

Jordan was an excellent passer. He also operated more as a wing player and had less point guard duties, so I can not give Harden a clear edge as a passer merely because his assists have ballooned in recent years.

It's fair to say that Harden is a more willing facilitator of is teammates' shooting than Jordan was, but he also holds on to the ball and dribbles the ball a lot longer, controls the ball more coming up the floor, and operates in a more spread-out offense where open passing targets are more readily available.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

No he is not and I don't care what the stats say. Jordan played when handchecking and illegal defense was allowed and dominated. I just happened to catch his NBA TV specials and he was beyond awesome. Michael Jordan at 28 would destroy James Harden at 28 in today's NBA. Michael had James's shooting ability, Trevor's D, Gerald's leaping ability, and CP3 basketball mind.

The only player I compare to Jordan is Dream and Jordan loves Dream!

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gary Payton's D, Tony Allen's D.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Bulls game probably ran through 3 guys instead of CP3 and Harden.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i heard Michael was a career 25 % 3pt shooter( on the original 23 ft 9 ), is this true?

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Gotta think about playing in the triangle offense as well. I have no doubt MJ or Pip could average nearly as many assists as Harden can in todays offense built around them surrounded by shooters and an athletic big to catch oops. What's the most assists averaged in Phil Jacksons triangle offense? 7 from Pip? 6 from Mj and Kobe each? Doubtful Harden averages any more than that in the same offense.

8. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I'm gonna say it again. These centers today are not better than the 90s or 80s centers period . The game has obviously changed but many centers can't even shoot a fade away or a solid jump hook. How did old man 90s Duncan do in this era of basketball 4 yrs ago? This isn't even about an age thing...it's understanding the game. I'm not old btw. But your ignorant lazy millienial ass needs to understand the game.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I have no doubt Harden would of been 3 times champion already if coached by Phil instead of mchale

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Harden with a prime Shaq? Absolutely.

Harden with Pippen or Gasol as his #2? Not even 1.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The hops doe.

[​IMG]

Caesar likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL can you list down Kobe's teammates win shares when they won the championships after the Shaq years?

Who was Kobe and Jordan's second highest paid player? And list down their teammates win shares

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Jordans second set of championships consisted of a team that went to the Eastern conference finals without him with the addition of Dennis Rodman. Jordan was great, but his teams were crap until he got a lot of help.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

jordan's overrated. no threes, no triple doubles, stupid mid range game. nothing but a glorified chucker. pathetic.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

LeBron and Wilt are the only players that can take otherwise lottery teams to the finals by themselves.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. vlaurelio

that's my point. don't judge harden not winning the championship because he didn't have a championship team built around him in the first place

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

he has a compilation of made 3s he must be like curry

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he shot 25 % from 3(as it is today ) and hes on 32% on nba career because nba moved the line to a shorter distance for a while , that i was told

can someone verify this?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He came back from retirement and shot better. He did not shoot so well when he was in the 80s and early 90s.

The 3 was not important back then as it is today to win a championship or go deep obviously.

He would have worked on this, come on, the Goat would be a beast shooting 3s if he was a modern player. Shooting 3s and raising the efficiency should not be so hard for him.

#300 daywalker02, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018