1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden at 28 is better than Michael Jordan at 28

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 8, 2018.

1. the shark

the shark Member

There's a reason God gave you two ears and only one mouth. Listening is more important as you might learn something, but you are obviously a know it all so you go right ahead and keep embarrassing yourself.
    What color is the sky in your world?

2. rockets13champs

An old man who has no arguement. Can only talk about embarrassing oneself. Get some stats or facts to back up ur arguments then talk. For now peace and love brother.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I knew this would be the crap excuse
    If you compare players you have to put them with the same era rules and medical and nutritional norms

You know harden couldn’t even stay in the same hotel as Ryan Anderson if he played in Bill Russell’s era

You know nobody in your generation has made a good website for Rockets fans

Nobody

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Kids these days dismiss the past so that’s why there is disrespect for history

Doesn’t matter if it’s Jordan or Hakeem or Dr J

Caesar and the shark like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody now can comprehend a prime Dream
    He won the mvp and defensive player of the year and the finals mvp in the same year

He didn’t need to form a super team to help him do that

He didn’t even eat food or drink water on certain periods

If you measure a player by heart , There’s no chance anyone can compete with Dream

legacygt777 and Caesar like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin couldn’t even tie Mugsy Bogues shoes

Caesar likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Don’t you dare disrespect the 90s on the site named after the team of that era

8. rockets13champs

That wasn’t the case for Jordan. He stayed at same hotel as Kerr. People In this generation have done a ton. Such as the smartphone ur using to type ur idiotic anger. What I’ve said from the beginning was to respect the now and enjoy the now. Today’s players are great they aren’t worse than 90s players. It’s not an arguement it’s a mere fact. I’m not dissing the 90s so calm down. I don’t understand why old people make everything an arguement. #MidLifeCrisis + sit back and enjoy ur life dawg I encourage u to do it

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Nope, we've seen all these players play.

I do blame old people for not teaching their kids about respecting their past.

The fact you don't respect a player who's considered the best of all time because you want to be an ultimate Harden fanboy is your choice.

I want championships for the Rockets, I don't need to throw history under the bus to justify my fandom.

Oh don't insult me being old, talk to your parents , they didn't teach you that history should be resepected

Oh, the reason why we got Chris Paul wasn't because of scoring.

It's because he's mentally tougher than Harden.

Caesar likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

If a group of Bulls fans and Rockets fans of all ages were together hanging out, and one of the Rockets fans said that Harden is better than Jordan, I would tell the group that was a fake Rockets fan

Caesar likes this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This is not a debate. I've seen both guys play and James isn't on Jordan's level. And I love Harden's game. Jordan would destroy James. Michael could drop 50 on James and get in his grill defensively.

For all of your "evolution" talk, Jordan was an out- of -thIs- world athlete & James is average for the NBA. (Call me when Harden evolves and jumps from the free throw line) Jordan was an ELITE defender and James is average on a good day.

James is an elite iso perimeter scorer in an era where hand checking is illegal. Jordan is the best perimeter iso scorer of all-time while playing in an era where hand checking and physical defense were the norm. He'd easily get 40ppg today's game where you can't touch anyone.

Harden has great footwork that allows him to change directions & stop on a dime. Jordan's footwork was just as great and he was much quicker.

Harden's mental toughness has been constantly questioned ( fair or not). Jordan's mental toughness is LEGENDARY. He fought through 2 dynasties (Celtics & Pistons) before finally making one for himself.

I love James Harden's game and think he's a Hall of fame baller but Jordan has his own wing in the Hall because he was that special. No shame, Jordan was a monster. But Chicago had to build Jordan's team into a contender and it looks like Harden finally has the squad to make some noise. Let's hope he brings it home.

Houstunna, Caesar and the shark like this.
  12. Exiled

Exiled Member

[​IMG]

Houstunna likes this.
  13. the shark

the shark Member

VILLAGE IDIOTS are oblivious to the facts. Again for the mentally challenged here are the facts:

Jordan's 1st yr ('84-'85)----voted 2nd team ALL-NBA
    Harden's 1st yr ('09-'10)----he doesn't start ONE game

Jordan's 2nd yr ('85-'86)---Jordan gets hurt and plays only 18 games
    Harden's 2nd yr ('10-'11)---Harden starts 5 games

Jordan's 3rd yr ('86-'87)----Jordan is voted 1st ALL NBA/leads NBA in scoring
    Harden's 3rd yr ('11-'12).....Harden is voted 6th man of the yr and he sucks A$$ in the finals against the Heat.

Jordan's 4th yr ('87-'88)....he wins MVP & DPOY/leads NBA in scoring
    Harden's 4th yr ('12-'13)....he's voted to 3rd team all NBA

Jordan's 5th yr ('88-'89)....voted 1st team all NBA/leads NBA in scoring
    Harden's 5th yr ('13-'14).....1st team all NBA

Jordan's 6th yr ('89-'90).....1st team all NBA/leads NBA in scoring
    Harden's 6th yr ('14-'15)....1st team all NBA

Jordan's 7th yr ('90-'91).....MVP and wins title/leads NBA in scoring
    Harden's 7th yr ('15-'16)....not voted to 1st, 2nd or 3rd team all NBA teams

Jordan's 8th yr ('91-'92)....MVP for the THIRD time in 8 yrs and wins his 2nd title/leads NBA in scoring for SIXTH straight yr
    *his bday is Feb 17th, 1963 so he started the season 28 yrs old
    Harden's 8th yr ('16-'17)....1st team all NBA
    QUITS in gm 6 against Spurs
    *his bday is Aug 26th, 1989

Harden's 9th yr ('17-'18).....leading MVP candidate and leading league in scoring through 2/3 of the season

FACTS!!!!!

You still want to argue and continue to embarrass yourself go right ahead village idiot. With that I'm out!!!!

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No good can come from this thread.

Harden is awesome. He is a top 5 all-time SG, in my opinion, even without the playoff success. But to stack him up against Jordan just isn't fair.

I agree with the point that there is a natural evolution in the game and NBA players today are better, on average, then they were in years past. However, the game itself as also changed. To name just a few:

- more focus on 3-point shots, and officiating changes to promote that
    - rule changes to promote 1-on-1 guard play from the perimeter over post ups

It's difficult to know with any confidence what Jordan would have done in today's game, and similarly what Harden would have done in the 80s/90s. We can look at their skills and mental and athletic attributes and make some more objective observations:

Jordan was better at not disappearing or running out of gas in pressure situations
    Jordan was far more athletic finishing around the basket
    Jordan's post up and mid-range game was better
    Jordan was quicker, faster, and took more competitive pride as a defender
    Jordan scoring had more variety
    Jordan protected the basketball better -- less prone for sloppy plays
    Harden has more range on his pull up and step back jumper
    Harden is more skilled at drawing fouls

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Michael Jordan was mentally tough
    Harden stopped playing defense because of Khole Kardashian

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

What in the kool aid without sugar statement is this?

17. the shark

the shark Member

"Make e
    "Make everything an argument"?

No just when some idiot (YOU) and his side kick who's blind as hell (hakeem94) come on here popping off that Harden is better then Jordan (by the age of 28), then YES, YOU'RE GOING TO BE CALLED OUT ON IT, because not only is it crazy as $hit but the FACTS say otherwise.

So go load up your crack pipe and kill the remaining ten brain cells you have left and tell your sidekick (hakeem94) to go get his eyes tested.

18. the shark

the shark Member

I totally agree that comparing Harden to Jordan "just isn't fair". However when someone does he should be called out for doing so.

This is FLAT OUT PATHETIC having to compare the two to show how crazy the comparison is ESPECIALLY when were right in the middle of a fantastic season and Harden is having an incredible yr thus far.

My dad told me not to argue with the village idiot as it's pointless.

Clutchfans please accept my apology.

Let's take care of business tonight!!

Caesar likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I always love younger fans who hate on Jordan(and all past players) like they are special and see something everyone else is too blind to see(They're woke!)...especially considering they never watched MJ or usually only 34-35 years old final championship runs to Wizards years. Most i find were born while MJ was retired the 2nd time or playing for the Wizards. They probably have only watched the usual overplayed highlights of MJ but there are countless and countless hours of rare footage and highlights from MJ on youtube if they do the research and the eye test speaks for itself compared to anyone before or after him.

These young fans completely dismiss that many have seen decades and decades of NBA players entire careers and still watching todays NBA. Most with that kind of knowledge respectfully disagree on the obvious but will readily say if someone of today is better than someone of the past if they truly believe it. Now we got a young fan trying to argue for a player who has largely been a choke artist when it counts and an offense only player being better than someone the majority of the world agree is the clear cut GOAT. A player who even today many outside of Houston don't even rank as top 5 in the league despite being the clear MVP this season, and he's better than Michael Jordan.

Seeing this thread only angers me knowing it could come back and bite us in the ass if Harden chokes again this year and every NBA team's fan comes to clutchfans to beat us while were down and see this thread and spread around how delusional Rockets fans are.

Make no mistake. If you are reading this because you are casually browsing clutchfans, do not take this guys opinion as our collective opinion. He very well could be a clingy and obsessive fan from China. They really attach themselves to 1 player and it becomes a sickness. We've experienced it with Yao fans, Lin fans and T-Mac and Kobe fans.

hakeem94, the shark and Houstunna like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow you forgot Harden is far better passer than Jordan

also saying harden has more range is understatement because his range is absurd

vlaurelio likes this.