1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Apologizes to China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Oct 7, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why? Just why?

This has nothing to do with him. Why interject yourself into this?
    Daryl issued a statement, the NBA issued a statement. Let those stand and let this blow over.

"No comment"
    "Those were Daryl Morey's views, not mine. Ask him."
    "Daryl Morey does not represent me or anyone else on the Rockets"

"Adidas pressured him." ... So I guess we'll be getting statements from Westbrook, Tucker, Green and anyone else with a shoe deal, including non-Rockets players too. After all, they too need to distance themselves from what Morey said. :rolleyes:

Houston Rockets: Forever China's b****.

#141 J.R., Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    CometsWin and malakas like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Send them abroad? Because they are muslims??

The Chinese state is treating Islam as a mental disease that needs mental torture starvation and reprogramming to eradicate.
    You don't see any similarity with Nazi? Because everyone else DOES.

How many years do the Ughyurs live in their land for you to have the gall to want to throw them away? 1200 years.

clutchdabear, joshuaao and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. jcf

jcf Member

I agree that the response is ridiculous. It seems like the kind of thing everyone should have ignored.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

there’s a reason Harden never speaks on political matters...I heavily doubt he’s educated on political issues, and he damn sure ain’t educated on overseas matters

Guys who always got something to say regarding politics like Pop, Kerr, and Cuban that I mentioned earlier, where are they at? It’s been crickets from them.

Harden shouldn’t have to be trying to address something like this, especially when he probably knows nothing about the situation...Harden is the face of Adidas basketball, so if they can’t get any Harden promo in China then that is significant...u already know they pressured him HEAVILY, and now u got Harden going out there making a statement while barely knowing anything about the issue

Rudyc281 and malakas like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

I am willing to pay the price.
    Furthermore sports are entertainment for the fans. I am willing as a fan to put my money where my mouth is and immediately cease any interaction and support for a league that supports genocides.

I malakas have little i can do in the decision making of countries or companies but I have 100% to do with my own decisions. Like promoting awareness of human right violations, speaking up, and boycotting teams and sports leagues who support killings of innocents.

If you think that doesn't matter at all that's fine.
    But may I tell you that if enough of us gather, then we will matter because the NBA is making money of us. We are the ones who make Harden a millionaire.

generalthade_03 and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Damn I just wanted to watch basketball.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

this seems like fake news big time. article doesn't even spell words correctly. someone definitely getting trolled and it looks like it worked

not a single rockets outlet has picked this up. obvious red flag already

8. malakas

malakas Member

yes. do you?

It also comes from the mouth of other than the CCP.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. Victorious

Victorious Member

Tillman needs blame too. He could stand up for his GM but he's more worried about the business

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Then he shouldn’t be an ambassador for the Rockets

11. malakas

malakas Member

I bet that Silver has prohibited everyone from speaking.
    This can be a disaster of unprecented proportions for the league.

clutchdabear and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Soon Come

BigShasta likes this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Please. The league will be fine with or without China.

The NBA and basketball is a global sport. China is only a just a piece of it.

Tell me this how many Chinese players are in the NBA?

And how many other players from other places around the world are in the NBA?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston Rockets star James Harden has offered an apology as the controversy over general manager Daryl Morey's tweet of support for Hong Kong protesters continues to grow at a crucial time for the NBA in China.

Harden spoke while standing with teammate Russell Westbrook at a practice in Tokyo on Monday, three days after Morey posted a now-deleted tweet that read: "Fight for Freedom. Stand with Hong Kong."

"We apologize. You know, we love China. We love playing there," Harden said. "For both of us individually, we go there once or twice a year. They show us the most important love."

"We appreciate them as a fan base," Harden said. "We love everything there about them, and we appreciate the support that they give us individually and as [an] organization."

The statements from Morey and the NBA caught the eyes of lawmakers, including no fewer than three U.S. Senators: Ted Cruz of Texas, Rick Scott of Florida and Brian Schatz of Hawaii.

"We're better than this; human rights shouldn't be for sale & the NBA shouldn't be assisting Chinese communist censorship," tweeted Cruz, who said he is a lifelong Rockets fan.

Democratic presidential candidate Julian Castro, a former U.S. Housing Secretary from Texas, tweeted "China is using its economic power to silence critics -- even those in the U.S."

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

The only thing that can make this worst is if trump interjects himself In this. To make rockets look like cowards.

16. malakas

malakas Member

That will be the only Trump tweet I will like in my life.

clutchdabear and sealclubber1016 like this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I certainly do not expect any of those players or coaches to lash out at China or anything, but I do expect that they owe it to their AMERICAN fans to make it clear that the NBA players and coaches uphold our values & respect is a two way street. We have to respect our fans all over the globe & in China, but we also have to educate the world when we engage with them what our values are as well.

It shouldn't be that hard to explain without offending Chinese fans & the Chinese government who looks more and more like they own the NBA instead of the NBA representing the fans in the 30 cities their teams are SUPPOSED to represent.

clutchdabear likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It would be helpful if you could identify people. You know there are fractions within the Party. #

Everyone wasn't thinking the same as people here try to sell.

Xi did consolidate that power but it was not always the case.

I read the Kampf and Hitler didn't just hate Jews, he hated Communists and disabled people. He sent out to conquer Europe and half the World.

Also the Nazis rarely tortured with instruments, they just either shot you to the head or gassed you, let you work.

They did do experiments though for science, ghastly ones.

Hitler never wanted or tried to assimilate Jews as Jews were the upper tier of the society back then.

Hitler consolidated power by executing timely political coups. He was a master of speech while Xi is a quiet person, doing things more than voicing them.

Nope, I dun see Xi conquering the World anytime soon. Maybe monetarily but that doesn't work either.

#159 daywalker02, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Stand for Morey
    Stand for freedom

Screw Harden, Tilman, and China