1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Apologizes to China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Oct 7, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

being nationalistic and materialistic is a product of being brainwashed for years under an absolute regime. And yet it's also a generalisation that doesn't apply to everyone, and not even the majority.

People who their national poet drowned because of admiring the moon, don't have an inherent materialistic psyche.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

We Americans love to romanticize about saving the oppressed people from their evil government. You take that view there and will get spit on in the streets. The Chinese people/netizens are just as outraged at Morey as the government. And he was a compete idiot to not see it coming.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm ok with this, but he should also tweet next that he loves Morey.

It's ok to distribute the tasks here. Fertitta is the ass, Harden the apolitical athlete.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  4. BonziWellsGOAT

Yikes.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did you not read, I said he had papers, he just broke bad, has had bad company.

I told you to look in the rural areas not in the big cities. China is vast, anything can happen.

There is a lot of reason why they did this, the population problem was a serious one. Resources were scarce.

Sorry for those guys.

6. malakas

malakas Member

I read it I meant I am sorry for the death for you cousin...whether he had papers or not? .

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

**** China for WHAT? We didn’t even start all these. What you guys want?! Are you guys the real dictators? Jesus.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh, it's been imagined...
    [​IMG]

topfive, HP3 and malakas like this.
  9. magichat281

magichat281 Member

you know what. To all you communist fks out there in houston. **** YOU. United we stand and i just want to watch my sports. We did fine without playing in china who gives two ****s. these greedy owners and gms i swear. And all you fools leaving cause you wanna back up communism gtfo and dont come to american fk heads. Communism is a **** hole.

Little Bit likes this.
  10. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Funny how everyone here thought Harden was hijacked and speak up for sth he doesn’t believe in. Either it’s ADIDAS, money or he wants to save Morey’s job.

But no one here realizes that among every non-Chinese here including Morey, Tillman and Redittors, James might be the only one that visited China multiple times and know China not just from your UnbIaSed FreE world.

You guys really act like the old stinky China back in the 60s.

I love you guys. I hate you guys.

dlite316 likes this.
  11. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Funny how everyone here thought Harden was hijacked and speak up for sth he doesn’t believe in. Either it’s ADIDAS, money or he wants to save Morey’s job.

But no one here realizes that among every non-Chinese here including Morey, Tillman and Redittors, James might be the only one that visited China multiple times and know China not just from your UnbIaSed FreE world.

You guys really act like the old stinky China back in the 60s.

I love you guys. I hate you guys.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yes.

14. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Thank you for the honesty. Respect.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

OH, you know the NBA sent a memo to errybody saying you can speak about anything but China.

I'm waiting for Kerr, Pop and the countless other sports figures in the NBA who chime in on gun issues, LGBTQ+ issues, and the host of other things they care about to say something here. I won't hold my breath for them to say it.

You don't have to agree with Morey or what he said, but when we cater to a fan base who lodges death threats after he said it we are doing it wrong. I don't care if their bots or not, that's not the side the progressive NBA should take. The NFL on the other hand, this is quite on point for them.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Warriors, Spurs and every other team aren't stupid enough to talk about China. They have been briefed.

Morey should have known to stay away.

KePoW, jcf and BaselineFade like this.
  17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

What we have here (in this thread) is a lack of understanding of cultural relativism.

18. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This is why u don’t concede an 8-1 game and keep putting up good ABs.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wrong team

the spurs cater to San Antonio folk, proof by the Fiesta city edition jerseys

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Morey actually helped the NBA players because Lebron, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook said what Morey said, they would be crucified. Morey become the frontrunner of what to and not to say. The biggest payday for 1 day is in China for promotions. No players or anyone is not going to say no. 2020 Harden will be in China hopefully as a champion and MVP. Cha Ching.