1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Apologizes to China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Oct 7, 2019.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yup, people also don't like to mention that a lot of people in Hong Kong especially business owners just want this whole thing to blow over because it's starting to affect their livelihood.

My fiance is visiting her family in Hong Kong right now and they pretty much told her to stay the hell away from it.

People don't want their dollar f'd with, that's where they draw the line.

jcf likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Man, if the Rockets are having to kiss the Chinese government's ass so much over a simple re-tweet, imagine how much ass-kissing the people who actually live there do on a daily basis.

This was a re-tweet, not even Daryl's own words. Can you picture having to be so careful to not even be perceived as saying the wrong thing? With yours and your family's freedom hanging over your head? Over the last 11 years, the phrases "F$#k Obama!" and "F$#k Trump!" have been posted online millions of times with zero repercussions from the U.S. government.

#182 topfive, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  3. cebu

cebu Member

Daryl,

Don't go to Turkey, they'll sell you to the Chinese cartel.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Trump isn't saying American's cannot leave the USA to travel, and he isn't saying Mexican's with a visa cannot come to the USA.

Having said that, Donald Trump is a terrible President and his need for a wall is viewed as ridiculous by most Americans and he is up for re-election in 2020.

The difference is that I can say that Trump is a monster, I can protest, I can do many things to try to get him removed from office......... Have a Chinese citizen attempt to do that to Xi the dictator and see what happens.

malakas, Yung-T, JayGoogle and 4 others like this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

The only proof you need to know comrade is that you are a dirty ChiCom operative, one of many millions the ChiCom employed to shut down freedom. Get off this board and leave my Rockets alone, come back here when you can admit that your ChiCom bastards are the modern plague of the 21st century, it’s started with your beloved chairman Mao, your first head commie that exterminated between 40-60 millions of your people,

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Honestly I've come to the realization the only way out to please(well the less painful to the fans) is suspend morey for a year. I hate to do it but it's better then being fired n he can be the shadow gm anyways. Pleases over china overlords n galvanizes the team to win one for morey

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

True...we made the deal with the devil know we gotta pay up with our soul

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Honestly they dont wanna take on china...
    Even look at trump. One minute he saying him n the Chinese president are beautiful together. Next trade war. Honestly it's just a show for his base. Cause in the same space his daughter getting patent awarded over there previously denied. So repubs n dems dont really care. They know they powerless. China played the long game. Took all our debt they own us.

9. conquistador#11

Let's ban cricket in India and force them to watch the NBA. Problem solved.
    1.33 billion people.

10. malakas

malakas Member

No they won't. Don't try to gerenalise your own ideals or lack thereof to the whole of the chinese people, let alone the whole of humanity.

The fact I exist is proof that you are wrong.
    Southeastern europeans for 500 years had a choice between being richer, given free land and exempt from taxes and keeping their ideals, religion and identity.
    We are still here as nations.
    According to your logic we should have all dissappeared if our ancestors rather lived like kings in a cage.

Get off your bubble. Just because you value your wallet more than anything doesn't mean that everyone does.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

I didn't mean second newborn children recently, I meant all the millions of illegal second children that were born in the last decades and don't have papers because their families would have to go to prison or pay huge fines that would also land them in jail.
    What is the government attitude of these chinese people who are denied identity citizenship, education and rights?

Yung-T and wizkid83 like this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sorry for generalizing. I meant to say 99% of people. The loudest and most outspoken ones are usually those who have little to lose to begin with.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

If I put a million dollars on the table and said you can have it if you tweeted "I love China", everyone here without exception would take it. I'm comfortable with my morals because I know my way of life isn't harming anyone else. But I'm also pragmatic. Instead of preach to the internet, why don't you go to Hong Kong and riot with them if your morals are so important to you. While you are at it you can go to Saudi Arabia and fix their backward society that is 10x more oppressive than China, and go to India and stop everyone from raping eachother, and and africa to stop hunger and genocide.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My distant cousin was a second kid, they paid a fine, he became a drug fiend, unfortunately he died, but it wasn’t because the government killed him.

OD’d.

Maybe in the rural areas, never heard about it in the big cities. He had ID.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Hell, most people will say it for $1.50 let alone $1 mil. Meanwhile Harden has tens of millions on the line. Tilman has hundreds of millions on the line. And the nba as a whole billions. So when you got nothing to lose, your words are pretty hollow.

16. malakas

malakas Member

I am sorry for your cousin. There are millions of children like that. I watched a documentary recently. If their families can't pay the fine, they don't get papers. They are people without a country.

17. malakas

malakas Member

For many people in the world, freedom is above everything.
    Especially those who have already tasted it and had it taken away.

Saying that 99% of chinese people are simply materialistic with no principles is factually wrong, based on no evidence and also something to be ashamed of.

18. malakas

malakas Member

I have personally confronted nazi supporters harassing refugees at risk of my own safety and life. I am a woman.

You think my life to me is worth more than 1.50$?

:rolleyes:

19. Victorious

Victorious Member

Actual video of harden apologizing lol

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

The Chinese are some of the most materialistic people in the world (a product of the rapid economic change the past decades and influx of nouveau riche), but even without that they are also some of the most nationalistic in the world due to their history of being oppressed by outsiders.