1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden 2014-2015 MVP Season Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, May 27, 2015.

1. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

When was the last time we had a guy finish second in MVP voting? James Harden is the reason the Rockets had such an amazing season and exceeded all expectations in the playoffs. And he is still only 25. Im excited for the future.

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Phenomenal season. He has a lot of questions to answer.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Great season, James. Still MVP.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He was down right awful tonight but I hope people remember that there is no tonight or WCF or even playoffs without James.

5. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Big thank you to him, carried the team to WCF and 2nd seed in the West.

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Shame this game is going to overshadow what he did in game 4 as well as the overall season. That's what being "the man" comes with.

I still love you James and the Rockets and McHale and Dwight and Brewer and and everyone what a great season wow

7. cxdom

cxdom Rookie

The spread was 10.5 points. Harden throws the ball away and then fouls curry, down 11. Ok no big deal frustration foul maybe? Next possession go's between the legs with no pressure and loses the ball out of bounds and then proceeds to back curry, the refs don't even want to call the foul but harden forces the refs hand by pushing curry while shooting a 3. Rockets lose by 14 spread covered. Watch the game again with an open mind the turnovers, no defensive intensity or effort at all. I hope the money was worth it Harden because it was obvious that you were paid off.

8. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Please leave.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Shameful post.

James had a great season, but he was not and is not the MVP. It's time for rest, reflection, and rebuilding. Come back better.

Next season will come with expectations. Exceed them.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm going to add this here because it seems like a good place to put it. I keep seeing posts like Harden couldn't get it done when it counts like so and so or couldn't will his team like so and so.

Who the hell does Harden have for help? Ariza? Lol a broke down Jet ? And don't even tell me Dwight he is just horrible on offense. The guy has nobody to take the pressure of him at all.

Let's see..
    When Durant made it to the finals he had Westbrook and Harden
    LeBron has had Wade, Bosh now Kyrie and JR. When he didn't have help he "couldn't get it done"
    Kobe had Shaq and Gasol
    Curry has Klay
    Duncan had Ginobli and Parker.

I don't really need to lie more because you clearly can see the point. This post also isn't addressing this awful game tonight. Just addressing the we can't win with Harden crap. You can't do it alone. Hopefully More realizes this.

11. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

James was pretty bad this game tbh.

But dude is still young. Hope he learns from this game and come back stronger next season.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dude's only 25. We're lucky.

13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Big thanks to harden and his beard. All my hater friends wonder why I am celebrating after that performance .... We ended up the second best team in the nba this year and we took that next step. Progression for next year with a healthier team, a more mature and composed MVP candidate and the extra pieces added by Muarry will be exciting to watch..... Bittersweet but still sweet looking toward the future

14. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Great season, this team has a bright future if he can keep improving like he has. Hopefully he gets back in the gym and can stay healthy.
    healthy Dwight, Harden and add some guys that can shoot the 3, we are going to be fine next season.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He also dominated the first two games where if someone else just showed up they could have won both of those games...

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

17. HR Dept

Ever heard of Dwight Howard? No excuses, they just weren't good enough this season. So again I'll say... Rest, reflect, rebuild. Come back better.

If they build on this season, the next step is the Finals.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm sorry but Dwight doesn't take any pressure off Harden. Teams are not afraid of Dwight on offense. They would probably love it if he got more touches. Its not an excuse its a valid point for the future of the team.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The attention span of some people on Clutchfans is strikingly small.

20. HR Dept

Disagree. I'm not going to argue with you tonight, but the Rockets don't get to the WCF w/o DH. Just like they don't get there without James.

The team, from James on down just wasn't good enough. No ones fault, just the facts. Great season... Now get better.