1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Ennis signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Chamillionaire

VE looked terrible at summer league. Not expecting much from him.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah he looked undersized and underskilled outside of shooting a 3.

Chamillionaire and BigggReddd like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, why not? He's going to have one of his best friends getting him the ball where he likes to shoot it, and with open looks. Chris hits guys right where they want the ball before going into their shooting motion. James is a superb passer, but CP3 is just outrageously good. Melo will think he's died and gone to heaven on the offensive side of the equation.

It's defense I worry about. We've seen a positive impact on defense since Chris joined the team, in my opinion, and it's particularly obvious with Harden. James has always been able to play decent to good defense, but the effort often seemed to go on vacation. That's not longer the case, in my opinion. I think CP3 has made a difference there. If we're lucky (assuming we get Melo), Chris will have a similar impact on his friend. We have an excellent defensive coach now, and a coach both on the court and on the bench in Chris Paul.

I'm starting to feel good vibes about Melo coming aboard. I'm not sure where they're coming from, but I have this image in my head of Daryl Morey in a dark room dimly lit by candles, incense swirling around, sitting atop a pile of cushions and cackling like a loon while he waves his hands in the air - just sending out good vibes, sort of like Peter Lorre in Rick's Cafe before the Gendarmes arrive and arrest him. "Do I impress you now, Rick, with these letters of transit?" Bogart looks at him cynically, knowing the little guy isn't long for this world, and says, "Sure, Ugarte. You've impressed me."

Daryl Morey is Rick Blaine. We may not get the girl, but we're going to win in the end.

D-rock, Corrosion and hakeem94 like this.
  4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It was all good until you compared Daryl Morey to some mortal being.

D-rock, Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

MDA hasn't coached him yet. His game will be refined to his maximum ability. I think the ceiling for his ability is high but if its not and he proves not to be at the least a serviceable rotation player then someone else will take his spot, its pretty simple. But don't put too much stock in summer league, the performances are not always emblematic.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No need to hype up that dude, we know when the season kicks off.

7. Chamillionaire

I know this is from a few years back, but still gives you what he can do. He's an underrated passer and has good timing on his cuts that leads to lots of dunks. Seems to be able to play well in pick n roll and that's encouraging. Made lots of pocket passes and I think CC will benefit as Ariza was definitely not a facilitator.
    Not a good 3 pt. shooter, but expecting more open looks that will hopefully translate to higher efficiency.

#387 Chamillionaire, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    D-rock and saleem like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Barring one game, yes. He has a long way to go.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  9. saleem

Ennis has slowed down quite a lot from 2015, physical fitness will be the key for him. If he loses weight and gets stronger, and does sprints, he will be in good shape.

He is a veteran, he knows what it takes to get ready for the season.
    Why has he regressed?

Little Bit and rockets1995 like this.
  10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Every video I watch the dude is a dunkfest

D-rock likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because he never got the opportunity to play with the coolest dudes, until now it is

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fictional being, but film and character is timeless (immortal).

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

JT is the same. And both are hounds on D and have a 3ball.

rockets1995 likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I really think the Rockets Trainers are the best. Most likely he is working out, developing his body. He has said He has a lot to prove. He wants to be a Greater version of himself. He wants a bigger contract next year. He is in his Prime at 28 years old. I think he will be a Great Role Player.

#394 rockets1995, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I hope Jeff Taylor signs, I really like his defense. The Rockets turn Stone into Diamonds

D-rock likes this.
  16. saleem

I sure hope so. My expectations are moderate. I want him to surprise me.

H-town Swag likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jeff Bzedelik really likes James Ennis, He was so Happy the Rockets got him.

18. H-town Swag

H-town Swag Member

I like him, but he is definitely not a starter. The sf position is still lacking. Ennis and Green are not starters. Both like 7-9 in the rotation

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Since when did our rotation have more than 7?

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  20. Pete the Cheat

Morey has gone on record stating the traditional positions don’t mean a lot to him. So “SF” doesn’t worry me, so much as that hound to shadow Durant for an entire game in the WCF. Don’t know if we have that guy on the roster at the moment, but his track record leaves me confident we will before playoffs. Golden State is his obsession after all