1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jameis Winston investigated for sexual battery

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by el gnomo, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Remii

Remii Member

I'm sure many black folks in the south think that's the dumbest quote ever as well.
    But Wait, here's another... Maybe the police force didn't take her claim seriously or do their due diligence because she's a white girl that likes black guys.

What about that one...???

Well I don't think he will go #1 overall because I think Jacksonville, Oakland, and possibly Minnesota could occupy the top spots and they are probably happy with their QB's. But regardless of if he goes at the top of the draft or the bottom of the draft _ unless a team drafts him who has a top notch quarterback in place _ he will be their franchise guy so what's the difference.

Best thing for Winston to do is probably drop out of school now and get out of the public's eye and pop back up during the combine if he intends on going pro.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If anything those police went out of there way to cover anything up.

I don' give a **** who you are or where you're from, if I'm making a hiring decision and you that same alleged rape case on your shoulders I'm probably not hiring you. Have a unique, special skill? You're falling back behind someone else with comparable skills and a clean record.

Minor theft? Whatever. Shouting like college kids do? Whatever.

Being a weird guy in interviews and around the media + rape + playing the QB position? You're dropping. I'm sure his stock is fine in the baseball draft.

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I mean, you can always count on the Raiders drafting you. You can then be expected to suck on or off the field & sign with the Cowboys or Patriots 2-3 seasons after you retire abruptly (not so abrupt anymore).

Just don't suck as bad Jamarcus, never go full Jamarcus Russell.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I now understand why you criticized Rezdawg for using a certain word.

5. Nook

Nook Member

This idea that the police did not give Winston a full investigation of the rape charge because he is black and she likes black guys (does she? She is accusing him of rape) is unfounded at this point. Actually the evidence is that people were trying to protect Winston.

People saying Winston should drop out of school are wrong. He should play until they will not let him. He plays very well with off the field issues.

Winston is quite possibly a sociopath. He is oblivious in his interviews, he feels that he literally has done nothing wrong. He called the rape allegation "a youthful transgression".

Still if he enters the draft, and grades out well I do not have a problem with the Texans taking him in the middle of the first round if they feel he physically is an elite QB and can make the reads.

Getting a franchise QB is very very hard. I will take the risk on him maturing. A lot of the issues with Winston are maturity based.

6. Major

Major Member

I don't think a team that wants him starting next year and being the face of their team will take him unless the value is just too good to pass up. For example, Tampa Bay will be in need of a QB and I think wouldn't touch him at the top of the draft. I don't think a team like the Texans, in desperate need of a QB, would really hesitate to take him mid-to-late first round. A team like NO or Arizona that's going to need a new QB soon - but definitely not right away - might take him in an Aaron Rodgers type role, letting him sit for a while until their current QB is ready to go.

7. Major

Major Member

Sorry - I got my Texans sentence all mixed up. I think they *would* hesitate to take him.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

He will be a first rd pick. Too many teams have garbage at the qb position. If the kid grows up he could be a stud one day.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Whatever happened to that dude with skyrim in his username?

1 person likes this.
  10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The question is whether they are maturity based or intelligence based. I am not sure what the answer is.

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

A little from column A a little from column B. I thought Jason Whitlock calling Jameis Winston "Gomer Pyle" was accurate but need something else.. maybe "mean spirited Gomer Pyle"

12. Remii

Remii Member

Hey, if you believe Winston is guilty beyond any doubt (despite the fact that they say the young lady has giving different stories and there are witnesses saying she was a willing participant) _ that could very well be a possibility.

Dude, there are quarterbacks in the NFL who don't have a comparable skill set to Winston... The Texans have 3 of them. Lol...

If the kid doesn't get a rape conviction _ than we're talking about not drafting him over shoplifting crab legs. A lot of this stuff will be in the rearview mirror by the time the draft rolls around and the start of next year. But I do agree with you about the Texans.

13. Remii

Remii Member

They say he breezed through advanced classes in high school and he's on the ACC academic honor roll... But even smart people do dumb stuff.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I do not doubt Winston's intelligence. He has done well in school (with little effort) and he is well spoken. What IS a serious issue is his decision making process and what really seems like a personality disorder.

Winston displays classic signs of having a narcissistic personality disorder and possibly sociopathic tendencies. Can a team deal with that? Will he grow and mature?

I know he is supposely well liked in the locker-room.

Regardless the mediocre franchise known as the Texans have ruined the prime seasons of Johnson and Foster and now Watt. They need to make a bold move with high upside. If they love Winston's intelligence and physical skills, they need to take him in the middle of round 1.

Oh I forgot McNair is the owner, nope... not happening.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You know what bigtexxx is trying to insinuate. Its his MO.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . .. .yep

Rocket River

17. Nook

Nook Member

That a Heisman Trophy winner with any intelligence wouldn't steal frozen crab legs from a grocery store?

18. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, I forgot who I was responding to.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, was it a smart or a dumb thing to do when he stole crab legs?