1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Rose & Paul Pierce on NBA MVP: Giannis Antetokounmpo or James Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Apr 6, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree. Wins matter.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I love hearing about the past seasons historic ppg players not winning MVP without mentioning the context that they were all on bad teams.

Seriously, I love it.

LOVE IT...

SamFisher, hakeem94 and Beardaholic13 like this.
  3. durvasa

Did you just skip over the second paragraph, in which I explicitly said Harden’s case has to include team success and it’s not solely about PPG?

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You brought about having to include yeam success in order to build his case for MVP, which is opening chess move to then counter with giannis team success.

I could care less about debating it anymore.

But I hate hearing Hardens comparison with the 35ppg+ crowd not winning MVP, while Harden is the only one to do so while securing a top seed and being uber efficient.

It's a disservice to what Harden has done this year.

Harden is in a group of 1 when looking at his historical measure this season.

5. durvasa

I’m not interested in debating who’s had the better season either. Both players have their case, depending on what a voter values. No player has ever combined putting up strong MVP numbers with being the best player on a top seeded team and not received major consideration for MVP. That matters. No player has scored as prolifically as Harden, at that efficiency, while leading his team to a top 4 seed. That’s matters too.

And so I return to my original statement. Whoever wins will have deserved it.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh it's way better than this. The "meh, yeah Wilt MJ and Elgin Baylor did this" is not only a self owning prophecy- but Wilt and Elgin were playing against 6-3 part time bus drivers.

Harden stands with maybe young prime MJ and nobody else.

Antetoloadmanagemento standard with Anthony Davis and David Lee, among others.