1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Isn’t The Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's a very good way of putting it. For 10 games, he was....but you can't be something for only 10 games out of a season and get credit as if that's the guy you are all the time.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  2. Strawberry Gum

He's definitely not the problem but I don't really care about it. What I care about is whether he is the solution or not.

3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

This is spot on. As funny as it is considering I posted this, I do not believe he is the problem but 100% don’t believe he is the solution. We need a star acquisition this offseason and we’ll be a major contender. As is, we’re a slightly above .500 team next year.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

thats a reasonable take actually

5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Jalen is in a weird spot.
    He's trying harder and playing better under Udoka but he still has his same flaws.
    Loose handle and not a consistently good outside shooter.

He's improved his driving and rebounding/assisting under Ime somewhat but if his shot's not falling like last night he's still a net negative!

I know he was was at least 6-14 or 15 at one point if not better or so but kept missing step back three after step back three till he finished at 6-18, which is Pathetic!
    His shot was just not on last night

The bigger problem though is that there is no one else on this team right now who we can count on to even get 20 on a given night.

Jalen's a flawed player but he's much more prolific on this offensively challenged roster than anyone else so if you remove him there's no one left to score consistently at all!

So the poster that said he's not the problem but also not the solution is accurate!

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bingo.

The solution would have been Antman, might still be Cam Whitmore, and it might be Brandon Miller but those other 2 were not available.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

If people really understood what they watched then they would know teams are trapping Jalen off the high screen. They are also trapping him on the wings. Again teams are camping out in the paint and Brooks, FVV haven’t been making shots. The offense is stalling with teams playing zone and playing off shooters.

#27 Stephen_A, Apr 6, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

There are 4 other players on the court and when teams are playing zone and off shooters while stacking the paint or agressively trapping Jalen off the high screen or wings the offense stalls especially when Rockets aren’t making their shots from 3. Cam, FVV, Brooks have been bad these 3-4 games. Jalen didn’t have a bad game against the Heat as he was trying to drive and dish. He just couldn’t get inside with the trapping and stacking the box. He also had a good game against MIN. The warriors and mavs game the whole team stunk. Again it’s a team game and all cylinders need to click for even the best players to be successful.

9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol the return of the jalen haters as they crawl out their shi+holes

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Teams have adjusted despite what bobby the dummy says. They are covering up Amen at the short corner. They are stacking the box and
    Playing switch zones and aggressively trapping Jalen up top on high screens and sometimes early in the half court. It’s up to Udoka to adjust. Seems like Udoka is putting the ball more in FVV hands last couple games to make plays but that hasn’t worked.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dunno why everything is so compartmentalized. Who cares? Sengun played well cooled off then ok again. Green took some time to adjust played great second half. Fred has been up and down all year. It is what it is. We competed and made a great run. Let’s be content and supportive stop blaming stop hating. It’s a team game. U ever been on a team before?

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yes that’s the right attitude. Need more positive people like you here.

These sorry ass haters need to get a life. Stop being negative and miserable and resentful. Geez lol

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

These haters are blinded by hate. Either that or they don’t understand the nuances of the game or a combination of both

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That is if you don’t believe in growth and evolution of players.

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s not one player that’s a solution. It’s multiple efforts from execs, coaching, and the 5 players on the court at one time to develop that synergy. When all those pieces come together at the right time that’s the solution and that’s winning basketball. If OKC couldn’t shoot 3s as a team do u really think SGA would be as effective? No, teams would camp in the paint or trap him all day. But he has Williams, chet, dort, joe etc.That’s 4-5 guys that can shoot and spread the defense out. Until Rockets shoot consistently better or get better players teams will continue to trap green and play switch zone while walling up the paint area.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not the problem now but he was part of the Silas Wrecking Crew.... you can pin all that on Silas and Stone but boy, he was one hell of a fundamentally flawed player that is the fault of all his youth trainers and teachers and his basketball plannings.

17. Strawberry Gum

I agree with what you are saying. I don't expect Jalen to win a game by himself when all of his teammates are shooting inefficiently. I just want him to have good individual performances which affect the team positively for rest of the season, even if they don't result in wins.

My solution dilemma is about the next season, not the remaining games of this one. These next 5 games won't change the big picture, neither did the past 4 games we lost. They don't really matter that much. What matters is what Jalen will do when the team is fully healthy. Will he be a good catch and shoot player eventually? Because he has to be if he's going to play alongside a passing big man like Sengun. Will he be a star? Will he carry this team forward? Will he be a solution to the problems the Rockets had all season?

If he is not the solution, I don't believe he'll stay. Don't really see a future where Jalen is a rotational player in Houston Rockets. If he is not the solution, he won't be here.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

Jalen's streak bought him a pass for me. I am content to wait to see how he responds next year with Alpi back. If he plays well all year, then he is a keeper, and I do not expect him to be at his streak level all season but he should be at least 50% of his streak level all year. If he plays like **** again for an extended period to start next year , which is his pattern all 3 years, then he should be moved at the trade deadline. If they traded him this offseason to capitalize on his recent streak I would not be upset.

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Ever been on a team? Such a weird question. Yes, if that changes anything for you lol

I’m not hating. I’m just trying to give credit where credit is due. I don’t understand why acknowledging who clearly had the most overall impact on the team has to be viewed as hate. So weird.

Sengun and FVV had by far the most impact on the team, therefore were the biggest reasons we had a chance at the play in. These are facts that anyone without bias can accept as reality.

Why not question the OP about why he’s trying to give Jalen the most credit? It’s a team game right?

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Again I ask you ever been part of a team?

You said, “We had a shot for the play in mostly because of FVV and Sengun if we’re looking at overall season impact.”

That’s not necessarily true and shows your lack of understanding of what a team is. Without the contributions of Amen or Smith or even Brooks this team wouldn’t be where it is now. Those players had great impact and all have had a hand in shaping the culture and tough style of play of this team. Impact isn’t just measured in offense since Sengun hasn’t been impactful or as impactful as the aforementioned players on defense. You like many people and sportswriters love to compartmentalize and compare. It’s an entire team effort. Every cog needs to function to make it work. The OP may have been talking about the second half of the season, especially when Sengun went down Green did the heavy lifting for this team. He was the best player during this stretch but in my opinion it doesn’t mean he is the most impactful. Sum of all parts rather than individual pieces in my opinion.

gfab-babyboi likes this.