1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jake Marisnick suspended 2 games

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Jul 11, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

Why has this taken so long?

3. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I still don't understand this. Jake made a move inside and then Lucroy followed. I've tried removing all the rose-tint from my glasses and i still can't understand this.

K mf G and vince like this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

I don't either, it's still a bogus penalty escalated by Brad Ausmus' big fat mouth. But, I am glad to get some closure on this, finally. Jake suspended two, the pitcher that beaned him suspended three, Ausmus suspended one, and for the other fat mouth Yadi, we just smoked his team while he sat on the injured list like a bia, sending his minion Munoz to do dirty work on an issue that didn't even involve him. Over and done.

K mf G likes this.
  5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't realize they couldn't replace him on the roster, either.

In that respect, it's actually good they waited until after the Cardinals series for the suspension to kick in, where they'd have more need for pinch hitters / runners. Straw can play the PR / defensive OF role for 2 games (especially with a healthy IF for the first time in ages...).

6. vince

vince Member

I guess they should go ahead and suspend teammates in the OF that crash trying to catch the ball. Let’s make an example of anyone involved in an accident on the playing field.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I thought it would be reduced to one game, but is what it is.

vince likes this.
  8. vince

vince Member

I was thinking, is MLB grasping at straws to color the Astros as a heel team? The Astros are an extremely popular and likable team...

Would this be a feeble attempt to see if they can make the Astros the villains, much how the Rockets were vilified? I saw a lot of Astros fans in Saint Louis on TV... wow, it’s cool seeing how much fans nationally enjoy watching this Astros team!!

I can see Joe Torre taking an opportunity to say, “see the Astros have a thug on their team”. Problem was nobody, is buying that narrative... well at least nobody who respects the game.

9. Major

Major Member

LOL. Houston fans have to be amongst the worst fans in the country at feeling victimized by everyone else.

Jake did something stupid. It almost certainly wasn't intentional. It's still suspension worthy. The end.

10. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Bruh....

11. Madano

What is the something stupid that he did?

12. vince

vince Member

13. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Where is the suspension for Munoz?

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Suspension upheld considering some escalating collisions in recent weeks... I'll take it. Just hope we stay in the league's good graces in the postseason. (Imagine if Yuli was suspended in the World Series in 2017...)

15. HTown2017Champs

God the 2000's Astros fan in me really does not want to have to hate Ausmus. Dear Lord please why did all this have to end up this way. His solo shot in Game 4 will always hold a special place in my heart. I guess I can compromise and treat Ausmus the player and Ausmus the manager as two different people.

16. SemisolidSnake

It's only a suspension if someone actually gets hurt, silly. Then you throw the big mess of a book at them and make more rules in the offseason heavily favoring the injured party.

SooneRockStro likes this.
  17. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I'm with @Major on this.

Rule: Don't run into the catcher if he isn't blocking the plate.

Reality: Marisnick accidentally runs into a catcher that wasn't blocking the plate resulting in serious injuries.

MLB: We are issuing a suspension and fine for breaking the rules.

Clutch: WTF??????????

Me:
    [​IMG]

18. juicystream

That is every fan base really.

This case had arbitration, so it is over and done with, and ultimately the only loser is Jake's pocket book, as we'll get by 2 games without him.

19. juicystream

Actual Rule: A runner may not run out of a direct line to the plate in order to initiate contact with the catcher

If he didn't cut inside in order to hit Lucroy, he didn't break any rule.

20. Madano

I don't understand what y'all saw when you watched the video. Do you not see Jake cut slightly inside to AVOID Lucroy, just for Lucroy to then immediately move inside?