1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ivey or Nix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, Jun 14, 2022.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Word has been out this summer reflecting how bullish Rox’ FO is on Nix.

Words have been floating around that the Rox’ FO is intrigued with Ivey as part of an uberdynamic backcourt.

First, I was not overwhelmed by Nix during has chances on court this spring. Was I missing something?

Second, unlike so many on this GARM I am not a world class college and international prospect reviewer of talent.

So, please help me reconcile the good, the bad, and the ugly of either/both these fellows and Rox’ backcourt going forward.

Because if Nix is all that then why give Ivey a passing thought (other than predraft/preFA skullduggery)? If Ivey is Ja-dynamic then let’s let someone else pleasure our team for the rights to (presumably) PB and let our team dynamic start in TheIveyLeague.

Jontro likes this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Ivey has star potential and Nix has good point guard potential

hlmbasketball, pmac, CarlosGM and 4 others like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nix just seems like the latest mediocre young player to get hyped on here

the torch was passed from Mason Jones to Gary Matthews to Nix

Who will Nix pass it to next?

4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

to be fair to nix he was nearly the youngest player in the NBA. Jones was like 23 and isn't Matthews 25?

RudyTBag and Zen Tabak like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

seems like our playmaking as a team was so bad for so much of the season, that he got overhyped as a result…he’d make 1 basic play and dudes in the game thread would be going wild

wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not even in the league 3 or 4 years from now

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Nix might be a nice player, but I don’t think he is special or anything. I mean he hasn’t shown it yet, but you never know. I’d guess Ivey is the same right now. It’s too early to say. I do think Nix is more of a true point. Ivey will probably be the more dynamic scorer.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Nix because of what we’d have to give up to get Ivey . (Either picking banchero/ someone else at 3 / trading )

I’m not high on nix . But guard is good depth for us right now . Between green , kpj , jc , and Tate you’ve got plenty of options .

if we go big with 3 , we might be able to pick up ty ty Washington at 17 who I like .

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Only clutch fans would be comparing an undrafted FA to a top 5 pick

You guys are sick in the head

10. maj21

maj21 Member

Only on clutch fans do you see nonsense like this..

javal_lon likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It isn't really Ivey vs Nix, but c'mon...

If it actually was, the answer is obviously Ivey...And I LOVE Nix...

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We really outchea debating between an undrafted overweight player in Nix to the most athletic electrifying college player to ever walk the earth?

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Well, considering we have Nix and aren't likely to get Ivey, I'll go with Nix. Give him another year or so to develop and transform his body.

One of the things I like about him is he can switch onto bigger players because he's a thick fellow who is not easy to back down.

I like our guard rotation going forward. Not feeling desperate there at all.

VoR likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Like Mason Jones, I don't see Nix lasting a full season here.

I hope I'm wrong (but I won't be).

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You're just a hater. Watch out, cuz this is the year that Jermaine Taylor really explodes.

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Nix is a future hall of famer if he wasn’t the slowest point guard in the NBA. Speed kills and in this case the lack of speed has killed Nix’s career. He will be out of the league soon. Talented but too slow. Ivey has NBA athletism and speed, but we need size and he doesn’t have it.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ok smartass. Who would you rather have, Paolo Banchero or Anthony Lamb?

18. ball king23

ball king23 Member

got to say you know houston is not taking no Ivey at 3 knowing full well he did not interview with houston and also you know with the 3 bigs there you really want to take ivey knowing he will not get playing time behind porter jr and Dennis Schröder

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think nix is closer to like Covington, someone who was doing really well in gleague and maybe needs a real shot to do well in the NBA.

Matthews was just a dude who got hot for a few games and Mason Jones was all college hype.

20. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member