1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've been meaning to post this ridiculousness (is that a word)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JuanValdez, Dec 21, 2000.

Tags:
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Right, I work year round, does that mean I get to start any sentence I may receive whenever I retire?

------------------
    "He was under more balls than a midget hooker."-Bobby Hill

visit www.swirve.com

and, http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Hey, she had it coming. She wouldn't go buy him more beer.

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I must've skipped over that part, my bad. She did deserve it!

OK, absolutely kidding. This is one of the biggest jokes I've ever seen in our legal system.

5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I have written and phoned the commissioner's office on 3 occasions to try and find out what MLB is going to do about Chounaird. If they can suspend Rocker for saying making stupid and racist comments (albeit legal) for a month, they ought to be suspending Chounaird for longer. I have also emailed N.O.W. asking what their stance on this issue was but have never received a reply. Why is it that folks were outraged at Rocker's comments (granted, they were racist and stupid as I mentioned earlier, but they were clearly within the law), while there has been barely a peep about Chounaird?

------------------

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think the Braves and MLB were well within their rights as private entities to suspend Rocker. But you're right, it is bothersome that this hasn't gotten the attention it needs. I mean we talk about Iverson and Rocker for days, but something like attempted murder (IMO) and the guy getting 1 year, with the 8 month baseball season off, isn't hardly mentioned.

Let us know if you get a response.

------------------

visit www.swirve.com

and, http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

RM95

I have no problem with the suspension that MLB gave to Rocker. My point is that he gets a month for stupidity, while Chounaird has gotten NOTHING from MLB for spousal abuse.

------------------

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Agreed bobrek. Chouinard should be suspended for a year and forced to at least serve his sentence at one time like any other person would.

------------------

visit www.swirve.com

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"Chouinard, then a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks, was arrested last Christmas at his north Phoenix home after he hit his wife, Erica, and held a loaded gun to her head while she begged for her life, police said."

One year for that -- ridiculous is indeed the right word.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Agreed Clutch,

I would much rather see him do a year of community service in a battered women's shelter.

------------------
    'Deeds, not words, shall speak me.'

13. Redglare

Redglare Member

The article seems to say that she is still his wife. Scary. I hope that she is getting help.