1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its time we try Kemp in the OF for good.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by YaosDirtyStache, Aug 7, 2016.

1. YaosDirtyStache

You know, I try not to **** on this team because theyre young and growing but...

Damn do we need .240-.275 hitters in the worst way.

Kemp looks like a good 1-2 leadoff or second hitter to me. In the small sample size so far, he has IMO great quickness and ability to short chip the ball into gaps.

The anemic hitting we have after Correa is starting to wear on us, and will continue to do so until we address the low average low contact hitters we have.

A guy like Kemp I feel can let us bench that snorlax Gomez and get us an extra base runner.

That wont fix our problem of no power bat behind Correa (which IMO is the reason his HRs are down and Walks are higher, all because of NO lineup protection for him, theyre dancing around him and hes just not swinging) but at least itll give Correa a possible extra baseman to swing for, instead of being left afloat alone to just try to draw a walk.

2. conquistador#11

I agree. It's not too late to regenerate. I've seen some crazy sh** like the mets give up a 7 1/2 lead in the division in the final 2 weeks of the season.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Totally agree. He can play he outfield, he can play the infield, he should be on the field somewhere to give the lineup a little change of pace as long as he can remain somewhat consistent. I love the way he plays the game.

4. chrish23

chrish23 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree. Have to do something l, even if just get these guys confident for next year. This series was a killer.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

How much sentiment does Tucker carry with this front office, being the first true graduate of the Luhnow process?

It really doesn't look like he's fixed any of his flaws... and the sample size of MLB AB's is getting larger and larger to simply blame it on "adjustment period".

That and the apparent allergic reaction he causes everyone when he plays first base will continue to baffle me... but he's slowly playing his way off the team (and he's pretty much cancelled out all possible trade value).

But chances are, he'll catch on in Milwaukee... be converted to 1B... and start mashing.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Agreed. Atleast for the rest of this season we should have kemp, Jake, springer

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Kemp should definitely be on the roster, just because of his versatility. He can play outfield, the infield, and he can run the bases. Even if he doesn't start, he's a valuable guy to have on the bench.

8. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

He can't much worse than the alternatives.

But it's just one night. I think he went 2-3 in his first start and people were going nuts. Then he was pretty average.

Let's hope for more nights like tonight for Kemp.

9. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Kemp looks great so far. A potential high OBP guy that this team desperately needs. I can easily see him as key contributor to a playoff team.

Tucker needs another year to two to develop (like JD Martinez). Not sure if we have the luxury next year to basically throw the season again waiting on our hitting talent to emerge.

10. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I think Kemp and Marisnick make a good platoon. Especially if Bregman gets work in CF or RF this offseason and Kemp can stick to LF where his arm won't be a liability.

11. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Pretty average would be welcome at this point