1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its Time to Move On from all the Russian Collusion Nonsense

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Dec 4, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's time to move on from pretending like there's no evidence and the investigation is just a witch-hunt.

RocketWalta, mdrowe00, adoo and 4 others like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

leroy, krnxsnoopy and wouldabeen23 like this.
  3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...pared-to-past-special-counsel-investigations/
    #nothingburger
    [​IMG]

4. Nook

Nook Member

This is an absurd opinion piece.

The author clearly doesn't understand how an investigation works.

Typically these matters work up the chain when it comes to possible culpability.

There is no reason to believe that Flynn is all that Mueller has or will end up having.

It may work out that way, because the investigation isn't complete, no one knows.

Also this investigation is not taking a long time, especially when you consider that it involves the highest ranking officials in the USA.

No Worries, FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its. Failing. Quit turning it into a narrative that critics have no concern for those who are sick. Prices continue to go up and its making it very unaffordable for the healthy people who are just making it over the subsidy thresh hold.

Why would a party pass legislation that would be picked apart down the road? All of it was predicted but naive people like yourself actually bought into the bullshit that it was sustainable and affordable. It is either sheer incompetence or by design.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Prices have been going up well before the ACA.

The ACA is certainly not a final solution to our healthcare but it is better than what we had before especially for states that actually worked with the ACA like Massachusetts.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Nope it isn't working, burn it down. In fact, the government isn't working, break that apart. My cell phone lost service for 30 seconds today, so my only course of action was to smash it into pieces and drive over it with my car. My girlfriend burned my eggs this morning, I kicked her out and changed the locks. If it doesn't work, destroy it and give up. If you can't do that, undermine it until it quits.

B-Bob, weakfromtoday and Deckard like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

For the record, and not to support your absurdist deflection from the thread topic: healthcare costs were on a completely unsustainable trajectory before ACA.

Yes, it has serious problems. A lot of those problems have existed in the nation's healthcare dilemma for decades. The ACA, somewhat like the new tax bill, recognized it was incomplete and would require future fixes.

On topic: the opening opinion piece is one of the most poorly argued positions I've seen posted here.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I reached this point a while back and no longer even try to engage the supporters of our Dipshit-in-Chief in civil discourse. Simple derision and disdain is all that is warranted.

I feel sorry for those lacking the cognitive skills to see what a shitstorm this administration is and I reserve the 9th circle of hell for those who know better but still support this fool.

CometsWin and TheFreak like this.
  10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Guys, I think we've been looking at it wrong this entire time... Trump didn't collude with Russia, Russia colluded with Trump! The Donald is the real victim here.

No Worries likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I know you're kidding, but there's a lot of truth to this.

12. prohibido

prohibido Member

Don't forget that Keurig you destroyed a couple weeks ago.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Useful idiot?

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Hey, I have a name. That's Dr. Idiot.

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read an article on Slate that made the point that this particular "what's the big deal?" response has occurred for every major presidential scandal in history... Watergate, Lewinsky, Iran-contra, etc. It's like one of the seven stages of grief for coming to terms with a presidential scandal before the s**t hits the fan.

Unfortunately I can't find it now.,

16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Just let the investigation run its course. It's silly to make a statement about if the investigation should keep going based on what information has leaked to the public.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

OP is right, it's time to move on to the indictments.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The response is it didn't happen

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If a tax code simplification bill passes the criticism that Trump can't get anything done will go away. This is a very big deal to plenty of middle class voters.

It will have nothing to do with some stupid conspiracy with Putin