1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's not Grant Hill . . .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Rocket Guy, Jun 12, 2001.

1. The Rocket Guy

Well, the same person who told me that Cato was gone as part of a 3-way has told me that Grant Hill is NOT being offered. This is consistent with what Doc Rivers has said many times, but this came from Rich DeVos. He said Hill will not be traded as long as he is the owner.

Here's the quote I got:

"TOTAL CRAP!!!!!!!---- The Magic will never deal Grant Hill as long as
    Rich DeVos wns the team... additionally, Grant Hill has no insurace on
    his contract, he was inked while injured and no insurace company would
    insure his deal, meaning if he never plays agian, it could cost the team
    $90 million... Addition to that, Hill is worth his weight in gold in OR,
    public relations and National exposure..."

We knew this, though, deep down. Didn't we?
    Cuttino turned down a pile of money to stay in Houston because he loves Steve and Rudy and likes what the future holds for this ball club. That was well publicized., If the Rockets were to trade him away a year later, we would be ostricized like the Bulls. nobody would even speak to us, and Steve would soon be asking to be sent the way of Cat.

I was glad to hear that my gut feeling was correct. Mobley and Francis are basically untouchable.

Is the "obvious" person Chris Webber then? I don't know who else is "obvious" to Rocket fans. He's the only person we've been talking about for the past year!

TRG

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.TheRocketGuy.com

" TARGET=_blank>http://www.TheRocketGuy.com

</A> "You try to improve and do better. It's a journey, not just the destination." - Hakeem Olajuwon

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I would like to think so. Some of us have wondered about a 3-way to land Webber, but everything is so hazy now, who knows?

------------------

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Things are definitely hazy. At this point, 95% of us are confused. Maybe someone can just summarize what is going on.

------------------
    Fuggetabout it

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Although I would not like to see the Rockets take on the injury suspect Grant Hill, just because an owner says they won't trade him, certainly doesn't mean they won't trade him. In addition, the following quote, would make me more inclined as an owner to (at some point) try and trade him.

"...Grant Hill has no insurace on
    his contract, he was inked while injured and no insurace company would insure his deal, meaning if he never plays agian, it could cost the team $90 million..."

------------------

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I said it on TRG, and I said it here, you just can't trade Mobley, even for Grant Hill. They won't do it, we won't do it. Steve and Cat are like blood brothers, and Mobley's entire family has moved to Houston from Philly. So no, this trade couldn't go down. Besides, maybe Doc just wanted to say that everyone has to pass a physical first; nothing necessarily about injured players...?

------------------