1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [Season 6]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rhino17, Sep 9, 2010.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It was on at 8 across town, but is not on til 11 at my house. I dont get it

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I thought you guys were overreacting like everyone always does in the Office threads, but you're right. Pretty disappointing with the exception of a few good lines. I felt like too much was going on, and not enough shenanigans in the bar.

3. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

This was a disappointment. Maybe my expectations were too high.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

****ing Coors Light.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

typical clutchfans. jesus christ.

6. VanityHalfBlack

It's just one episode and yall complaining already???

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Season three had some weak episodes. The one where Dee meets the girl from her high school who used to be fat and Dennis starts trying to design a dress strikes me as the weakest. It still had some funny moments though.

The season opener was a little weak by It's Always Sunny standards, but like was mentioned earlier, that still makes it better than just about any other show out there.

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Not too bad. I did bust out laughing when Charlie and Frank went to the tranny to figure out who was the woman in their gay marriage.

The dead tooth. lol.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Seems like Charlie, Rob, and Glenn let stardom get to their head and they didn't put as much effort as they usually do in the writing, and focused more on product placement. Yes, they had to make sure to get Subway in there didn't they?

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Frank running a sweatshop in the basement was a classic, no way that was a weak episode, season 3 was fantastic

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Never fails, it was alright, not classic but still watchable.

12. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Better then 95% of **** on TV still. Could've been better, but I wasn't flipping the channel to watch something else.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

And people complaining about product placement. They have ALWAYS had a lot of Coors stuff around the bar although not as much. The Subway and Seattle's Best were a bit excessive, but it didn't bother me.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

LMAO!.. :grin: it wouldn't be clutchfans if this wasn't the case...

I hate to admit, but it was a pretty weak episode...It was ok, but I guess I had my expectations too high, some great one-liners though...I know they'll come back with a vengence...

"we're friends with benefits"...

"did you sell your d*ck to China"

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The League blew them out of the water this week.

16. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Did "across town" have DirecTV or Dish? If so, they got the east coast feed. Comcast gets the west coast feed.

I'm shocked to see people badmouthing the episode. I thought it was hilarious. "Now that you're dickless, I'm interested!!!"

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thought it was just an ok episode. Nothing extremely hysterical, but I was cracking up at the tranny's husband being the Miller High Life guy, and then the bit with him busting out the slavery stuff from The Bible :grin:

Eh, The League has its moments but it gets annoying when they try to be like Entourage. 80% of the jokes in the show are about Andre being lame or gay. They need to expand on some themes.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I just rewatched it and it was better than my first impression, still not great for Sunny standards, but better than any other comedy. But the episodes was just over 20 minutes. That seems very short to me, I thought the usual was around 22-24.

some lines that made me laugh

"Sweet camel toe, that's a good tuck job, you got it taped back there?" - Mac

"You're trying to confuse me with your liberal biblicisms" - Mac

"It smelled like she was nibblin' on little pieces of ****" - Frank

"I have feelings every single day of my life, are you saying you don't have feelings?" - Mac

'Did they really sell your dick to China?" - Charlie

19. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

20. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Someone sent me a hulu that contains a bit of the backstory regarding the tranny...(I had not seen that episode...so last night's was a little confusing at first)...

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/baV0cAz_ypYvBMuPRdRzwA"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/baV0cAz_ypYvBMuPRdRzwA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>