1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a matter of Bidenomics!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 28, 2023.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Trump 304 - Clinton 227

Biden 306 - Trump 232

Trump's electoral margin of victory was 3 electoral votes greater than Biden's.

2. adoo

adoo Member

thanks for corrborating my point, as to how inept the Hillary national campaign was, but i don't need the help

astros123 likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wow, a triple down. @adoo doo be working overtime.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/2020-election-numbers

But as Andrew Jackson, Samuel Tilden, Grover Cleveland, Al Gore, and Hillary Clinton can all attest, winning the popular vote doesn’t necessarily mean winning the presidency. When you look at the smallest popular vote shift needed to give Trump a victory, the 2020 election was close. Indeed, it was even closer than 2016. If Trump picked up the right mix of 42,921 votes in Arizona (10,457), Georgia (11,779), and Wisconsin (20,682), the Electoral College would have been tied at 269 all. The House would have then decided the election. Republicans will hold the majority of state delegations in the new Congress, and they undoubtedly would have chosen Trump. If Trump had also picked up the one electoral vote in Nebraska’s Second Congressional District, which he lost to Biden by 22,091 votes, he would have won the Electoral College outright. Back in 2016, Clinton needed to pick up the right mix of 78,000 votes in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin to win the Electoral College.​

I doubt this will end your bluster about swing states and popular vote.

What's your favorite line?

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Gotta love half-shit and half-wit stroking off each other's posts without understanding what's being debated.

4. Invisible Fan

I thought 2022 would go lower but it didn't. Didn't say much about 2023.

Are you still tucking tail and running away from the US? You don't sound so confident of the US's future.

For such a successful business man, you have half a brain of straw and the heart of a coward.

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. astros123

astros123 Member

You said 2023 would be one of the worst years for the economy? Wtf are you talking about 2022? You said the downturn would start in 2022 and get worst in 2023 as debt levels got worst lololol

Reality was 2023 was one of the best years in decades

6. Invisible Fan

I thought there would be a crash in 22. It dipped around pre-pandemic levels but didn't crash. I was greedy then and learned a lesson about government intervention and the PPT.

I did claim there would be a recession in 23 as did the majority of economists out there, and that didn't happen. I didn't predict a crash then because if i did, I would double down during the banking panic in Feb 2023. I also didn't predict our debt levels rising by 25% to 31T in four years, I've been concerned, and I don't think I'll be the only one before this year is over.

Nor did I make a fuss when interest rates going higher out of fears congress would "default" by not passing the debt ceiling.

You lump my points with everyone else who has national debt concerns without reading the details, then blindly Like whatever your sackmate replies (are you the Left one or the Right one?).

He in turn is triggered by my words without reading any of the details I provide, like the Bloomberg article that I pasted in its entirety as the most recent example. He then poops out a lame reply and declares victory without bothering to consider the voter class needed to be persuaded that "Bidenomics! Works"

You nuts are toxic. One is a weasel who has nothing better to do than to reply a small snippet without understanding the entire point, while the other, you, pretends to be genius at forecasting this nation's Great Economy, yet admits to have sold his own company and is leaving the country. That's Big Brain logic, friend.

A loyal and true Biden dog would at least sell the company and renounce citizenship if/when Biden loses.

I have zero qualms being toxic back.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

My business was worth less than 200k when biden got elected. He then expanded healthcare care for 2 years which allowed me to 6x sales and I sold my company before the temporary subsidies expire this fall? I sold my company at the very top without worrying if the subsidies would be expanded or not?

I also clearly said numerous times here that I was longing S&P with my savings in 2022 when everyone thought it was collapsing? I ran away with fortune without worrying what happens this fall?

How is that not genius ? I'm confused ?

8. astros123

astros123 Member

@Space Ghost this is what being anti establishment really looks like. Not the dipshits @El_Conquistador @Salvy who think trump is somehow anti establishment cuz he believes the election was stolen.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Are you really suggesting that finally fixing a problem that's existed for 15 years is anti establishment?

11. astros123

astros123 Member

The "deep state" are your billionaire tech oligarchs. Trump never had the balls to break up big tech. He was cucked and a p***y. Say what you want about biden but he's going to war with the real enemies aka big tech. That's the definition of anti establishment

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

13. adoo

adoo Member

this outstanding stock market performance, across all indices, happened

Time was when one of the Mag 7 sneezes, Wall Street catches a cold; not any more.

this underscores how strong the stock market is, how broad-based the gains have been

astros123 likes this.
  14. astros123

astros123 Member

Don't let @Invisible Fan read your posts lol

15. Invisible Fan

heh I genuinely want Biden to succeed.

At least I won't brag about leaving the country this year with whatever the result.

Biden needs to train his dogs better.

16. Space Ghost

It seems Powell strongly disagrees with the Biden Administration. We may not even see a rate cut this year. @astros123

Probably a good time to sell your business and leave the country.

17. astros123

astros123 Member

He literally just said this week he sees 3 rate cuts this year. The majority of the fed gov are democrats. He has no choice. Powell is a dipshit who's out of touch with reality.

Nd I literally said above that I've already liquidated and moved.

18. astros123

astros123 Member

19. astros123

astros123 Member

@Space Ghost green subsidies working like a charm. The troll @AroundTheWorld claimed it was a wasteful bill that wouldn't make a difference. The way to solve climate change is make renewables cheap

20. Space Ghost

Good. I support renewable energy. Now that we have made advancements, it's time we start putting our best and brightest to developing better energy sources. It's going to take a lot more rivers, wind farms and solar to keep up with energy demand.

Xopher likes this.