1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel protests after Pope Francis laments ‘carnage’ in Gaza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://aje.io/1t4jyz?update=2708272

Israel protests after Pope Francis laments ‘carnage’ in Gaza

The Israeli embassy to the Holy See has denounced remarks from a deputy of Pope Francis who decried the “carnage” of the war in Gaza, where more than 28,000 Palestinians have been killed and more than 80 percent of the population displaced.

“It is a deplorable statement. Judging the legitimacy of a war without taking into account all relevant circumstances and data inevitably leads to wrong conclusions,” the Israeli embassy said in a statement.

Yesterday, Cardinal Secretary of State Pietro Parolin had stated that “request that Israel’s right to defence, which has been invoked to justify this operation, be proportional, and certainly with 30,000 deaths, it is not.”

“I believe we are all outraged by what is happening, by this carnage, but we must have the courage to move forward and not lose hope,” he added.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. HTM

HTM Member

My beef with the the whole Israeli-Gaza conflict is it doesn't seem very productive.

I'm afraid at the end of all this the fruits of the whole thing are just going to be a Gaza bombed into the 8th century, some dead Israeli's, a lot of dead Palestinians, a massive humanitarian crisis and within a few years another generation of Hamas fighters seeking conflict with the State of Israel.

Hope I'm wrong and the Israeli's actually have a plan.

fchowd0311 likes this.