1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isiah Quote

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aelliott, Dec 17, 2002.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Sorry to kill all the negativity, but here's an interesting quote from Isiah Thomas:

<i>"Confidence-wise, this is the best way for us to go into this week," Thomas said. "I would say this is going to be a very emotional week. And we have to guard against getting too high, or too, low. Playing Dallas, the best team in the league, <b>and Houston, the team I consider the dark horse to come out of the West, you could very well be playing two teams that could play in the NBA Finals</b>.

<b>"The truth is, basketball-wise, the state of Texas has it going on. Between San Antonio, Houston and Dallas, they've got some big ballers right now in Texas. </b>None of that changes the job we have to do this week."
    </i>

http://www.indystar.com/print/articles/1/009048-7131-036.html

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Nice quotes by Thomas. Its all about respect.

3. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

Almost every teams now would indicate that Texas is the worse trip to go. Ask Orlando Magic, they got consecutive games against Texas's big threes in April, which at the moment they may be fighting for playoff. :rolleyes:

KH

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Many bbs posters have been lost in the Texas Triangle, without a trace, and were never heard from again....

This did not happen to Charles Barkley however.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

wow! very nice. i only hope that we prove him right.

6. Panda

Panda Member

Great to hear that from a once great player. Now only if there won't be any more "we should win championship this season" threads... wait, did Isiah say it before or after the recent three games?

7. Panda

Panda Member

No edit function. Forget about what I asked. It was self evident.

8. Texas11

Texas11 Member

Dallas revenged its loss to Indiana today. I wish Houston would do the same thing tommorrow.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Wow, can't believe that we are finally getting noticed by teams...:eek:

10. Sane

Sane Member

For some reason, I think Thomas is just trying to give our players big heads. They're going to go into the game with too much confidence if they hear this one.

You play home games as if it's the final game of a series, and you're down by 1 with this one possesion to go. You don't go in with "We're at home, we're unbeatable, and the other team thinks so too."

No more hype. We're battling to IMPROVE our record as much as possible in the next 17 games. Hopefully, with that, we'll go 13-4, and win on ESPN for people to see that we can trash the Pacers just like the Mavs can trash them.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Mmn, I think Thomas believes what he says about the Rockets.

It's a strange year so far, isn't it? The Lakers suck A and teams 3-8 are all kinda bunched together in the standings. I keep hoping for Phoenix, Portland, Utah, Minnesota, and Seattle to lose, because the Rockets keep finding ways of losing close games and could easily be 18-5.

Still, thangs lookin' good for the home team.

12. ILoveClutchCity

With quotes like this from Thomas and others I began to wonder if a team that missed the playoffs the previous year had ever won the championship?? Does anyone know?

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

so, remember Les Alexander's quote that prompted everyone calling him a moron. Well, since Isiah is speaking finals this year in the same breath as the Rockets, you have to say he's getting pretty close to Les's quote.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Did anyone catch Bob Ryan's quote on PTI yesterday? He said in 2006, we'd be wondering what the Chinese word for threepeat is.

15. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Tempting as it is, I'm not buying it.

Typical opposing coach buttering-up before the game to keep his team focused. You want your team thinking this is some big challenge, not just some ordinary close to .500 team (which you've had success against recently too). Not to mention, it keeps our players from being more motivated to prove something tonight.

If he says it next month, then I'll be impressed.

aelliott, great to see a post from you again! Good find, it was enjoyable to read nevertheless. :)