1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this the NBA's Best East in 23 Years?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by val_modus, Dec 24, 2020.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

My best friend and I run a local sports pod called Not your Weekly Sports Pod (I know, we could've chose a better title).

This week, we previewed the NBA's East, positing the question, "Is this potentially the first time that the East is better than the West since the 90's?". There's also a quick segment at the end for NBA Award predictions.

Do you guys think this is the best East we've seen in 23 years? If so, do you think 2021 is the first time in decades that the East overtakes the West? If not, then what year was the East better?

Tune in and let me know what you guys think. Even a simple 30 second listen helps us out, as we don't make any money from this, but just want more of our friends and hoops fans to listen to content we love putting out! Here's a preview below..

https://open.spotify.com/episode/22eiCElFwFmWbJksnCCw4K?si=Bqu7P_AUQJWkKtaFNufNQA

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...stern-conference/id1523215605?i=1000503281182

https://anchor.fm/notyourweeklysportspod

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Certainly the first time in a while that the east had both several top teams and a decent bottom half of the playoffs. Usually only have 1 or the other (or neither). Wouldn't say they are better than the west though, but at least close for once.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

LeBron goes West and suddenly the east looks good.

Jontro likes this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

As a whole, the east via worse record than the west, has been gobbling up the better draft picks for what did you say? 23 years? And they are still worse than the west?

I know that should mean something, right?

Okay, more serious. I think the top east teams maybe better than in the recent past, but the middle and lower tier teams maybe worse. So as a whole, not sure. Too early to say.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

With Westbrook in the East the answer is a definite maybe, maybe no.

SamFisher likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is this the best East? For context, the Knicks just knocked off the reigning MVP and best team in the East. The Hornets just knocked off KD and Kyrie. Cavs just knocked off the 76ers and the Pacers knocked off Boston.

3 of the top 4 EC teams from last year got knocked off by 3 of the 4 worst.

:D:D:D

plutoblue11 likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Reigning two time mvp.lol.

I still can't decide what's a bigger travesty, the Base 10 year of Russ stat padding his way to mvp and very obviously doing it, and having legions of people defending and promoting him as MVP, or the historic Harden 2019 scoring eruption being coopted for a very nice but tradstatistically unmemorable season by Giannis because he's such a humble young man.

#7 SamFisher, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020