1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this karma for Oilers-Bills '93?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shwinn23, May 15, 2015.

1. shwinn23

shwinn23 Contributing Member

As Houston fans, we have long suffered. A *hitzpatrick pick (or three aka *hitz-hat-trick) here, a timely Rosenfels fumble there, Schaub's Richie Tenenbaum season (he's taking off his shoes, i think he's crying!)...yao's feet, tmac's, well...everything. I won't even bother with the Astros. Jeremy Lin :eek:. None of these horrific experiences, however, stack up to the historic proportions of the game that shall not be named, yet now, we find ourselves on the OTHER side of history. Is it an overreaction to think that the tide has turned? That collectively we have summited (intentional) the karmic peak?

Regardless of what happens in game 7 and hopefully the ensuing series vs the Grizzlies, I can't help but feel that this team has grown and in the process exorcised the demons of the last 20+ years of Htown sports. I'm knocking on wood and crossing as many fingers and toes as possible, but a game like this goes a long way towards building a resilience and identity that cannot be overstated. The Oilers playoff loss fed into a collective conscience that resulted in the "Choke City" headlines...The Dream and his colleagues reversed the choke city mojo and turned us into "CLUTCH CITY" soon thereafter, but a final historic comeback was needed to erase the residue of that Oilers loss.

That's my take after rewatching the game with a few too many whiskeys to keep me company. Lets go ROX!